Pro Football Focus: Kyle Williams deserves Defensive Player of the Yea

Big Turk

Pro Football Focus in their review of the Steelers game said Kyle Williams got the highest grade ever by a large margin for a defensive tackle. He got a +12.6 grade and they said if he wasn't on your list for defensive player of the year candidates, he had better be now.

Wow...Williams obviously is getting a lot of notice by the scouts and game charters delving into the the individual plays in each game and rightfully so...the dude is simply becoming a one man wrecking crew...

Pro Football Focus Week 12 Review

Edited by matter2003

Pro Football Focus in their review of the Steelers game said Kyle Williams got the highest grade ever by a large margin for a defensive tackle. He got a +12.6 grade and they said if he wasn't on your list for defensive player of the year candidates, he had better be now.

Wow...Williams obviously is getting a lot of notice by the scouts and game charters delving into the the individual plays in each game and rightfully so...the dude is simply becoming a one man wrecking crew...

Pro Football Focus Week 12 Review

Websites like this and football outsiders are interesting to look at but they are some what misguided. Stats can only tell you so much about a football team. Stats can't measure chemistry and heart.

That said, KW is a flat out beast right now. You don't need stats to measure that. That's why I hope we continue to use a 3-4/ 4-3 hybrid. Just draft good football players and make your system fit them.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but is this guy on the juice or something? I know he's been a very active and aggressive player up until now, but it just seems like his game has really jumped to a new level this season.

Defensive player of the year? WTF??? :doh:

Websites like this and football outsiders are interesting to look at but they are some what misguided. Stats can only tell you so much about a football team. Stats can't measure chemistry and heart.

That said, KW is a flat out beast right now. You don't need stats to measure that. That's why I hope we continue to use a 3-4/ 4-3 hybrid. Just draft good football players and make your system fit them.

Well the interesting thing about Pro Football Focus, is that each player gets a grade each play. One of their notes was that Williams play against the run was even more impressive than his pass rushing and pressures in the game,although the Bills gave up 200+ yards rushing...obviously Williams isn't the main reason

I don't mean to be a jerk, but is this guy on the juice or something? I know he's been a very active and aggressive player up until now, but it just seems like his game has really jumped to a new level this season.

Defensive player of the year? WTF??? :doh:

He's been bringing it since his rookie year. He is impossible to block one on one. Plus, I think they shifting him around to go against slower guards who are no match for his quickness. Jay Ratliff of Dallas is basically the same size and plays a very similar game.

Levy made a lot of bad picks, but he hit one of out of the park with KW.

He's been bringing it since his rookie year. He is impossible to block one on one. Plus, I think they shifting him around to go against slower guards who are no match for his quickness. Jay Ratliff of Dallas is basically the same size and plays a very similar game.

Levy made a lot of bad picks, but he hit one of out of the park with KW.

Well I sure hope he keeps it up...I know Talley has been singing his praises all year, but I just don't remember him being quite this disruptive over the last couple years as he's proving to be this year. Good news for us, though!

Please tell me he is signed for a long time.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2008-07-03-1872670837_x.htm

Defensive tackle Kyle Williams signed a three-year contract extension with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday potentially worth $14.4 million.

The two-year starter is now signed through 2012 and is guaranteed $5.2 million over the next two seasons.

But the guy needs to be a Bill for life. You don't let good defensive linemen walk (cough, TD, cough).

Hey read this article:

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/kyle-williams-proves/

That dude that got dominated had this to say:

“He’s definitely a great player,” Kemoeatu told reporters in the locker room. “Everybody knows he’s strong as hell. I thought we had a good week preparing for him. But my hat goes off to him. He’s a helluva baller. He’s physical, comes off the ball and just hits you in the helmet.”

Holy crap. Did anyone notice the note about the fact that the Steelers O-line was whistled for 13 penalties (10 accepted) in that game and the Falcons O-line, by comparison, has been penalized 11 times all season? Yikes! Our O-line is looking pretty good in comparison.

Holy crap. Did anyone notice the note about the fact that the Steelers O-line was whistled for 13 penalties (10 accepted) in that game and the Falcons O-line, by comparison, has been penalized 11 times all season? Yikes! Our O-line is looking pretty good in comparison.

Steelers OL is weak, especially in the pass blocking department. The minute I saw that Jonathan Scott was starting at LT for them I knew that they were in trouble. Frankly, I was disappointed that they were able to run the ball as effectively as they did. Edwards going out didn't help.

Does anyone feel like he got a lot stronger and then by exposure to the 3-4 responsibilities sort of "broadened" his skill set and gave him a new dominating mind set? Basically turned him into a beast and now in the hyrbid he is unstoppable? Did the 3-4 help him develop?

Any player on the Bills nominated for any defensive award would be a travesty to the sport. The Bills defense, especially their run defense, is an absolute disgrace to the game of football.

The poor play of a team does not necessarily reflect the play of an individual. If you don't think Kyle Williams has had a great year you haven't been watching him during the games.

Any player on the Bills nominated for any defensive award would be a travesty to the sport. The Bills defense, especially their run defense, is an absolute disgrace to the game of football.

Football is a team game, and you have just set a new bar for stupid posts.

When a player can dominate in spite of a poor surrounding cast, that's more impressive, not less.

The Bills set of LB's - including Poz - combine to form one of the worst units I've ever seen. Kyle Williams can't save them from themselves every play.

If Williams weren't on the field for the Bills Sunday, they would have lost by something more like 35-13.

Edited by BobChalmers

If you don't think Kyle Williams has had a great year you haven't been watching him during the games.

That aint what I posted. He's had the best season of any Bills defensive player. So what? The Bills are the worst team (by a long shot) against the run in the NFL. They give up over 165 yds. per game... and Williams is right there in the middle... Nose Tackle, the single most important position for a 3-4 defense. Everything feeds off that position.

Geaorge Wilson and Fred Jackson were the Bills defensive and offensive mvps for the Bills last year. Ya know what, neither was starting on opening day. That doesn't mean Williams, Wilson and Jackson aren't good NFL players... but, let's keep it real. They'd only be role players on the top seven or eight teams in the league.