Thank you Mr Wilson

firstngoal

I'll never understand why people like the OP and others have such a sense of entitlement. Mr. Wilson, Mr. Salvatore and so many others have given so much to this community for so long they're taken for granted (by some). I appreciate the fact that the Bills are here when it would have been much more profitable to move them. Mr. Salvatore's donation of these tickets to Military, Public Service, and Youth groups shows tremendous generosity. The WNY region is lucky to have people like this we can call neighbors. Ralph and Russell, thank you for all you've done and Merry Christmas.

The epitomy of cheapness - Bills owner Ralph E. Wilson

It's pretty sad when a local restaurant owner has to come to the rescue to ensure Bills fans that they will be able to see the Bills game on the tube on Sunday.

Shame on you Ralph E. Wilson for not giving back to the fans that have loaded your pockets over the years. You have now earned the letter "E" as your middle initial. The "E" of course stands for Ebenizer.

The epitomy of ignorance - TBD poster firstngoal

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

Ralph Wilson is a great and generous man. Ask Kevin Everett how he feels about the millions of dollars Ralph gave to spinal injury research. These people who whine about blackouts disgust me. They expect everything to be given to them. If Bills fans are so awesome then how about buying a ticket? And you wonder why L.A. is targeting the Bills. We look like we don't care.

PTR

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The epitomy of cheapness - Bills owner Ralph E. Wilson

It's pretty sad when a local restaurant owner has to come to the rescue to ensure Bills fans that they will be able to see the Bills game on the tube on Sunday.

Shame on you Ralph E. Wilson for not giving back to the fans that have loaded your pockets over the years. You have now earned the letter "E" as your middle initial. The "E" of course stands for Ebenizer.

Horrible post and shame on you for judging others like that. Wilson has given so much to charity and he has bought tickets in these situations many, many times.

Kudos to Russ Salvatore who beat Ralph to it this year.

I was born in 1960, the same year Ralph Wilson brought the Bills To Buffalo. I bristle a little when I hear people hurling insults at this fine man. Granted he has always run the team with the fiscal responsibility of that sometimes has the fans shaking their heads, IE head coaching hires, but would you rather have a Daniel Snydey or Jerry Jones as our owner? Do you think the fans of the Bills who play in the third poorest city in the country would be able to attend games if Jerry Jones ran this show? Don't forget this is a man who is a great benefactor of the arts, humanities, and medical research, (including millions of dollars donated to head injury research). Ask Kevin Everett if Mr Wilson is a miser!

God bless you Mr Wilson and Merry Christmas.

Thank you, OP! This one's on me. :beer:

OH, well he's donated a bunch of money. OK, that makes everything all better. I'm so glad the Vince Lombardi trophy will now be awarded to the team that has the biggest philanthropist as an owner.

Not the point. The OP was calling him cheap because he did not buy his own product so people can stay home and watch on TV instead of going to the game. Pay attention.

Love it when people make threads like this and then just disappear. firstngoal, congratulations on being the second person on my ignore list :thumbsup:

Like anybody gives a crap if they're on YOUR ignore list. :Look, the poster can't spell but he is clearly frustrated, as many of us are. Ralph IS cheap,period. Perhaps he should have moved this team long ago as the NFL got more and more popular. He could have bought those tickets for cents on the dollar as a Christmas gift to the fans who have been tortured by his unwillingness to produce a FRONT OFFICE staff capable of putting a winner on the field. We have made the playoffs something like 13 times in our miserable existence. Stop kissing the arse of this guy simply because he is wealthy! I guess that is the new "Fox news" attitude to have if you are middle class, which I am guessing most people posting on this board are. Kiss the tail of millionaires because they are rich- and you can HOPE to join them one day (newsflash:YOU will never file a tax return in the top 2% of earners) Ralph can put a winner on the field or leave at this point.Any NFL owner will be wealthy, why accept a miser that gives us losing teams? Be outraged at the OWNER because he pays the Bills, don't thank him for merely doing so. Don't be angry at the poster for his outrage. Tools who think anybody cares if they put YOU on ignore are much greater offenders on this board. To heck with Ralph. I don't blame any fans for not buying tickets to see a team that wipes the field with you consistently late in another lost season. Win or move Ralph, I just don't care at this point. Kudos to Russ Salvatore, a good businessman who understands good publicity and knows it won't truly "cost" his bottom line very much. It would cost Ralph even less.

