Before you draft a QB in the 1st round ...

Since the talk is all about drafting a QB ...

Before a team drafts a QB in the 1st round, I think about some words I heard from Mel Kiper (I know lots of people hate him, but he makes sense here)are important. You need to look outside the physical attributes. Questions to be answered include:

1. Is he the first guy in the training room and the last guy to leave the film room?

2. Do other players follow his lead on the field and his work ethic off the field?

3. Is he the player who knows the game plan best?

4. Does he mope around when things go bad or not his way?

These are the intangibles you don't see on Saturday, but are crucial. Think of the failures as highly drafted QBs and I'd bet you'll find that many don't have positive answers to these questions. Do we know the answers to these questions for Luck, Newton, Gabbert, Mallot, ...?

From all the interviews I seen of Luck he is a mature good character guy. He is the son of a QB who also ran NFL Europe and now AD of West Virgina, so Andrew knows what it takes and what to expect. Its obvious his teammates follow him and has leadership skills to lead a team. Bottom the kid can flat out play and we need him. Trent Dilfer says he is great human being and the best QB prospect to come out since 83. A guy like this is to good to pass up so hopefully Ralph sticks to his guns and makes Nix pull the trigger.

From all the interviews I seen of Luck he is a mature good character guy. He is the son of a QB who also ran NFL Europe and now AD of West Virgina, so Andrew knows what it takes and what to expect. Its obvious his teammates follow him and has leadership skills to lead a team. Bottom the kid can flat out play and we need him. Trent Dilfer says he is great human being and the best QB prospect to come out since 83. A guy like this is to good to pass up so hopefully Ralph sticks to his guns and makes Nix pull the trigger.

I don't think there is too much of a question icw Luck. The issue there is he won't be there when the Bills draft, if he comes out at all. There is no way I could endorse giving up what would be needed to go to #1 and get him. You would have to give up most everythig to go up and then not improve any other part of your team. God knows there are many areas the Bills need improvement in.

If Luck declares for the Draft. We absolutely must try to get this guy. Kelly was the savior of this franchise and I see Andrew Luck being the same guy, maybe even better character then Kelly was at that time. The Bills need Andrew Luck more then any player out there...