Easley

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see alot of talk about easley at WR, but i honestly dont know a thing about him. Please dont burn me, i just keep reading about his "return" and finally i gotta know what all the talk is about

He turned heads at camp but strained his knee badly enough that Chan didn't think it was worth holding a roster spot for him so he went on IR. From what I hear he's healed 100% But right now he'll have to be awesome to crack the WR lineup now.

PTR

Easley looked very good in camp, big picture he is the guy that will be paired with Steve Johnson going forward (assuming he develops as they hope he will). Evans will be on the roster only 1-2 more years (I think the Bills would gladly deal him in the offseason for a 3rd rounder, but no one will pay that). Easley's 6'3" 210lbs and can flat out run. If he can develop and David Nelson continues to progress the Bills could be looking at one of the NFL's best receiving corps in a couple of years. Gone are the days of the mighty midget lineup and constnatly trying to find a big receiver. They will have a starting three that are big and fast. As it stands already, I don't see it making any sense for the Bills to use any draft picks next year on WRs as they have some decent potential 6 deep right now. Johnson, Evans, Parrish, Easley, Nelson, Jones.

Given their mini logjam a WR I think it might even make sense to try to convert David Nelson to a TE. He's big as it is and would seem to have the frame to add more weight. If Easley looks good and healthy next year in minicamps I think the Chan gang should consider this option as the current TEs are wreched.

Easley looked very good in camp, big picture he is the guy that will be paired with Steve Johnson going forward (assuming he develops as they hope he will). Evans will be on the roster only 1-2 more years (I think the Bills would gladly deal him in the offseason for a 3rd rounder, but no one will pay that). Easley's 6'3" 210lbs and can flat out run. If he can develop and David Nelson continues to progress the Bills could be looking at one of the NFL's best receiving corps in a couple of years. Gone are the days of the mighty midget lineup and constnatly trying to find a big receiver. They will have a starting three that are big and fast. As it stands already, I don't see it making any sense for the Bills to use any draft picks next year on WRs as they have some decent potential 6 deep right now. Johnson, Evans, Parrish, Easley, Nelson, Jones.

Given their mini logjam a WR I think it might even make sense to try to convert David Nelson to a TE. He's big as it is and would seem to have the frame to add more weight. If Easley looks good and healthy next year in minicamps I think the Chan gang should consider this option as the current TEs are wreched.

Good assessment.

With Chan's offense it seems like you can pick up a WR off the street and they could be productive, or the Bills just got really lucky with these crop of WRs.

However drafting a Play Making TE or WR in 2012 might be a good idea.

So he'd be one of our fastest WR's ?

We will need a burner to open up the field (Evans's role now) for Johnson, Nelson, Jones, who seem to be more possesion recvr's.

Combine results for WRs: (Kyle Williams can move!)

Ford, Jacoby 4.28

Price, Taylor 4.41

Sanders, Emmanuel 4.41

Tate, Golden 4.42

Banks, Brandon 4.43

Williams, Kyle 4.43

Easley, Marcus 4.46

Edited by dgrid

He turned heads at camp but strained his knee badly enough that Chan didn't think it was worth holding a roster spot for him so he went on IR. From what I hear he's healed 100% But right now he'll have to be awesome to crack the WR lineup now.

PTR

He could hop along on one leg and beat out Lee.

Well I gotta say this, they nailed Jones and Nelson as UDFA, so image what they must have seen in Easley to spend a draft pick!! I thought I read he had a great camp, will be interested to see what happens with him next year. Scounting Report said he was a great special teamer...

Well, let's keep this in perspective.

The Bills also spent a 2nd round pick on James Hardy, and we know how that turned out.

Well, let's keep this in perspective.

The Bills also spent a 2nd round pick on James Hardy, and we know how that turned out.

That wasnt Gailey/Nix. Think the point was that Gailey/Nix have an eye for recv'rs

Calm down, fellas.

Evans is on the roster at LEAST through 2011.

To say we have a receiver in Easley ready to unseat him is wild and baseless optimism run amok.

No doubt it is optimism, but it wouldn't be surprising one iota if the Bills shop their big ticket decoy or just plain pass on paying him the remainder of his contract. It's not like all NFL teams don't routinely pass on paying out the backend of heavy contracts and frankly he isn't worth his sticker shock. See Dockery, Derrick.

No doubt it is optimism, but it wouldn't be surprising one iota if the Bills shop their big ticket decoy or just plain pass on paying him the remainder of his contract. It's not like all NFL teams don't routinely pass on paying out the backend of heavy contracts and frankly he isn't worth his sticker shock. See Dockery, Derrick.

I had to pick myself up off the floor after I happened upon this scenario: ME tempering YOUR optimism? No, it couldn't be. Then you went and compared Evans to Dockery, and all was right with the universe.

Edited by The Big Cat

I had to pick myself up off the floor after I happened upon this scenario: ME tempering YOUR optimism? No, it couldn't be. Then you went and compared Evans to Dockery, and all was right with the universe.

I was not comparing Dockery to Evans. I was comparing contract situations. You stated that the Bills would keep Evans in no uncertain terms, but the Bills have unequivocally shown that they can and will purge big contracts. Hate to break it to you but Evans isn't a superstar, All-Pro, nor even the centerpiece of this offense. It's not that hard to understand.

lee's final two years of salary are at about 3 mil per so i could see him going for a holdout but more than likely the bills extending him big cause he is a character guy