We have our QB

coldstorage5

The better question is what teams would rather have Fitz than their current starter.

Cleveland, Carolina, San Fran, Arizona, Miami ... maybe the Jets. That's about it.

Really? You think Seattle wouldn't drop Hasselbeck for Fitz? Washington just benched McNabb. Denver is so desperate that they dropped their former starter down to third string. You think Cincinnati is thrilled with Carson Palmer's play? Tavaris Jackson was so good that the Vikings had to get Brett Favre again.

Fitz is not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. However, he's good enough to get the team to the playoffs. At this point I think that's what you shoot for - take baby steps, don't worry about wining the Super Bowl right now.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you're busting my balls ... but I'd support that move. Giving up a draft for a Franchise QB of the future like Luck would be a huge step forward for this team.

It would be better than what they're going to do. Which is draft another non impact player who will be run out of town after his first contract is up.

Actually, I'm not busting your balls. I would seriously consider that if we got David Harris. To me, we desperately need two LBs, a DL, a RT and a TE as new starters. TE would be nice but not a necessity with this offense and our WRs. The way Moats is playing it's possible we only need one LB as a starter. Troup and Carrington are starting to play better.

Really? You think Seattle wouldn't drop Hasselbeck for Fitz? Washington just benched McNabb. Denver is so desperate that they dropped their former starter down to third string. You think Cincinnati is thrilled with Carson Palmer's play? Tavaris Jackson was so good that the Vikings had to get Brett Favre again.

Fitz is not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. However, he's good enough to get the team to the playoffs. At this point I think that's what you shoot for - take baby steps, don't worry about wining the Super Bowl right now.

Also the raiders are in need of a good qb.

Winning the Super Bowl is all that matters. End of story. If you don't win the Super Bowl, you haven't won anything. I'm sorry, thinking otherwise is a loser mentality. And that's the mentality that has existed at OBD for far too long.

And yes, you're right about Washington, Minny and Seattle.

I'd also add Dallas, Tennessee, Oakland, and Detroit (since Stafford is always injured). Fitz is the Bills' man. Luck hasn't proven anything, may not come out (which would be dumb on his part), and it would take this year's 1st and 2nd plus next years plus the richest rookie contract in history get and sign him. And then hope he's as good as some claim.

Winning the Super Bowl is all that matters. End of story. If you don't win the Super Bowl, you haven't won anything. I'm sorry, thinking otherwise is a loser mentality. And that's the mentality that has existed at OBD for far too long.

Multiple Super Bowl wins is what's needed by this franchise. MULTIPLE. We need to build a long term contender. Winning one Super Bowl would be Great. But I hope I won't be the only one here satisfied with just one.

Yeah, the whole Kelly era was a huge downer and a collossal waste of time. When all is said and done, they accomplished NOTHING. What a collection of losers!

Yeah, the whole Kelly era was a huge downer and a collossal waste of time. When all is said and done, they accomplished NOTHING. What a collection of losers!

They're not losers in my book. I proudly tell my friends that the Bills were the ONLY team to go to 4 Super Bowls in a row. Sure they should have won some of them if not all. But simply going to 4 in a row is a feat that might never be replicated. Ever.

With our new crop of guys and our new coach maybe we can win one or even more.

Go Bills!!!

They're not losers in my book. I proudly tell my friends that the Bills were the ONLY team to go to 4 Super Bowls in a row. Sure they should have won some of them if not all. But simply going to 4 in a row is a feat that might never be replicated. Ever.

Go Bills!!!

Finknottle was being sarcastic. And the only game they should have won is the Giants game. The Redskins were unbeatable that year and Dallas was a powerhouse.

Honestly, Fitz is not very good. I think Bills fans are blinded to what a good QB actually is.

Well, the Bills made sure Luck was not in consideration, I hope all you Fitz fans will be happy with more mediocre NFL football, because that's what you're going to get out of him.

Go Bills!!!

Sure, they're definitely not losers. But they ain't winners either. Any one of them would trade away all the other AFC titles for one super bowl ring. Without hesitation.

