No wine for 30 days starting Monday

mead107

Yes, but do they do anything to celebrate 4:20? ;)

interesting thread you have going here. i've been sober for 3 years but i do and always will celebrate 4:20 0:););)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The diet starts on Monday. I am going to try and I do say try, not to have any wine for 30 days.

I will try not to have any thing on the wife's birthday. :angry:

I will be drinking watching the game.

Has it been 30 days already? Tempus fugit.

No wine, beer, or booze for a month - and I feel totally cleansed.

:beer:

and someone who uses pain killers (vicodin, advil, tylenol etc) while not drinking alcohol is considered sober?

No they would not be sober.

Hope you have a supply in house, it may be a while before you get out again.

I heard he's fermenting his old socks.

and someone who uses pain killers (vicodin, advil, tylenol etc) while not drinking alcohol is considered sober?

My understanding is if I am taking a narcotic of any kind, I do not consider myself sober, because of the mind-altering aspect (side effect?) of narcotics. Tylenol and Advil are non-narcotic, and so would not compromise my sobriety.

But each person really defines their own sobriety, because, really, no one else cares what we do!

My understanding is if I am taking a narcotic of any kind, I do not consider myself sober, because of the mind-altering aspect (side effect?) of narcotics. Tylenol and Advil are non-narcotic, and so would not compromise my sobriety.

But each person really defines their own sobriety, because, really, no one else cares what we do!

Chef and Crayonz do evidently.

So, if I'm drunk as a skunk, but claim that I'm sober, then I am?.......Other than that, I agree. Tylenol, Advil are not going to compromise sobriety. Vidodin, etc. would.

And to say you're sober, except for pot makes no sense......Not the first time I've heard it, though.

So, if I'm drunk as a skunk, but claim that I'm sober, then I am?.......Other than that, I agree. Tylenol, Advil are not going to compromise sobriety. Vidodin, etc. would.

And to say you're sober, except for pot makes no sense......Not the first time I've heard it, though.

Many people think sobriety only has to do with alcohol.

Many people think sobriety only has to do with alcohol.

and the definition of sobriety is what exactly?

sobriety - the state of being sober and not intoxicated by alcohol

soberness

temporary state - a state that continues for a limited time

2. sobriety - moderation in or abstinence from alcohol or other drugs

dryness

temperance, moderation - the trait of avoiding excesses

3. sobriety - a manner that is serious and solemn

graveness, gravity, soberness, somberness, sombreness

serious-mindedness, earnestness, seriousness, sincerity - the trait of being serious; "a lack of solemnity is not necessarily a lack of seriousness"- Robert Rice

stodginess, stuffiness - dull and pompous gravity

4. sobriety - abstaining from excess

temperance

abstinence - act or practice of refraining from indulging an appetite

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

and the definition of sobriety is what exactly?

sobriety - the state of being sober and not intoxicated by alcohol

soberness

temporary state - a state that continues for a limited time

2. sobriety - moderation in or abstinence from alcohol or other drugs

dryness

temperance, moderation - the trait of avoiding excesses

3. sobriety - a manner that is serious and solemn

graveness, gravity, soberness, somberness, sombreness

serious-mindedness, earnestness, seriousness, sincerity - the trait of being serious; "a lack of solemnity is not necessarily a lack of seriousness"- Robert Rice

stodginess, stuffiness - dull and pompous gravity

4. sobriety - abstaining from excess

temperance

abstinence - act or practice of refraining from indulging an appetite

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

So you don't drink but you smoke weed every day and you think you're sober? Good for you. But you'd be wrong in most people's book.