Statistics on Dropped Balls

Yep. Just like McDaniels picked up that bad habit from Belichick. ;)

haha! apropos of nothing--as usual! But hey, I'll bite: maybe he did, except BB never taped a walk through. Also, aren't such tapes supposed to give you an insurmountable advantage? Like 3 time SB winning advantage?

Then don't tempt it by bringing it up?

It was a preemptive strike.

If someone actually looks at the dropped pass list, The first thought could be, hmmm, Stevie only had 2 drops all season besides the Steelers game, then the second thought could be, Holy CRAP Freddy Jackson has 6 drops I have to go start a thread about this.

please don't

haha! apropos of nothing--as usual! But hey, I'll bite: maybe he did, except BB never taped a walk through. Also, aren't such tapes supposed to give you an insurmountable advantage? Like 3 time SB winning advantage?

Figures you'd miss the point. Blaming TO for Steve's drops and antics is about as silly as blaming Belichick for McDaniels' employee cheating, or blaming God. But to answer your question, McDaniels allegedly never watched the tape.

Edited by Doc

Figures you'd miss the point. Blaming TO for Steve's drops and antics is about as silly as blaming Belichick for McDaniels' employee cheating, or blaming God. But to answer your question, McDaniels allegedly never watched the tape.

I never said McDaniels learned anything form BB. You claimed SJ learned things from sitting behind TO on the bench.

He told his guys to go film the walk through ("like BB") but didn't watch the film??

hahahahahahaha---he learn that from BB? Hey, BB never looked at the films!! A new angle!

Endless mirth...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dropped+passes+NFL

Lets not have a Fred Jackson has 6 dropped passes thread.

3 or 4 of those during the Trent games when he was too anxious to dump off the ball.

As someone who thoroughly enjoys the injection of snark at any opportunity, LMGTFY is far more effective when it actually produces something that resembles an answer to somebody's dumb question.

In this case, the question itself wasn't even that dumb.

As someone who thoroughly enjoys the injection of snark at any opportunity, LMGTFY is far more effective when it actually produces something that resembles an answer to somebody's dumb question.

Other people seemed to have no problems with the LMGTFY link.

I know it may be difficult to Click on the first link.

But try this one for the especially challenged:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Dropped+pass+NFL&l=1

I never said McDaniels learned anything form BB. You claimed SJ learned things from sitting behind TO on the bench.

He told his guys to go film the walk through ("like BB") but didn't watch the film??

hahahahahahaha---he learn that from BB? Hey, BB never looked at the films!! A new angle!

Endless mirth...

Of course you never said McDaniels learned to cheat from BB. Hell you still think that "everyone did it" and that illegally videotaping didn't help him and was just out of habit (I guess McDaniels never got that memo). I was just analogizing the SJ-TO farce to your other crusade.

No I don't believe McDaniels never watched it, but apparently Goodell bought it. I guess McDaniels learned something else from BB: how to lie.

And again, Rappin' Stevie Stylez didn't learn to bring attention to himself, much less drop 5 passes including the game winner, from TO. That's just silly.

Edited by Doc

Hey, it's all good!

That first hit is a boss NFL stats site and didn't turn up with slightly different search words and order.

Check out the QB statistics. Scroll down to the bottom - gives a breakdown for why passes were incomplete

Bradford:

Bradford stats linky

Sanchez:

Sanchez stats linky

Fitz:

Fitz stats linky

Very interesting! Haven't seen this kind of breakdown before. Glad to have the site.

Looks like Fitzy could indeed improve on the "poor throw" department but he's got well-regarded company.

Thanks for the kind word on "not even that dumb" question.

I kinda like to answer straight myself, but that might be 'cuz I figure if I snark enough, sooner or later I'll look silly

Which some might think LMGTFY which mostly hits news articles and cobweb answers is kinda edging

As for the prepubescent response elsewhere - here's a little moon shot for ya, dude. Enjoy

Moon!

In terms of the breakdown of the incomplete throws there are some other categories hidden in the "bad throw" group. "Receiver runs wrong route," " QB makes a throw to avoid a sack," "QB makes a throw to stop the clock" (maybe this is the category "other")

QB rating does little to reward the 3rd and long comnversion rate. Trent's strategy of throwing short, completing the pass or maybe taking a sack on third and long is much more QB passer rating friendly. Taking a chance and throwing the ball 17 yards down the field on 3rd and 15 is not good for the completion%.