VIDEO OF STEVE'S TD DROP ON HOME PAGE

coseybedaman

I dont know about everyone else on the board, but I have to say that is pretty disrespectful. Everyone knows what happened, I dont think it needs to be advertised with the you tube video on the front page. The guy is having a very good year. He does drop some balls, and he may or may not be the future in Buffalo, but he is still a man. I am sure he is hurting enough. We were 2-8 anyway. Its not like he ruined our playoff hopes.

Oftentimes parents complain when the name of their kid is published in the newspaper after they, say, make a costly error or miss a potential game-winning free-throw. This isn't one of those times.

It's OK. He's a professional athlete.

Its disrespectful to the player, and his family. How do we know he does not frequently visit fan sites?? We dont! I understand that he is a professional athlete, and if yahoo or nfl.com is going to post the video that is fine with me. To put it on the front page of a Buffalo Bills fan site to me is in bad taste. What is the point of it? To advertise the horrible play? Such a tacky and tasteless move in my book. Why not put the Freddy J touchdown catch, or any of Fitzpatrick's great plays from the game. I'm just saying if you cant get love from your own team's fan page then where the heck can you get it. Certainly, not on dolphins.com

Its disrespectful to the player, and his family. How do we know he does not frequently visit fan sites?? We dont! I understand that he is a professional athlete, and if yahoo or nfl.com is going to post the video that is fine with me. To put it on the front page of a Buffalo Bills fan site to me is in bad taste. What is the point of it? To advertise the horrible play? Such a tacky and tasteless move in my book. Why not put the Freddy J touchdown catch, or any of Fitzpatrick's great plays from the game. I'm just saying if you cant get love from your own team's fan page then where the heck can you get it. Certainly, not on dolphins.com

Seriously?

Should I hide the score from you too? What about the articles that discuss the play? Should we delete them? What about the message board? I could scour the board and see if anyone mentioned Johnson's play (I don't think anyone has, but you never know) and forbid those posts.

How far should I go to protect you and the Buffalo Bills from unpleasantness?

I don't find it disrespectful, but I do think whether or not it should be on the homepage of the site is absolutely debatable. One one hand, it is pretty big event that happened in a Bills game and should be highlighted. On the other hand, as a fan I'm kinda sick of seeing it on there. It's a reminder of how bad that play was. I could do w/o it.

I don't find it disrespectful, but I do think whether or not it should be on the homepage of the site is absolutely debatable. One one hand, it is pretty big event that happened in a Bills game and should be highlighted. On the other hand, as a fan I'm kinda sick of seeing it on there. It's a reminder of how bad that play was. I could do w/o it.

So, what you are saying is you want to volunteer to update the videos on the front page every day?

Really?

Is anyone being disrespectful here? The title in all caps was a bit much, but I can't say that I didn't think the same thing for a moment. On a fan board, I hope to get reminded of the good stuff. Even if that's only a field goal from a game where we get blown out 51-3.

No one is saying they aren't appreciative.

Edited by Derek in Va

No! What I'm saying here is that we are all Bills fans here. As painful as that may be why have a running video of the single worst play of the season. That makes no sense. When other teams fans come on the board and see that video right on the front page it makes us look pathetic. All I can say is I certainly do not think we would go to Colts.com and see one of Peyton Manning's interceptions this week being highlighted on the front page. Call me crazy

So, what you are saying is you want to volunteer to update the videos on the front page every day?

Nope. I wasn't saying that the videos should be changed out regularly or comment on the good work of people who contribute to making this site great. I'm just saying that, as a fan and someone who frequents the site, it's depressing to see the video up there. Like a picture of an ex girlfriend hanging up in your locker, it's easier to get over her if you just take the picture down and not have to look at it. That sort of thing.

Seriously?

Should I hide the score from you too? What about the articles that discuss the play? Should we delete them? What about the message board? I could scour the board and see if anyone mentioned Johnson's play (I don't think anyone has, but you never know) and forbid those posts.

How far should I go to protect you and the Buffalo Bills from unpleasantness?

:thumbsup: Its the defining play of the game.

No! What I'm saying here is that we are all Bills fans here. As painful as that may be why have a running video of the single worst play of the season. That makes no sense. When other teams fans come on the board and see that video right on the front page it makes us look pathetic. All I can say is I certainly do not think we would go to Colts.com and see one of Peyton Manning's interceptions this week being highlighted on the front page. Call me crazy

Really? I think people whining about video on the home page and wanting to stick their heads in the sand and only see good plays and only hear good things from the media does a much better job of making Buffalo fans look pathetic.

Why not pick on Leodis McKelvin when he TRIPPED over Moats???

Here's what is in print in the Buffalo News.

Leodis McKelvin fielded a kickoff with 97 yards between him and an overtime victory for the Buffalo Bills. By the time he got to midfield, he had just one man to beat.

Unfortunately for McKelvin, the last man got him. Even worse, it was his own teammate.

So WHY pick on Stevie Johnson for the dropped pass on FIRST DOWN? The Bills had 2/3 more downs position themselves to kick a FG.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever