Does anyone actually think the Bills will beat the Pats*

Dan

The way to play the pats defensively is to scrap any zone coverage. Brady has showed repeatedly he'll eat that up for breakfast,lunch,dinner,bed time snack,while he's sleeping. You get the picture. You play man to man vs their smallish receivers with double coverage on their tight ends, cause thats where the most damage, and their ability to pick up 3rd and medium range conversions will come from. You send pressure up the middle at Brady, and don't enable him to step up cleanly in the pocket. You have to send consistent pressure, and take chances your secondary will occasionally get beat. The guy has shown over the years if you just play coverage he's more than patient enough to dink and dunk you down the entire field all day. You need a big day from the middle of your defense ilb's. Kyle Williams and Poz will absolutely have to have monster games. The packers laid out the blueprint. However I don't expect the bills to measure that kind of defensive success against the Pats. We just don't have the defensive personnel. Our best shot at beating NE, is a steady dose of Fred Jackson. In this case the old adage being the best defense is a good offense. Don't turn the ball over, conservative football keeping the ball out of Brady's hands. It's a test that while i'm sure the Bills will fight they're just not there as a team yet to hang with NE. There's no shame in that. So long as they don't lay down scared. As far as what it would mean to beat the Pats? Getting the proverbial monkey off your back could work wonders for the future. The aura of "Well this game is a loss' will be gone, and everyone can stop hanging their heads in shame, knowing full well we can compete/and or beat all 3 division opponents. One can Hope.... :worthy:

I love the bills as much as anybody, and have found more optimism with worth bills teams against far superior teams. with that said i have a feeling that the bills get slaughtered. 24-42. the pats are spreading the ball well, we have little pass rush/defense in general. running the ball is becoming an issue, and against a stronger offense will be even more important. i was more optimistic about playing ne in ne seeing as billy boy couldnt quite game plan against us with gailey just returning to the league, few games played, and a new qb. with 14 weeks of play i see the pats better prepared than early season. with lee and roscoe gone it will make it easier for the pats d.

side note, our secondary plays better in zone coverage. we have a serious problem with our db's this year since playing more man coverage than years past. we have a bunch of great zone db's and we should float and play the football, and no real shut down players back there.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love it more than anything, but I have no hope. We have found a new awful gut twisting way to lose to these guys every time for 14 straight, and even going back to "just give it to them". Weird sh*t happens. If ever the League were to retroactively change the outcome of a game it would be Pats/Bills. Imagine a Monday morning: "Upon further review... Pats win in decision..." Nothing would surprise me.

Except a Bills win. But boy would I love it.

I would love it more than anything, but I have no hope. We have found a new awful gut twisting way to lose to these guys every time for 14 straight, and even going back to "just give it to them". Weird sh*t happens. If ever the League were to retroactively change the outcome of a game it would be Pats/Bills. Imagine a Monday morning: "Upon further review... Pats win in decision..." Nothing would surprise me.

Except a Bills win. But boy would I love it.

My wife reminded me of that on Monday when she realized we play the Pats* this week! She tried to calm me down proactively, saying you know the refs are going to make bad calls or something... try not to get too mad. The breaks the Pats* get are truly amazing.

Do these young guys actually think they can beat the Patriots*? The Pat* defense is looking less than stellar, but that damn Brady and the offense is playing as well as they ever have. So how can our less than stellar defense stop them?

I want to believe.

Well, you asked two different questions here. Do I think the Bills will beat the stinking Pats*? Nope. And I don't even have a gut feeling they will.

But CAN they? Sure. It could happen. It will surprise me (happily I might add) if they do. But they played them tough the first game when the Bills were a far different team. Of course, the stinking Pats* are playing better lately, too.

I tell you what. I'm not going to be watching the game looking for the Bills to stay close. Like you I want them to win, and expect them to play as if they have nothing to lose. They don't. A win here will do wonders for this team (and the fan base) next year, IMO

While the Patriots are far superior in talent, they were also far superior in talent back in September when, had it not been for two late pics, one in the endzone, we very easily could have won. Also, the Ravens and Steelers are far superior in talent and we were on the brink of beating both of them. I like our chances but, as is the case for all Bills games, I am expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

Well, you asked two different questions here. Do I think the Bills will beat the stinking Pats*? Nope. And I don't even have a gut feeling they will.

But CAN they? Sure. It could happen. It will surprise me (happily I might add) if they do. But they played them tough the first game when the Bills were a far different team. Of course, the stinking Pats* are playing better lately, too.

I tell you what. I'm not going to be watching the game looking for the Bills to stay close. Like you I want them to win, and expect them to play as if they have nothing to lose. They don't. A win here will do wonders for this team (and the fan base) next year, IMO

I can very much agree with that. I don't want them to keep it close, to just be content with being competitive. I want them coming out playing hard and expecting to win. I hope to see some real emotion from them. I'm slowly changing my attitude about this team; that is, I've grown accustomed to just hoping to see them play competitively. But, last week (for example), I expected them to win. I thought they should win. It's been quite a while since I felt that way about a Bills team.