They don't play for second place.

And yet that's not what anyone was suggesting. What I am saying is that this team is far more than one or two players away from competing for the Super Bowl. If this team wants to get to the playoffs (which should be the primary goal of this group given the holes they have), they need to start plugging holes like LB, DE, and OL. Incremental improvements at the QB position (which is what Luck would be 3 years after he enters the league) is not going to put you on the track to make the playoffs given the other holes.

And yes, I am a Yankee fan, and consider anything short of a World Series win a failure. The Yankees are a much different team than the Bills and as such the strategy and goals are different.

Yup. We have a QB that will lead the Bills to 8-8 for years to come.

Awesome.

I understand. I have felt that way for awhile, but now think that he can get the job done, and that they really need to get some impact defensive players. If they could pick Andrew Luck I would love it, but that's not gonna happen. A top flight D-lineman and linebacker would make this team dangerous. They need both, and another above average O-lineman. Just get the talent level up. With the longer schedule, depth is going to become ALOT more important too.

And yet that's not what anyone was suggesting. What I am saying is that this team is far more than one or two players away from competing for the Super Bowl. If this team wants to get to the playoffs (which should be the primary goal of this group given the holes they have), they need to start plugging holes like LB, DE, and OL. Incremental improvements at the QB position (which is what Luck would be 3 years after he enters the league) is not going to put you on the track to make the playoffs given the other holes.

And yes, I am a Yankee fan, and consider anything short of a World Series win a failure. The Yankees are a much different team than the Bills and as such the strategy and goals are different.

Why should they be? It's professional SPORTS. The entire point is to win a championship every year. No team shows up to get second place. Thinking small leads to being small. It's true in life as it is in sports.

We've done enough of that.

Finknottle was being sarcastic. And the only game they should have won is the Giants game. The Redskins were unbeatable that year and Dallas was a powerhouse.

Alrighty, the net isn't conducive to gauging sarcasm without hearing the inflection in the voice. Good sarcasm is cool tho.

Go Bills!!!

He's right though. The only reason you play is to (eventually) win the Super Bowl. That's the point of professional sports, to win it all. I would not want any player on my team, especially at the most important position, if I didn't think I could WIN a Super Bowl with that player. Tgreg is a smart football fan, and he thinks you cannot win the whole thing with a guy like Fitz. I don't agree but I understand it. For me, I never have and would never want Chad Pennington to be my QB because I thought he could only take you so far. He can scratch and fight and slowball a team to 11-5, which he did, but he had deficiencies in his game that made me believe he could never and would never win it all. So why have him (there is a case to be made for players like that as a bridge while you build a team)? That's what Tgreg thinks about Fitz.

I'd also add Dallas, Tennessee, Oakland, and Detroit (since Stafford is always injured). Fitz is the Bills' man. Luck hasn't proven anything, may not come out (which would be dumb on his part), and it would take this year's 1st and 2nd plus next years plus the richest rookie contract in history get and sign him. And then hope he's as good as some claim.

Maybe KC and Tampa also. That's over half the teams in the NFL.

Clearly tgreg is correct that Fitz is horrible. :w00t:

He's right though. The only reason you play is to (eventually) win the Super Bowl. That's the point of professional sports, to win it all. I would not want any player on my team, especially at the most important position, if I didn't think I could WIN a Super Bowl with that player. Tgreg is a smart football fan, and he thinks you cannot win the whole thing with a guy like Fitz. I don't agree but I understand it. For me, I never have and would never want Chad Pennington to be my QB because I thought he could only take you so far. He can scratch and fight and slowball a team to 11-5, which he did, but he had deficiencies in his game that made me believe he could never and would never win it all. So why have him (there is a case to be made for players like that as a bridge while you build a team)? That's what Tgreg thinks about Fitz.

I see Tgreg's point of view. I don't agree with it but I see where he's coming from. If this team can build a quality D and get a good TE then as another poster said we're "in business"