If Anyone Was Wondering Why We Refer to the "Liberal Media"

Perhaps "headline" is the wrong term. When you pull up Yahoo's home screen there is a picture in the middle of the screen and stories that run along the bottom in groups of 4. These stories have a picture and a brief description and a headline, and link to a full story. The headline on the actual story isn't necessarily identical to the one on the Yahoo home page. I was under the impression that those were added by Yahoo, but I suppose it's possible AP could provide that content as well.

It's not that there is anything inherrently wrong with the article itself, other than the fact that it was written in the first place. It's the selective disclosure we were talking about before. The point of the story is that the members of Congress might let politics affect their decisions, which is about like reporting that the sun might well rise tomorrow.

The reason it's biased is because they're presenting it as though it is somehow unique to this Congress (which implies it's a break from the behavior of the previous congress) and because they didn't run these stories when the Dems took control in 2006.

Your first mistake was going to People Magazine.....I mean Yahoo for your news.

The original headline was quite disparaging. That's pretty much all this thread amounts to.

It did it's job, though. Got a bunch of idiots (incl me) on a political message board to click on the story.

Edited by BlueFire

But if that were the only purpose a headline served, every headline would be "Naked chicks! See Them Here!"

I've always contended that the NY Daily News has a rotation of the following headlines to sell papers:

1. Look at what that white guy did to that black guy!!!!!!!

2. Look at what that white republican on Fox News said!!!!!

3. The NY Yankees!

On the other side of town, the NY Post has a rotation of the following:

1. "Naked chicks! See Them Here!"

Newspapers play to the LOWEST common denominator in order to move product. Always have.

Edited by RkFast