Anybody feel like owning up...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of the dozens of folks around here who were insisting that the team would go winless this season after starting 0-8? I don't remember any specific names, but I can't count the amount of times I saw, "Look at the schedule and tell me which game they're going to win".

I, for one, am a proud fan of the 4-10 BUFFALO BILLS...I say bring on 2011. We'll be ready.

Not to pat myself too much on the back, but this is what I wrote after Patriot game. Now, a little off on the wins since then, me saying we would go 6-6 over the last 12...but with a few breaks they could have been over .500 as well/

I am not quite sure how to post to a specific post, you may have to scroll a bit down to get to my post.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/120510-as-a-long-time-season-ticket-holder-and-for-the-first-time-ever/page__hl__%2Bdungy+%2Bsapp__st__20

And I think, don't know, the have been at least .750 ATS the spread since then as well

Edited by plenzmd1

Bills have a pretty good GM.....Nix. Three undrafted free agents, and one 7th Round Draft Choice played as good or better than average. Fitz is our QB, and Moats is a coming star. None of this could happen with the previous leadership...(dating back to the end of the Kelly era). Nelson is a pro-bowl talent, and I think he will surpass Stevie Johnson. Size, hands, intelligence, and effort are all there in abundance. Moats is a potential Pro-Bowl Linebacker (a sixth round steal), and we already have a Defensive Backfield that is returning to it's previous standard.

The dark days of learning a new system are coming to an end, and emerging from that effort is a team of hungry young players ready to fight for each other. There are still more good players on IR that are going to add to the strength of the coming season next year. Add one more draft to the experience we gained, and the talent we acquired, and the beginning of the next great era of Bills Football will be ready to take its place with the best teams of our past.

Chan Gailey is putting the all the parts in place, and one at a time the new players emerge when they are ready to play. This could turn out to be our best team since Lou Saban era.

As one of the dozens of folks around here who were insisting that the team would go winless this season after starting 0-8? I don't remember any specific names, but I can't count the amount of times I saw, "Look at the schedule and tell me which game they're going to win".

I, for one, am a proud fan of the 4-10 BUFFALO BILLS...I say bring on 2011. We'll be ready.

The team has exceeded my expectations for sure. At the start of the season I was thinking 3-13. I think we have a shot at 5-11. Don't see us beating the Pats, but you never know; Cleveland knocked them off earlier in the season. Go Bills!

I'll own up. I predicted before the season that TE would be benched before game four & replaced by Brohm...& that Fitz would be cut because of his innacuracy...so I was half right. He's accurate enough to suit me. Right now, there's only a very small handful of QB's I would trade Fitz for straight up. I believe we've turned this thing around & the curse is officially lifted. And to Harvey's post about playing Brohm now over acquiring continuity & learning how to win...man...what are you smoking dude? ... And to LV-Bills...granted, we haven't beaten a powerhouse, but hey, don't forget about the Baltimore & Pittsbugh games...oh so close. Let's get a few more studs around Fitz & we're playoff bound next year!

I thought q nine win season was not out of the question, but was horrified with the team before the break. I am MORE than impressed with play since the break. I think a win against the Jets would be a real statement going into next year and bloodying Tom Brady's nose would make my off season terrific!

What do you think is left to find in Newton's background check beyond theft. academic fraud and theft, and bribery/extortion?

What you will find in an updated background check is that the past doesn't necessarily reflect the present or the future. Previously stumbling doesn't mean that you can't later stand tall. Looking extensively into his past doesn't mean that he shouldn't also be intensively scrutinized for what he is doing now from a character standpoint.

One thing I wanted to bring up was I am reading here allot of people saying that Fitz is a stop gap, which maybe true, it is hard to say, this is uncharted teritory for him at the moment. One thing I was thinking about is about a decade ago I remember thinking this brady guy was an ok QB that could manage the game given the right circumstances. Not saying that is Fitz, but with this really being his first taste of winning as a QB in this league nobody can tell the future. What I do know is that he has earned the right to keep his job, if a better option comes along then so be it, but he is NOT the problem on this team, if anything he is the one elevating the team at the moment not the other way around.

i was convinced we'd be 1-15. i'm happy as hell to be wrong! i am relentlessly pessimistic about this team, but i feel like it's for good reason.

we're still a long way from being "good," though...

Interesting thread.

As a fan, I was initially mad that we won the first game. I was frustrated because I was convinced that ONLY if we picked #1 or #2 overall would we have any change of striking a big draft pick (then I realized that if Modrak is scouting, it won't matter where we pick our 1st 3-5 picks...they will be terrible).

But ever since the bye, the Bills have become a really solid team, and with the exception of the MN game, have been in every one to the end. They are much more entertaining, and you can see how this team is learning.

There is real progress- something that has been promised under 3 prior regimes, but never came to fruition.

When we won the 2nd game, I settled down. I enjoy watching this team again. I don't expect anything. It's fun.

