Transformers 3 Teaser

Mark Vader

Ok, I realize we are speaking of a movie about huge, transforming robots from space, but something I find confusing about that trailer:

They're on the moon, it's 1969. Armstrong says, "we're definitely not alone".

Didn't they build the Hoover Dam around Megatron in the 1930's? Didn't they already know about the transformers then, or did NASA and the other government agency not know about the NB1 project?

Ah, I liked it anyway...

Ok, I realize we are speaking of a movie about huge, transforming robots from space, but something I find confusing about that trailer:

They're on the moon, it's 1969. Armstrong says, "we're definitely not alone".

Didn't they build the Hoover Dam around Megatron in the 1930's? Didn't they already know about the transformers then, or did NASA and the other government agency not know about the NB1 project?

Ah, I liked it anyway...

Don't worry. Bay will distract you from those thoughts with a ton of explosions and crappy jokes.

Ha! Forgot to add that he actually made it through an entire three minute trailer with not one explosion or spinning camera...

The zoom in on the eye seems like a variation of the spinning camera. I'm sure he's got a million more variations up his sleeve.

Wow! A sequel to a sequel of a movie based on a cartoon that was based on a line of toys! AND directed by Michael Bay!

Garbage in, garbage out.

Agree on Michael Bay. As a big Transformers fan, I went into the series with an open mind, even though Bay did'nt exactly inspire confidence. The first film was pretty good, and the second was awful. They both have fantastic special effects, but there are a bunch of characters that make me want to :sick: .

As a fan I want a Transformers movie that gives us more robots and less humans. Of course I will be foolish enough to see this third film, I guess I'm a sucker for punishment. After all I'm a Bills fan too.

I do know there is hope. As we all know everything in Hollywood gets re-made. So in about 20-30 years, someone who actually cares about Transformers, and does'nt think the fans are idiotic enough to find Spike's mother to be a funny character, will eventually take over and remake the Transformers series and give it the respect it deserves. Christopher Nolan has done this with the Batman franchise, and J.J. Abrams is doing it so far with the Star Trek franchise.

As for the "Garbage in, garbage out." comment you made. You can say that about Michael Bay, but c'mon you can't say that about Transformers. Especially when you get stuff like this.....

Edited by MarkVaderr50

As for the "Garbage in, garbage out." comment you made. You can say that about Michael Bay, but c'mon you can't say that about Transformers. Especially when you get stuff like this.....

youtube.com/watch?v=rcHOM_465Vw&feature=related

:lol:

What's with the cheesy background music?

:lol:

What's with the cheesy background music?

It was the 80's. At least this movie has a song in the background. Unlike today when songs are only played in the end credits, and yet they still get nominated and win Oscars.

Also, don't refer to Stan Bush as cheesy.

It was the 80's. At least this movie has a song in the background. Unlike today when songs are only played in the end credits, and yet they still get nominated and win Oscars.

youtube.com/watch?v=COYRxf13tIg

Why would a song in the background w/lyrics, at the same time dialogue is occurring in the scene be a good thing? It is superfluous and distracting. Not to mention uber cheesy.

I still hate Hot Rod for that one.

Just for the hell of it I Googled "Sam Bush cheesy" (without the quotes). It looks like "cheesy" is a very popular way to describe Sam and/or his music.

Agree on Michael Bay. As a big Transformers fan, I went into the series with an open mind, even though Bay did'nt exactly inspire confidence. The first film was pretty good, and the second was awful. They both have fantastic special effects, but there are a bunch of characters that make me want to :sick: .

As a fan I want a Transformers movie that gives us more robots and less humans. Of course I will be foolish enough to see this third film, I guess I'm a sucker for punishment. After all I'm a Bills fan too.

I do know there is hope. As we all know everything in Hollywood gets re-made. So in about 20-30 years, someone who actually cares about Transformers, and does'nt think the fans are idiotic enough to find Spike's mother to be a funny character, will eventually take over and remake the Transformers series and give it the respect it deserves. Christopher Nolan has done this with the Batman franchise, and J.J. Abrams is doing it so far with the Star Trek franchise.

I remember being 5 watching this scene in the theatre with my uncle's new girlfriend (she was taking me to see it as a way of sucking up to the family) and crying my eyes out...she had no idea how to react but I remember her buying me every candy bar she could to get me to feel better! She's now still my favorite aunt and we laugh about that story to this day!

I remember being 5 watching this scene in the theatre with my uncle's new girlfriend (she was taking me to see it as a way of sucking up to the family) and crying my eyes out...she had no idea how to react but I remember her buying me every candy bar she could to get me to feel better! She's now still my favorite aunt and we laugh about that story to this day!

I think I cried earlier today when I watched that clip. :lol:

Why would a song in the background w/lyrics, at the same time dialogue is occurring in the scene be a good thing? It is superfluous and distracting. Not to mention uber cheesy.

Say and feel what you will. However, I can guarantee you that if you were to play this song to anyone, they would know what the song's name is, what movie it is from, and which scene it takes place.