2011 Buffalo Bills Roster

Estelle Getty

If I am the general manager....This is what I would do. (This comes from watching everyplay this year and the past 15) This is my opinion, and a realistic look at the starters and possible moves the Bills could make. I think they could be a wild card team with this roster, and will be fun to watch. Not gonna list every player, mostly starters.

QB-Fitz and Brown. Fitz can get it done. Tough and scrappy. Mite as well let Brown develope into a backup, seems to have some tools.

FB-The Black Terminator.

RB-Jackson and Spiller. Jackson is solid. Chan wanted a "water bug" back, now figure out how to use him. Has big play ability and speed.

WR-Johnson, FA, Parrish, Nelson, Jones. Johnson has shown he is a # 1 WR. Parrish finally looks like a WR. Nelson and Jones are provide young depth and size.

TE-FA, Stupar. Nelson is aparentley not in Chans plans, lazy, not a good blocker, 3 catches. Stupar is a solid all around backup. There should be some good FA tight ends avaliable. We are not the best at drafting them historically.

OL-Bell, Levitre, Hang, Wood, Rookie. Need to improve on both run and pass blocking. Didn't give up alot of sacks. Give Fitz more time to disect the D. Line showed good improvement. Good, young depth for next year.

4-3 D

DL-1st pick Daquan Bowers, Kyle Williams, Stroud/Edwards, Kelsey. Very weak last year. Obvious pick in my opinion if Bowers is still on the Board. Kelsey has looked good when lined up at DE. Stroud has looked awful at DE, but good at his natural position. Need a D coordinator who knows how to stop the run.

LB-Moats, Poz, FA.Moats is astud. Poz is not spectacular, but a solid MLB. Sign a top FA OLB.

CB-McKelvin, Florence, Corner. Florence has been are bestCBthis year. McKelvin needs to be more consistant, but gets a bad rap. Time to start getting max value out of our 1st round picks.

S-Bryd, Wilson/Scot. Rookie.

Cut- Evans, Magee. Let Whitner walk, couldn't cover Oprah on a bad day. Let Maybin do something since he is on the hook for so much $ anyway. Maybe be the team massues or teach him how to paint kids faces.

Heres to 2011!

Not sure why we'd cut Evans, his cap number is low and he's worth having while youngester develop. McGee should be on the team, as well.

Who would we add if we're getting rid of so many? There is room for improvement, but not sure how we would add to the team by cutting these players, especially when no players were listed? That is to say, if we got Winfield back I'd cut McGee to have Winfield, but if we were getting a rd 6 rookie to take over McGee I am not sold?

Our MLB's need more depth then just Poz. He would be our only MLB, which is important in the 4-3.

I for one dont think our D is really that far off for the 3-4. Yes we need to add a few players definatly but we aren't that far off. When your team turns the ball over 7 times that kinda puts the D in a bad spot and it has to frusturate them. The O lost that game in every way you can lose that game yesturday. As for Johnson as the Number 1 WR i am not buying it yet. He is way to inconsistent and #1's don't drop balls right in there hands at crucial times in games week in and week out, A real #1 would take the hit yesturday and hold on to the ball and he would have caught the football in OT against the Steelers and he would have caught a third down pass thrown his way and hit him in the hands against the Vickings, I can go on there are plenty of drops this year. Plenty of good stuff too but more drops. I like the 3-4 if we sign the FA NT off the dolphins roster like someone suggested a couple of days ago and move williams to DE cut Stroud so our front would be Edwards Soliai and Williams.

Interesting stuff.

What I really really like in your comments is no "interchangable parts": "oh, this guy is looking good at Position A so we'll move him to Position B and draft for Position A". If he looks like he's developing well at Position A, Leave Him There. Yeah!

Comments where I see it differently in italics.

WR-Johnson, FA, Parrish, Nelson, Jones. Johnson has shown he is a # 1 WR. Parrish finally looks like a WR. Nelson and Jones provide young depth and size.

This is the major place where I don't quite see it. Johnson MAY develop into a #1. Right now, he drops too many to be a #1.

I'm witcha on Parrish and Nelson. Want to see Easley, and I like what I've seen from Roosevelt more than Jones, myself.

Major difference: I don't think we should get rid of Evans yet. Give Fitz preseason to get on the same page more and see.

TE-FA, Stupar. Nelson is apparently not in Chans plans, lazy, not a good blocker, 3 catches. Stupar is a solid all around backup.

I think Stupar wouldn't be a backup on other teams. I think we need both FA and draft

There should be some good FA tight ends avaliable. We are not the best at drafting them historically.

What are we best at drafting historically? We either better re-write history and draft well across the board, or hang it up.

I think our OL is moving in the right direction, but we need both a quality FA and draft. I'm worried about what Green (and Merriman) says for our ability to acquire FA, unless it really turned out Green wasn't healthy all season. I thought he was gonna get Fitzy killed. I think Wood is good, Levitre could rise a to the occasion sometimes

4-3 D

DL-1st pick Daquan Bowers, Kyle Williams, Stroud/Edwards, Kelsey. Very weak last year. Obvious pick in my opinion if Bowers is still on the Board. Kelsey has looked good when lined up at DE. Stroud has looked awful at DE, but good at his natural position.