I guess the reason for my original post is.. I just can't feel that way about the Pats* yet. Sure, on any given Sunday... yeah, yeah. But, will they win; do they expect to win? Do we as fans think they will win? I'm finding it hard to go there.

IMO, if they somehow win this game... all bets are off. We finally have a real team. None of this they can't beat good teams stuff. A win and they've proven that no game is out of reach.

IMO, if they somehow win this game... all bets are off. We finally have a real team. None of this they can't beat good teams stuff. A win and they've proven that no game is out of reach.

"They didn't prove anything! They got lucky by knocking Brady out of the game in the 2nd quarter. This was a fluke."

"Their field goal kicker missed two 49 yard attempts. The Bills had that game lost."

The Bills didn't win this game. The Pats* gave it to them. They looked like the Broncos out there today. No way the Bills win if the Pats* play even an average game."

Just getting you ready to read the posts of those who will NEVER agree with your assessment.

"They didn't prove anything! They got lucky by knocking Brady out of the game in the 2nd quarter. This was a fluke."

"Their field goal kicker missed two 49 yard attempts. The Bills had that game lost."

The Bills didn't win this game. The Pats* gave it to them. They looked like the Broncos out there today. No way the Bills win if the Pats* play even an average game."

Just getting you ready to read the posts of those who will NEVER agree with your assessment.

:beer:

You are soooo right! Don't forget those that will lament the loss of another draft spot. But, I say to hell with 'em all. I'll be proud of my team.

While I do hope they do, people keep brining up PIT and BAL, but there is one thing they are all forgetting, neither of those 2 teams have Tom Brady, and until we get much more talent, and or he retires its going to be a uphill battle. But I also see something every week in the NFL I didnt think would happen. I hope the bills winning is one of those things this week.

I really like these players we have, but until they can prove they can stop NE at least once in a while how can I actually think they will now?

It would be such a great Christmas gift to the faithful fans out there, but it takes more faith than I have to believe they can pull it off.

I guess we will see what kind of game plan Edwards and Chan can come up with. Imagine the excuses all the pundits would use to justify NE's collapse

if they did fall behind and our Bills pulled off the upset. NE will try to jump on the Bills early to get the crowd out of it - with the Ralph maxed out

it could really get rockin if we actually had a lead on them.

I still think our defense is a few pieces away... I don't think our linebackers can cover NE's tightends, and until I see someone shutdown Welker...

I also see Woodhead and Green-Ellis picking up downs to keep drives alive once they spread our defense to cover all those receivers.

I have less concerns for our offense and special teams, but they definately cannot afford to turn the ball over...

Our chances of beating the Pats are not that great imo. Do we have a chance? yes we do. There's always a chance. Odds are minimal but this team will give it everything it has to try and win it. I'll be looking for all the positives and progress that can be made from this game. Player improvement, DC improvement too. This will be one hell of a game to watch. My brother and his wifey will be here for Christmas and new years. He's a Pats fan and I'm looking forward to informing him about the new and improving Bills players who will be playing havoc on the patsies for years to come! :D

I predict a Boxing-Day beat-down by BuffTown's Bills...

BILLSSS 38

Cheatriettes* 13

Wesołych Świąt!!! 0:)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :beer:

And just like that, any chance the Bills had is now gone.

A healthy Terrence McGee would help greatly. Need all the backfield experience we can get.

Continued good play from the Young Guns- Moats, Wrotto, Ayodele. CJ kick returning.

Fred Jackson behind Wood and McIntyre .

Lindell must make everything . Whether it's the first quarter or last.

I hate to say it. But Buffalo has to fight the officials too. This is a home field clinch game for beloved New England.

And just like that, any chance the Bills had is now gone.

Hah! You mock me again, but I will have the last laugh when Moats knocks Marcia* Brady* out of the playoffs! B-)

(And again when Gabe Carimi suits up as the Bills LT next season - and your football-season repast of buffalo wings, beef-on-weck, and bourbon is replaced with beef brisket, matzah, and Manischewitz. :beer: )

GO BILLSSS!!!!

6 and 10, baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by The Senator

Hah! You mock me again, but I will have the last laugh when Moats knocks Marcia* Brady* out of the playoffs! B-)

(And again when Gabe Carimi suits up as the Bills LT next season - and your football-season repast of buffalo wings, beef-on-weck, and bourbon is replaced with beef brisket, matzah, and Manischewitz. :beer: )

GO BILLSSS!!!!

6 and 10, baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, il Senatore. I hope you are right about this weekend and I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Carimi in a Bills uni. I just know that your predictions are typically the kiss of death. Why not pick AGAINST the Bills once in a while? Give them a fighting chance, man!

Don't get me wrong, il Senatore. I hope you are right about this weekend and I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Carimi in a Bills uni. I just know that your predictions are typically the kiss of death. Why not pick AGAINST the Bills once in a while? Give them a fighting chance, man!

Because sooner or later he's bound to be right. He's pretty close to being due.