Gailey has proven he can coach in this league

bananathumb

I thought Dick Lebeau's famed blitz packages would have shut down Buffalo. I mean. Chan is working with mostly ft picks and UFAs on offense against Lebeau's high draft pick/pro bowl defense and still gives Pittsburgh all they can handle.

I kept waiting in the second half and overtime to see what Lebeau would do to sack Ryan, but every time they showed him on the sidelines, Dick looked perplexed. He couldn't figure out Chan's plan! Couldn't penetrate our vaunted O-line!

Give Gailey a little more talent, Buddy, and see what he does next year.

The improvement of o-line (and d-line, as well) has been very encouraging. I don't know if you attribute that to coaching or a better QB or what.

Fitzgerald didn't play like this with Jauron and his offensive coaches. He looks like a new man.

Even Evans - who is getting the ball much - has said this is the first offensive mind he has seen in Buffalo.

I agree...the bills are back baby!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

This morning I told my friend the same thing. A new era of Buffalo Bills football has begun!

With a capable set of linebackers, more help/improvement on D and Olines, and a beast for a tight end watch out playoffs next year.

Dear Ralph, spend some money and max out the salary cap like an owner who actually wants to win and watch what the Bills can do!

Get a DC who know what he's doin and could coach in the NFL then we will have something! I have to say with the same players we have now and a better, or shall I say real DC we would be much better on D..

After yesterdays game and last weeks game I'm actually pleases with the dc. He made adjustments in both games to shut down the opponents offense. In the last 2 games, we've only given up 6 points in the 2nd half while outscoring our opponents 58-6. That's some great coaching changes at halftime in my book. I'm ok with keeping everyone on the coaching staff and giving them more of the talent they need to run thier schemes.

After yesterdays game and last weeks game I'm actually pleases with the dc. He made adjustments in both games to shut down the opponents offense. In the last 2 games, we've only given up 6 points in the 2nd half while outscoring our opponents 58-6. That's some great coaching changes at halftime in my book. I'm ok with keeping everyone on the coaching staff and giving them more of the talent they need to run thier schemes.

This is not directed at you, but is one of my pet peeves, when we as fans (myself included sometimes) think we know about halftime adjustments. First of all, adjustments are made at all times during the game. A lot of these "adjustments" arent halftime adjustments at all, but may be first second third or fourth quarter adjustments.

A lot of times, they aren't adjustments at all, they are exactly the same theory and calls designed for the first half that didnt work then but worked later. Players carry out their assignments one time and not another.

It appeared to all that the Bills offense made great adjustments yesterday on offense, which was horrible in the first half and sometimes looked unstoppable in the second. Turns out, according to Fitzpatrick, they didn't make ANY adjustments. They thought they had a good plan going into the game, and used the same game plan and strategy in the second half they planned to use in the first and it worked tremendously.

I'm not at all saying teams don't make adjustments at half time. They surely do. Sometimes it's rather obvious the difference in the strategy. But the fact is, us fans have little to no idea what changes, if any were made, at halftime. And it's easy to use the standby "halftime adjustments" to say whether something worked or didn't work without any knowledge whatsoever as to whether they were made or not.

Usually, IMO, the in game adjustments at various times in the action are more substantial and important than the halftime adjustments. And the head coaches and coordinators who constantly change their strategies (or stick with them even when they are not working because they feel they should and will work) are the ones that succeed.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog