Edwards/Fitzpatrick

Alright people I was kidding, calm down.

At any rate, I love your Steve Tasker quote, that was truly amazing. That was against Cincinnati, right?

WHEW! Love the humor! (I think). For the first time in years, we're looking like a football team. I was gonna suggest you join the flat earth society.

With Fitzpatrick's recent resurgence under Gailey, I can't help but wonder what Edwards would be doing right now if they would have been a little more patient with him. I still think the kid has all the physical tools and he went to Stanford so we know he's capable mentally to play quarterback in the NFL. I say we try and bring him back at some point- perhaps not until after the season as I realize Fitzpatrick has a nice rhythm going right now. But next year I'd like to see the job handed back to Edwards and see what this kid can do with an offense that can actually function. It will probably require re-structuring his contract as I'm sure we could get him pretty cheap right now. Not to mention this would solve the long-term question at QB and we could focus strictly on defense in the first round. It's almost too simple. Git r' done Buddy!

Ladies and Gentlemen may I present to you the Andy Kaufman of TSW. :worthy:

With Fitzpatrick's recent resurgence under Gailey, I can't help but wonder what Edwards would be doing right now if they would have been a little more patient with him. I still think the kid has all the physical tools and he went to Stanford so we know he's capable mentally to play quarterback in the NFL. I say we try and bring him back at some point- perhaps not until after the season as I realize Fitzpatrick has a nice rhythm going right now. But next year I'd like to see the job handed back to Edwards and see what this kid can do with an offense that can actually function. It will probably require re-structuring his contract as I'm sure we could get him pretty cheap right now. Not to mention this would solve the long-term question at QB and we could focus strictly on defense in the first round. It's almost too simple. Git r' done Buddy!

ARE YOU A !@#$ING IDIOT!!!!!?????

Put down the crack pipe.

No.

Actually the real quote was, "Fred Jackson is like watching someone pour a glass of water. It just goes where it belongs."

LOL!

You are a ra-tard. :sick:

Maybe we can find JP and try him too!

I'll bet we could get him even cheaper than Trent.

I may be mistaken, but Gailey spent a LOT of time on Trent, and fired him because HE COULD NOT DO THE JOB.

Hilarious! Well played sir. Definitely got a good rise out of the board.

Edwards looked like a franchise QB. Fitz plays like one.

And it's hard to knock Gailey for starting Edwards at the beginning of the season. He was the superior QB in training camp. But a guy like Fitz is just one of those gamers who will never look good in practice. He shines when the lights come on, while Edwards shrank.

:lol: This part is the best, especially since the current coaching staff already did this once.

Dude, Edwards was a 3rd round pick, Fitzpatrick was a 7th round pick. That should tell you something about their potential right there.

Sorry, your argument doesn't hold up. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Kurt Warner was an undrafted free agent. With your logic, Edwards should be better than these two future hall of famers.

EDIT: Bastage, you got me on that one! :thumbsup:

Edited by EC-Bills

Trent's too anxiety ridden to be a starting QB

Yeah, you nailed it right there. All the tangibles in the world amount to a hill of beans without the mental and physical toughness to go with those skills that would allow him to endure the inevitable hits in the NFL. That's what sets Fitzpatrick apart. Fitz knows he's going to get hit hard and yet he hangs in there. I think there was a time when Edwards could have become that type of QB, but that concussion effectively ended his productive capacity I think. He just was never the same after that (minus a game here or there where he stood out, e.g. SD).

Maybe they can get Eric Flowers out of retirement. He deserves a chance to try and play beside Kyle Williams. :blink: