Lesley Frasier should put Favre on ice

NoSaint

at what point is it his job to put brett on the shelf. after seeing him week in and week out say that "most normal people would sit but this is brett" i am getting a little upset that he is putting his own coaching record these last three games above his players long term well being. brett has a concussion, messed up shoulder, and who knows what else - IR him already. why put him out there for meaningless games. its not in bretts best interest, or quite frankly the teams long term best interests (playing time for webb or jackson worth more then a meaningless win).

i just dont want to see brett need a walker and barely be able to read his HOF speech on his own in 5 years

Brett has played for 20 years now and wants to go out there and play the last few games so he can say he did it. Brett should have never came back this year! It drives me nuts to see he retires one week and the other he's playing again. If Brett didn't want to play anymore he would have called it a while back. He's a competitor who wants to go week in week out. I feel it's more Brett than the coach. The season is lost, and if I were coach, then I say put in all the backups now so the vets can rest a little more for next year. I never wish bad on a guy, but if they want to go out with a bang, then it's their choice.

If the choice is between Favre and Webb then he has to play Favre. Webb isn't ready, may never be.

PTR

if its a choice between risking a future hall of famers future well being for nothing, or playing a young guy.... i think hes making a selfish choice not putting him on IR.

Favre telling him he can play means nothing at this point. it seems like a situation where he has to make the choice for the best interest of the player. he was saying today that most players cant come back from a concussion but this is brett favre. that sickens me to hear. a concussion is a brain injury, not a sprained ankle that he can maybe play through. even if the doctors clear him i truly feel he is taking advantage of favres knuckleheaded desire to play if he starts him this week.

He needs to worry about his shameful defense. Good luck keeping the head job or getting another. Guess the Bills job wasn't so bad after all was it Leslie?

Leslie would have jumped at the Bills' job had it been offered to him. He was interviewed and then they hired Chan. Thank God.

Brett has played for 20 years now and wants to go out there and play the last few games so he can say he did it. Brett should have never came back this year! It drives me nuts to see he retires one week and the other he's playing again. If Brett didn't want to play anymore he would have called it a while back. He's a competitor who wants to go week in week out. I feel it's more Brett than the coach. The season is lost, and if I were coach, then I say put in all the backups now so the vets can rest a little more for next year. I never wish bad on a guy, but if they want to go out with a bang, then it's their choice.

If you want your startrers to rest why are the Bills still playing....

If you want your startrers to rest why are the Bills still playing....

:worthy:

I Agree!

It's ok for the Bills to try to win meaningless games, but it's not ok for the Vikings and a coach who does not have anywhere near the job security of Chan Gailey.

No Saint's whole premise of getting the other QBs more time is flawed because he doesn't even know Jackson is on IR. If Jackson was available & able to play, he might have a better case. Webb will never be a starting QB in the NFL.

Based on the see what you have in meaningless games attitude, Brohm should start the last 2 games. Thankfully, even the biggest Brohm supporters haven't said that, although we had to put up with their nonsense for about half the season until Fitzpatrick shut them up.

The ViQueens are punishing Brett for years of arse whippings.

The ViQueens are taking the last few games of the season to try to get Brett killed on the football field.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

It's the whole viking funeral and battle code thing.

It's expected a Valkyrie will come down at the final whistle of the the final game and carrry Brett off to Valhalla --or whatever the name of that little fishing hole of his is . . .

if its a choice between risking a future hall of famers future well being for nothing, or playing a young guy.... i think hes making a selfish choice not putting him on IR.

Favre telling him he can play means nothing at this point. it seems like a situation where he has to make the choice for the best interest of the player. he was saying today that most players cant come back from a concussion but this is brett favre. that sickens me to hear. a concussion is a brain injury, not a sprained ankle that he can maybe play through. even if the doctors clear him i truly feel he is taking advantage of favres knuckleheaded desire to play if he starts him this week.

The NFL has a policy that Favre will have to pass baseline tests before he's cleared medically from a concussion. You make it sound like all he needs is a note from a friendly doctor to go back in there. That is not the case.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8104d786/printable/nfl-continues-to-tackle-concussion-issue-headon

Are you serious? Favre's a grown man who happens to be getting paid $16 million for his services this year. He never even showed up for training camp. If he needs the assistance of a walker in his golden years then that's entirely on him. He shouldn't be made some kind of martyr.

at what point is it his job to put brett on the shelf. after seeing him week in and week out say that "most normal people would sit but this is brett" i am getting a little upset that he is putting his own coaching record these last three games above his players long term well being. brett has a concussion, messed up shoulder, and who knows what else - IR him already. why put him out there for meaningless games. its not in bretts best interest, or quite frankly the teams long term best interests (playing time for webb or jackson worth more then a meaningless win).

i just dont want to see brett need a walker and barely be able to read his HOF speech on his own in 5 years

On the contrary, that would be hilarious to many people if he needed a walker at his HOF speech.