I cant cheer against my team

buffalo_bills

I do not want a win this sunday, and this is my first time ever saying that, and i've been a Bills fan for many years. I just refuse to sit in front of the TV, and root against the team i love. I would much rather watch Cincy or Denver and cheer for them. I don't know Bills fans, tell me what you think. Am i being completely stupid, or do i make sense?

I do not want a win this sunday, and this is my first time ever saying that, and i've been a Bills fan for many years. I just refuse to sit in front of the TV, and root against the team i love. I would much rather watch Cincy or Denver and cheer for them. I don't know Bills fans, tell me what you think. Am i being completely stupid, or do i make sense?

no you're not stupid. the stupid ones are the ones that think it matters where we draft.

If your going to cheer for another team make it Denver. Just let the Bills start their bench players and let nature take it's course. Tape some bowl games and watch them on Sunday. Keep your eyes closed until the league standings come out on Sunday night and if you are lucky you will see the Bills at 4 and 12. and Denver at 5 Wins. Then watch the BCS game with Newton lighting up Oregon you will feel better about it.

I guess I'm in the minority, cause a season like this is much easier for me to be a fan than back during some of the years when we had a perennial winner. I had pretty much zero expectations for this season in terms of wins. I just wanted to see the team respond to Gailey, get some experience, play hard for four quarters every week, and see some young players step up and create a foundation for the future. I admit that the Steelers game really irked me, cause I wanted to beat those a-holes, and I wish we could have beaten the Pats, but aside from that the W/L just didn't matter all that much to me this year. That all changes come week 1 of 2011, though. I expect 8-8 or better, and then playoffs in year 3.

You ARE cheering for your team. You are cheering for them to improve for future years - something any smart investor would do. If you were on your death bed maybe watching your last Bills game thats one thing, but if you will be around for next season and many after, a lose is better for the Bills moving forward.

I refuse to cheer against the bills... but if they lose, then I wont be incredibly disappointed because I know its probably going to be for the better next year. HOWEVER, I also feel that this team still has enough holes that the ~9th best player in this draft, being a position that we need, will still help out about the same as the ~3rd best.

This is assuming that we draft properly and get a player we need. When was the last time the Pats* had a top 5 pick that mattered to them.

Maybe I'm just lying to myself when I watch the game, but in these situations I will watch the game cheering them to win, but not be upset at all if they lose. I'll be happy if they win, but the next day wish they had lost a close one.

It's hard to control how you genuinly feel in the moment. I'll always want them to win. But if we do, come April, I'll be thinking about this game as the one that cost us 3-5 spots

You ARE cheering for your team. You are cheering for them to improve for future years - something any smart investor would do. If you were on your death bed maybe watching your last Bills game thats one thing, but if you will be around for next season and many after, a lose is better for the Bills moving forward.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner! Could not have expressed it better myself......Anybody who wants to beat the Jets backups and draft 9th is not a real Bills fan! :devil:

So you're telling me it doesnt make a difference if we draft at #10 or #3?

yes, that is exactly what i am telling you. where was mike williams drafted?

what matters is not your draft position, but that you don't have a bunch of chimps making the picks.

which is why we're !@#$ed. sorry.

We all know the real reason some people want the Bills to lose is so they can complain how much we suck that we can't beat a team mailing it in. You can't fool me.

PTR

not me. i know we suck dog balls and will continue to do so until we have anew owner..at the earliest. but i still want a win. every week.

yes, that is exactly what i am telling you. where was mike williams drafted?

what matters is not your draft position, but that you don't have a bunch of chimps making the picks.

which is why we're !@#$ed. sorry.

not me. i know we suck dog balls and will continue to do so until we have anew owner..at the earliest. but i still want a win. every week.

You picked one example that was picked by a GM that is no longer here. Let go of the past, its almost 2011.

And, wouldn't you think the asshats making the picks have a better chance of getting a player at #3 than at #10. It just puts the odds better in their favor.

It also sticks them with a higher salary and singing bonuses that, if the player doesn't pan out for whatever reason (and there have been plenty of players who would've had great careers if not for stuff like injuries...like Ki-Jana Carter), then we're on the hook for all that which will cripple us for several years because there's no way the new CBA won't have a salary cap in place...how much they change the rookie cap remains to be seen.

A good GM, like we have now, can make a key pick at 10 just as easily as he can at 3