Like anybody gives a crap if they're on YOUR ignore list. :Look, the poster can't spell but he is clearly frustrated, as many of us are. Ralph IS cheap,period. Perhaps he should have moved this team long ago as the NFL got more and more popular. He could have bought those tickets for cents on the dollar as a Christmas gift to the fans who have been tortured by his unwillingness to produce a FRONT OFFICE staff capable of putting a winner on the field. We have made the playoffs something like 13 times in our miserable existence. Stop kissing the arse of this guy simply because he is wealthy! I guess that is the new "Fox news" attitude to have if you are middle class, which I am guessing most people posting on this board are. Kiss the tail of millionaires because they are rich- and you can HOPE to join them one day (newsflash:YOU will never file a tax return in the top 2% of earners) Ralph can put a winner on the field or leave at this point.Any NFL owner will be wealthy, why accept a miser that gives us losing teams? Be outraged at the OWNER because he pays the Bills, don't thank him for merely doing so. Don't be angry at the poster for his outrage. Tools who think anybody cares if they put YOU on ignore are much greater offenders on this board. To heck with Ralph. I don't blame any fans for not buying tickets to see a team that wipes the field with you consistently late in another lost season. Win or move Ralph, I just don't care at this point. Kudos to Russ Salvatore, a good businessman who understands good publicity and knows it won't truly "cost" his bottom line very much. It would cost Ralph even less.

nice try, but no matter how much sense you make, you'll never get through to 90% of the board...right-leaning sheep that they are.

ooooohhhh....yes thank you mr. wilson....thank you thank you thanks you...

Not the point. The OP was calling him cheap because he did not buy his own product so people can stay home and watch on TV instead of going to the game. Pay attention.

The original post in this thread has totally changed from what it originally was.

nice try, but no matter how much sense you make, you'll never get through to 90% of the board...right-leaning sheep that they are.

ooooohhhh....yes thank you mr. wilson....thank you thank you thanks you...

Thanks, Jester. Original intent or not, it just irks me that so many middle class fans feel we all should genuflect to wealthy folks simply for BEING. FOX news has now permeated sports message boards! These people should be trolling the political boards rather than turning football posts into political statements. I felt I had to fire back. The original poster was not making a statement on capitalism, just on crappy football! Praising Ralph is like praising a movie director who makes awful films, but shoots all of them in OUR hometown. They're OUR lousy movies, dammit! What a joke. He should be paying US to go to these games. Folks have lost touch to how incredibly bad this product is. Every AFC team has at least appeared in the playoffs since the 2000, except our Bills. The Bills make plenty of money every year. If they did not, Ralph would have left years ago. He laughs at how terrible our roster is, yet does ZERO to change the people behind the scenes selecting the players. He may be a good businessman, but he is a terrible NFL owner. The two are not mutually exclusive. You can make money AND win. We as county taxpayers give our hard earned tax dollars to the Bills. We have the RIGHT to demand effort to win.

Thanks, Jester. Original intent or not, it just irks me that so many middle class fans feel we all should genuflect to wealthy folks simply for BEING. FOX news has now permeated sports message boards! These people should be trolling the political boards rather than turning football posts into political statements. I felt I had to fire back. The original poster was not making a statement on capitalism, just on crappy football! Praising Ralph is like praising a movie director who makes awful films, but shoots all of them in OUR hometown. They're OUR lousy movies, dammit! What a joke. He should be paying US to go to these games. Folks have lost touch to how incredibly bad this product is. Every AFC team has at least appeared in the playoffs since the 2000, except our Bills. The Bills make plenty of money every year. If they did not, Ralph would have left years ago. He laughs at how terrible our roster is, yet does ZERO to change the people behind the scenes selecting the players. He may be a good businessman, but he is a terrible NFL owner. The two are not mutually exclusive. You can make money AND win. We as county taxpayers give our hard earned tax dollars to the Bills. We have the RIGHT to demand effort to win.

Ignorant proles of the world unite!!

Hahaha

Well, let me know when the rich people stop persecuting you, mmmkay?

Go blow, Joe. I'm not persecuted now or ever. Nor will I genuflect. But I'll call a d-bag what he is (like you, mmmkay?) and a cheap miser what he is. Rich or not. So speak for yourself, don't ever presume I am or feel persecuted. And don't wait up for me to "let you know". I just believe in calling it like it is.