What about Troup and Carrington? They've both shown flashes. I want to see more of them. Edwards is solid, but on the downhill slope of his career.

Kelsey is Exhibit A of the fallacy "he's OK here, let's move him THERE." I agree with your assessment he's more acceptable as DE but he's not what I'd like to see.

Need a D coordinator who knows how to stop the run.

I gotta say, I Don't Get Edwards. He doesn't have the right people?

Half the guys we started the season with were brought in, presumably for him.

If your players don't fit your scheme, scheme to fit your players! I'm willing to be persuaded, I think we need an upgrade at DC myself

LB-Moats, Poz, FA. Moats is a stud. Poz is not spectacular, but a solid MLB. Sign a top FA OLB.

Nothing against FA, I think we must draft quality at both OLB (priority) and ILB, myself. I found myself nodding at the gibe "Poz couldn't cover a saucepan. Maybe since he seemed to stay healthy this season, he'll develop? *uncertain*

Heres to 2011!

And a happy 2011 to you and yours also.

The team needs to try and improve at ALL positions, including QB. Draft the best available player and get the max value at each draft slot. I don't know what FA will look like in the current economic climate, but if possible they should bring in 2 or 3 solid medium priced FAs as well. I see very few positions that don't need to be improved. Maybe FB and CB. Maybe some of the current guys will pick up their play and become legitimate championship caliber players but right now, they are not.

The coaching staff, including Edwards, will all get another year, minimum, to see what they can do. Frankly, I am more impressed with Gailey than Nix.

This team neds a major defensive upgrade. I don't want to hear that were just a couple of players away. We've given up over 200 yrds on the ground I believe 6 times this year out of 15. We get fooled when the defense has some stops against poor teams. Look what a good team did yesterday and that was playing conservatively. Not sure anyone other than Williams on theline is worth keeping and maybe Moats can play, but too early to tell. Poz is a back-up at best. Takes the wrong angles on the run and as someone here said yesterday he can't cover toast if he was butter. We will neverbe good until our D gets better.

QB-Fitz and Brown. - Fitz has earned another year , and frankly , I think he's got IT and replacing him as starter would be a step backwards IMO. That said , if Luck declares and somehow falls to us , we gotta pull the trigger.

FB-The Black Terminator.

RB-Jackson and Spiller. - Freddy is a gamer and Spiller is a rookie learning his way. Next year will be CJ's break out year.

WR-Johnson, FA, Parrish, Roosevelt, Jones - Johnson is great and will only get better. Parrish showed some flashes of what could be , and Roosevelt has potential given more playing time. AJ Green will be probably be the "best available player" on the board when we pick , so if the Bills stick to that draft formula , we could be seeing AJ in red and blue next year.

TE-FA, Stupar. Nelson - I like Nelson but Stupar hasn't shown much IMO . Isn't Owen Daniels a FA?

OL-Bell, Levitre, Hang, Wood, Bell , ? - Levitre and Wood will continue to improve . Hang is getting a little old so it might be a good idea to draft a Center in the later rounds. I was somewhat impressed with Bell's play , though my expectations for him were low. Right tackle is a problem and needs to be fixed this year. Gaither or Justin Blalock from Atlanta might be worth a look.

DL-, Kyle Williams,Edwards, Ray Edwards (Free Agent) , Fairley (1st round pick)- I know I'm probably dreaming having the Bills sign Ray Edwards , but signing him and drafting Fairley could fix our D-line almost over night. Robaire Smith might also be a cheaper option , but not a long term fix.

LB-Moats, Poz, Free Agent , Maybin ( Harris/Greenway/Mike Peterson come to mind.) Poz is an average LB and Moats was a great find. Bringing in an athletic sideline to sideline LB is what we need. Perhaps year 3 is a charm for Maybin , though unlikely.

CB-McKelvin, Florence, Corner , McGee.- No changes here.

S-Whitner , Bryd, Wilson/Scot - Resign Whitner to a reasonable contract , if not , we draft a safety or pick up a mid-level tier free agent. Pass protection isn't a major problem.

Defense was our main problem this year . IMO , if we shore up the DLine and LBs , we could see the playoffs next year.

If I am the general manager....This is what I would do. (This comes from watching everyplay this year and the past 15) This is my opinion, and a realistic look at the starters and possible moves the Bills could make. I think they could be a wild card team with this roster, and will be fun to watch. Not gonna list every player, mostly starters.

QB-Fitz and Brown. Fitz can get it done. Tough and scrappy. Mite as well let Brown develope into a backup, seems to have some tools.

FB-The Black Terminator.

RB-Jackson and Spiller. Jackson is solid. Chan wanted a "water bug" back, now figure out how to use him. Has big play ability and speed.

WR-Johnson, FA, Parrish, Nelson, Jones. Johnson has shown he is a # 1 WR. Parrish finally looks like a WR. Nelson and Jones are provide young depth and size.

TE-FA, Stupar. Nelson is aparentley not in Chans plans, lazy, not a good blocker, 3 catches. Stupar is a solid all around backup. There should be some good FA tight ends avaliable. We are not the best at drafting them historically.

OL-Bell, Levitre, Hang, Wood, Rookie. Need to improve on both run and pass blocking. Didn't give up alot of sacks. Give Fitz more time to disect the D. Line showed good improvement. Good, young depth for next year.

4-3 D

DL-1st pick Daquan Bowers, Kyle Williams, Stroud/Edwards, Kelsey. Very weak last year. Obvious pick in my opinion if Bowers is still on the Board. Kelsey has looked good when lined up at DE. Stroud has looked awful at DE, but good at his natural position. Need a D coordinator who knows how to stop the run.

LB-Moats, Poz, FA.Moats is astud. Poz is not spectacular, but a solid MLB. Sign a top FA OLB.

CB-McKelvin, Florence, Corner. Florence has been are bestCBthis year. McKelvin needs to be more consistant, but gets a bad rap. Time to start getting max value out of our 1st round picks.

Cut- Evans, Magee. Let Whitner walk, couldn't cover Oprah on a bad day. Let Maybin do something since he is on the hook for so much $ anyway. Maybe be the team massues or teach him how to paint kids faces.

Heres to 2011!

Outstanding!!!!!

We can try to run the Buffalo Bills all day long from TWO Bills drive, and they will just ignore us

I just printed out your seggestions and mailed them to the Bills front office at ONE Bills Drive

I sent it Express Mail

This team neds a major defensive upgrade. I don't want to hear that were just a couple of players away. We've given up over 200 yrds on the ground I believe 6 times this year out of 15. We get fooled when the defense has some stops against poor teams. Look what a good team did yesterday and that was playing conservatively. Not sure anyone other than Williams on theline is worth keeping and maybe Moats can play, but too early to tell. Poz is a back-up at best. Takes the wrong angles on the run and as someone here said yesterday he can't cover toast if he was butter. We will neverbe good until our D gets better.

I agree. We need a D overhaul. If we run a 3-4, we have to get a giant space eating NT and big DEs. Not only big but strong. We lose at the point of attack and we don't shed blocks. But when we do shed blocks, the running back is at the second level. That's because we're not strong enough to maintain gap control.

QB-Fitz and Brown. - Fitz has earned another year , and frankly , I think he's got IT and replacing him as starter would be a step backwards IMO. That said , if Luck declares and somehow falls to us , we gotta pull the trigger.

FB-The Black Terminator.

RB-Jackson and Spiller. - Freddy is a gamer and Spiller is a rookie learning his way. Next year will be CJ's break out year.

WR-Johnson, FA, Parrish, Roosevelt, Jones - Johnson is great and will only get better. Parrish showed some flashes of what could be , and Roosevelt has potential given more playing time. AJ Green will be probably be the "best available player" on the board when we pick , so if the Bills stick to that draft formula , we could be seeing AJ in red and blue next year.

TE-FA, Stupar. Nelson - I like Nelson but Stupar hasn't shown much IMO . Isn't Owen Daniels a FA?

OL-Bell, Levitre, Hang, Wood, Bell , ? - Levitre and Wood will continue to improve . Hang is getting a little old so it might be a good idea to draft a Center in the later rounds. I was somewhat impressed with Bell's play , though my expectations for him were low. Right tackle is a problem and needs to be fixed this year. Gaither or Justin Blalock from Atlanta might be worth a look.

DL-, Kyle Williams,Edwards, Ray Edwards (Free Agent) , Fairley (1st round pick)- I know I'm probably dreaming having the Bills sign Ray Edwards , but signing him and drafting Fairley could fix our D-line almost over night. Robaire Smith might also be a cheaper option , but not a long term fix.

LB-Moats, Poz, Free Agent , Maybin ( Harris/Greenway/Mike Peterson come to mind.) Poz is an average LB and Moats was a great find. Bringing in an athletic sideline to sideline LB is what we need. Perhaps year 3 is a charm for Maybin , though unlikely.

CB-McKelvin, Florence, Corner , McGee.- No changes here.

S-Whitner , Bryd, Wilson/Scot - Resign Whitner to a reasonable contract , if not , we draft a safety or pick up a mid-level tier free agent. Pass protection isn't a major problem.

Defense was our main problem this year . IMO , if we shore up the DLine and LBs , we could see the playoffs next year.

Can I just say one thing thats bugging me and constanly happens on here. Geoff Hangartner is 28!!!!! He was only drafted in 2005. He's not old. I am not having a go at anyone. It just seems to be said a LOT and its not true.

Thank You...

I provided my name, mailing address, email address and cell phone number. If they get back to me, I will post what they say

I did not try to steal credit for the suggestions

Im worried about our secondary next year. Its not an issue now, but we could def use some depth at corner. not to mention our guys are getting older,and mcgee cant stay healthy.

I would like to see an improved secondary, but I am not “worried” about the secondary.

I am worried about things like our nation fighting wars on several fronts, the economy, and terrorism, but I don’t “worry” about the secondary.

FB-The Black Terminator.

4-3 D

Heres to 2011!

there is nobody on this team I would shed a tear for if they were not back next year.....if there was a 2011 season