Pink-Slip or Practice Field?

SoggyHog

There is a lot of different opinions on some Bills players out there. So, in the spirit of the upcoming offseason, who you would hand Pink-Slips to and who you would keep around for some more OTA's, mini's, and training camp and why.

Pink-Slip:

McCargo: He's had plenty of time. Wash our hands of his non-productivity.

Brian Brohm: Scared to think what happens if Fitzslinger goes down.

Practice Field:

Maybin: He's only going to be 23 and he's been in 2 different defensive schemes in as many years. Plus, LB is weak for us, we need depth and he's worth another offseason.

George Wilson: Have a feeling he will battle Byrd for top FS.

There is a lot of different opinions on some Bills players out there. So, in the spirit of the upcoming offseason, who you would hand Pink-Slips to and who you would keep around for some more OTA's, mini's, and training camp and why.

Pink-Slip:

Practice Field:

Maybin: He's only going to be 23 and he's been in 2 different defensive schemes in as many years. Plus, LB is weak for us, we need depth and he's worth another offseason.

Why would you cut Brohm unless you really have something better? By all accounts Brohm has at the very least grown in the system. He hasn't played well because he hasn't played. Would you have cut Frank Reich if you never saw him play?

McCargo has definitely run his course here. Time to let him go. I'm willing to give Maybin more time since he already has gotten a ton of guaranteed money from the Bills. Might as well see if the light will ever come on as long as he's not wasting a roster spot. And if McCargo's gone, at least one waste of a roster spot is gone, too.

I like Wilson. That's not very insightful, I just think he's a good guy to have on the team.

Pink-Slip:

Practice Field:

Agree with McCargo getting axed, I don't know about Brohm...I'd cut Maybin, he's got no ass behind him for a center of gravity. I don't think he'll ever be strong enough.

Byrd has the FS job on lockdown, there is no way Wilson supplants him as the starter. Just because George has 2 INT's and Byrd has 0 doesn't mean he's doing a better job. Byrd has been solid but not spectacular this year.

Pink-Slip:

Practice Field:

McCargo i think as others have said has run his coarse it's unfortunate but , at least trade him to try and get something out of the pick as compensation besides him taking up time & space in Buffalo .

Brohm on the other hand you have no clue what the guy has ! With out time on the field no one does if Chan has a while to work with him you never know the guy could be great but until he gets some playing time you just don't know !!!

Maybin Ya !! If he doesn't do well in OTA's & mini camp this year then put him on the practice squad to develop say Danny Batten maybe or another on of Gailey & Nix draft picks or free agents .

George Wilson after what he did last year would last 5 seconds on a practice squad that's just retarded !! The guy has been money & i for one after his play last year can't understand why the guy isn't a starter on this team !! He's bigger than Donte , last year in his first year as a starter because of injuries did better in that one year than Whitner did in any of his previous 3 years & has had in 2 year more interceptions than DW in his whole career . Plus GW was a major part of why our secondary last year was among the top 5 in the league so putting him on a practice squad is just stupid - stupid - STUPID !!!!!!! :doh:

Pink-Slip:

Practice Field:

Bye Bye McCargo . . . (He does do a good job of holding the bench down) :devil:

Pink Slip (aka firing) won't really apply to Wilson, since his contract expires in 14 days. Brohm and McCargo are also done with their contracts. Except I believe that those two are RFAs.

Other contracts ending this season: Ayodele, Corto, Ellison, Florence, Ganther, Martin, Merriman, Posluzny, Stupar, Whitner, Wrotto, Youboty.

So here's my reply to your Q, using the above list:

Practice Field (if this means re-signing): Ayodele for depth. Flo' for the stability. Poz, because the '4' in their 3-4 already needs serious feeding. Stupar, getting the nod over Martin due to upside of youth. Whitner, within certain $$ limits (better left to other threads!). Wrotto, future swing tackle off the bench who will no doubt get a lot of work in an 18 game sched. Wilson, hitting a similar theme; quality relief play at multi. positions in the secondary. Quality character, too. Finally, a tender offer to Brohm.

Pink Slip (if this means not re-signing): Corto, the ST gunner who became an ST liability this season. Ellison, featherweight Tampa-2 depth chart LB that isn't much use to a 34. Martin, purely a warm body at the team's weakest offensive position. McCargo, because he's the Brett Favre of starts on the inactive list. And Ganther, who could get another look in late Spring.

George Wilson, THE SENATOR, will replace donte. McCargo is gone and I wouldn't mind cutting ties with Lee Evans and Stroud to clear up a whole lot of cap space. The $$ doesn't match the production.

This is mentioned in many threads. There is no salary cap in the NFL at this time.

Pink-Slip:

Practice Field:

This is maybe the most bi-polar post of the week. Without a doubt, McCargo's done. I think he's only been active for one game all season, while rookies, free agents and patchwork plug-ins have played. No brainer.

Maybin to practice squad??? He's definitely a candidate for the Pink-Slip. Don't even think he qualifies for the practice squad. What in the world do you see in the guy that you'd keep him around?

George Wilson??? Do you actually watch the games?

Brian Brohm? Why in the world would you pink slip a guy who's been in the Gailey system for a full season as the back-up? That's just nuts. Did you see Flynn's start for GB? Well, I was told this from the highest source on the decision to make him back-up and move Brohm to the practice squad came down to, basically, a coin toss. The Packers didn't see much difference between the two. The key reason was: Flynn's bigger than Brohm. I'm not saying Brohm would have done as good as Flynn or even that he's as good as Flynn. But the Packers thought he was and still do.