(OT) Holy crap

daquixers

How did it go from $3000 to $3700 down?  :D

156311[/snapback]

The AD said $3,000 down but when I finally went down and got everything straight it was up to $3,700 ... still not bad though.

Yes - its a lease.

Guys. Im serious. Check it out for yourself. Who cant afford $50 a month?

Nope. Just checked guys.

$3,700 down

48 months

$49.99 / month

Amazing. Absolutely Amazing.

156304[/snapback]

There's a catch. The lowest tier Chevy Malibu has a list MSRP of right at $20,000. This deal isn't even one third of that. This is either a lease or there's a massive balloon payment tacked on at the end.

The AD said $3,000 down but when I finally went down and got everything straight it was up to $3,700 ... still not bad though.

Yes - its a lease.

156314[/snapback]

I've never considered a lease, so I don't know all what kinds of catches to look for. I would definitely check the mileage allowed limits and buyback parameters. I know I've heard of some bad deals regarding those, anyway.

Yes - its a lease.

156314[/snapback]

Its actually about $127 per month. You should also factor the $3,700 into the equation. That said, even $127/month for the right to drive a new vehicle for four years is a pretty good deal. The lack of warranty coverage in that last year might scare me away, though.

A 48 month lease? Go ahead and piss your money away if you so choose. NEVER lease a car for more than 36-39 months. That and that 3700 bucks is GONE, all that does is put the money up front to lower your monthly payments. You'd be better off paying no money down and paying higher monthly payments since you wont be owning the car. (If you Rosen the car, the down payment is GONE)

Check it our for yourself guys.

Here is basicaly the FINALIZED deal that we are getting:

Chevy Malibu 2004

$3,700

2 (or 3) yrs

$49 a month

I believe there is also a 4 and 5 years deal --- 5 years - yuck.

But here is the great thing. My GM card is paying $3,000 of the down payment due to my agreement with them. So when you factor in my downpayment with the regular payment I am only paying $88 / month for a new car.

A 48 month lease?    Go ahead and piss your money away if you so choose.     NEVER lease a car for more than 36-39 months.    That and that 3700 bucks is GONE, all that does is put the money up front to lower your monthly payments.   You'd be better off paying no money down and paying higher monthly payments since you wont be owning the car.   (If you Rosen the car, the down payment is GONE)

156322[/snapback]

Read my post below - I am taking it for 2 years and $3,000 of the $3,700 I am not paying.

They have to had been told to get rid of these for these prices.

I'd never go lease...........having said that I am seriously considering it this time around. People say, llike this guy with the Malibu, he's paying like $125/ month and has nothing to show for it, flushing his money. If you buy it, you're paying probably double that, and it is depreciating $125/ month. What's the difference? Either way you are out $125 each month

I guess GM sales were way off in Nov and they are really going to push incentives the next 2-3 weeks until year end

Here's the deal I have in front of me right now, so I'll take advice cause I'm not sure here what is the right way to go. My son works at a Pontiac dealership so I qualify for GM employees discount.

I was looking at getting a new second car and love this 02 Gran Prix SE they gave me to test drive for 4 days. More car than I need for a 2nd car though. They have it really marked down at $9750 and that's it. I thought I drive it for 4 years and sell it for $4000. So it costs me like $150/month with finance costs, and of course there will be some repairs to boost that up.

Option "B" is a 05 Gran Prix lease. $2400 down, 24 months, $75/month. So that's like $175/ month. That's a new car too!!! Like I said in my earlier post, I never liked leasing, but this isn't bad. But that's also if I get that employee discount. I also don't know what the exit costs are if I don't buy it 2 yrs from now

Lastly, I have a van 2 yrs old, paying $350/month/5 yrs, on it as I financed the whole thing. Got all the cash back rebates and negotiated 2.5% rate. But if I went with the Gran Prix lease, I can have 2 cars for the cost of the one I pay today

So give me your thoughts................

So give me your thoughts................

156399[/snapback]

I also get the GM discount.... When the time came I bought a Honda.

Not even deep discounts would make me buy a GM again. I know they keep wooing me back with their lack of style, cheap interiors, and shoddy workmanship, but I vowed never again to lay down my money for one. Life's too short.

I also get the GM discount....  When the time came I bought a Honda. 

Not even deep discounts would make me buy a GM again.  I know they keep wooing me back with their lack of style, cheap interiors, and shoddy workmanship, but I vowed never again to lay down my money for one.  Life's too short.

156417[/snapback]

I'm with you. I like my Silverado but the next time around I'll entertain a foriegn pickup for the first time. The difference in quality between the Nissan Xterra my wife currently drives and the domestic vehicles we've had in the past is amazing. It's like they're made on different planets.