I don't care about draft position anymore.

Nix/ Gailey/ Whaley are turning it around.

Now if we could only lose Modrak....

We'll find that out next week, won't we? As I recall, they competed with them earlier in the season. And while they're really rolling right now, I really think the Bills can compete with anyone right now. Not to say this game was a masterpiece, but they played according to their game plan--shut down the run and force Chad Henne to pass. It just so happened that Henne got hot today, but the situational game-planning really is impressive so far.

Unfortunately, Pats will likely hammer Bills Sunday at the Ralph. Hard to imagine it going any other way, barring an injury to Brady, horrible weather and/or a bunch of turnovers going our way.

I predicted 3-13 so the Bills are ahead of where I had them - The thing I feel most wrong about is Fitz who I thought would be only an OK backup, I'm glad he's a lot better than that.

I predicted the same. Yeah. Fitz def has come on better than I thought he would.

Ditto on Fitz - and apologies to The Amish Rifle. I had him at 3rd string, behind Brohm and Brown. (Was right about Fanning-Fan, though, and we still have no idea how good - or bad - Brian Brohm might be.)

Most definitely knew this team was better than 0-16, or 2-14, or even 6-10 - if only Gailey hadn't effed up early on with the QB choice.

Edited by The Senator

Unfortunately, Pats will likely hammer Bills Sunday at the Ralph. Hard to imagine it going any other way, barring an injury to Brady, horrible weather and/or a bunch of turnovers going our way.

Patriots kill people in bad weather..we have a better shot with it being 35 and Sunny, Patriots are 10-0 in snow games with Brady

Ditto on Fitz - and apologies to The Amish Rifle. I had him at 3rd string, behind Brohm and Brown. (Was right about Fanning-Fan, though, and we still have no idea how good - or bad - Brian Brohm might be.)

Most definitely knew this team was better than 0-16, or 2-14, or even 6-10 - if only Gailey hadn't effed up early on with the QB choice.

I guess he just had to see for himself what most of us on this board already knew...that TE is a great QB...in practice only... that when real bullets were flying, he turned into blond diva in a mini skirt. Let's at least give Chan credit for two things: (1) That he only waited two games, & (2) That he ran him out of Dodge instead of just benching him.

Heading into the season, I predicted that they would go 5-11. The outcome (in terms of W/L) for each game has been pretty close to what I predicted. I had them winning the opener against Miami but losing on the road to the Dolphins and beating the Jags at home, but I have, otherwise, been correct with my preseason predictions. Now, at the midway point, when they were 0-8, I was fearful that if they didn't somehow get the monkey off their backs that that they had a chance to go winless. However, remember that their last three losses in that 0-8 stretch were all games against division leaders that were decided by 3 points -- and 2 of those games had gone into overtime. So you could tell that they were getting better, and I had a good feeling that they would eventually win a game. Also, when I made those preseason predictions, I presumed that a 5-11 record would be representative of what kind of team they would be; I did not expect them to be nearly as competitive against strong teams. Even if they lose their last two, I believe that this year's 4-12 squad is superior to the team that went 6-10 last season.

I wasn't expecting 4 wins after starting 0-8.

But... look at who the 4 wins came against.

Detroit 4-10

Cincinnati 3-11

Cleveland 5-9

Miami 7-7

Combined record: 19-37

When we start beating winning teams, I'll start getting more excited. This is a good first step though, beat bad teams, and beat a mediocre team... now lets win these last two games and go into next season with momentum. :)

I guess he just had to see for himself what most of us on this board already knew...that TE is a great QB...in practice only... that when real bullets were flying, he turned into blond diva in a mini skirt. Let's at least give Chan credit for two things: (1) That he only waited two games, & (2) That he ran him out of Dodge instead of just benching him.

Agreed. Remember, Chan was even able to make a decent QB out of Kordell Stewart for awhile there. I honestly believe that he was confident enough in his own abilities as a tactician to believe that he could "fix" Trent. He took that as a challenge -- but after two weeks realized that Trent was a hopeless cause.

I wasn't expecting 4 wins after starting 0-8.

But... look at who the 4 wins came against.

Detroit 4-10

Cincinnati 3-11

Cleveland 5-9

Miami 7-7

Combined record: 19-37

When we start beating winning teams, I'll start getting more excited. This is a good first step though, beat bad teams, and beat a mediocre team... now lets win these last two games and go into next season with momentum. :)

Miami was a winning team (7-6) when the Bills played them. In fact, they were coming off a victory against the Jets.

Agreed. Remember, Chan was even able to make a decent QB out of Kordell Stewart for awhile there. I honestly believe that he was confident enough in his own abilities as a tactician to believe that he could "fix" Trent. He took that as a challenge -- but after two weeks realized that Trent was a hopeless cause.

Miami was a winning team (7-6) when the Bills played them. In fact, they were coming off a victory against the Jets.

7-6 is a winning record, correct. :)

Still don't consider them a team that is "good".