Teams that the Bills are better then

Cornerville

Fact: Of the 9 losses by the Buffalo Bills, the combined records of those teams is a staggering 67-31 (.683 Winning Percentage) and 5 of those games the Bills have lost by 3 points, and 3 of those games in OT.

All 9 losses are to teams currently with winning records.

Simply, this schedule has not done us any favors either, even with the Bills shortcomings on defense and in other aspects.

Take one team as an example: Tampa Bay is 7-4, Raheem Morris is getting tons of credit, but look further: The Bucs have the same amount of wins vs teams that are .500 or better then the Buffalo Bills: 0

So if the Bills had Tampa's schedule, would Gailey be up for Coach Of The Year with a 7-4 record? I say there is a better chance of that happening then 1 might think.

I think i can say with a lot of confidence that the Bills right now as as good if not better then several teams:

Carolina

Cincinnati

Detroit

Seattle

Arizona

St. Louis

Denver

Tampa Bay

San Francisco

Any more did I miss? The list might be larger then even this...

Thoughts?

Edited by RaidersEast

Fact: Of the 9 losses by the Buffalo Bills, the combined records of those teams is a staggering 67-31 (.683 Winning Percentage) and 5 of those games the Bills have lost by 3 points, and 3 of those games in OT.

Simply, this schedule has not done us any favors either, even with the Bills shortcomings on defense and in other aspects.

Take one team as an example: Tampa Bay is 7-4, Raheem Morris is getting tons of credit, but look further: The Bucs have the same amount of wins vs teams that are .500 or better then the Buffalo Bills: 0

So if the Bills had Tampa's schedule, would Gailey be up for Coach Of The Year with a 7-4 record? I say there is a better chance of that happening then 1 might think.

I think i can say with a lot of confidence that the Bills right now as as good if not better then several teams:

Carolina

Cincinnati

Detroit

Seattle

Arizona

St. Louis

Denver

Tampa Bay

San Francisco

Thoughts?

Miami, Pats, jags, ravens, chiefs, bears, steelers... I plan on adding minesota and cleveland when we beat them...I actually think we are better than miami, cleveland, chiefs and minesota but we shall see about min and cle.

There is alot more parity in this league then I thought. The way the Bills have been playing the last month and a half. We have the potential to win out or lose close. If we win 3 out of the last 5, that would be an accomplishment.

Carolina

Cincinnati

Detroit

Seattle

Arizona

St. Louis

Denver

Tampa Bay

San Francisco

Thoughts?

Thanks for the breakdown, gives me some ammo for football talk at work

Carolina

Cincinnati

Detroit

Seattle

Arizona

St. Louis

Denver

Tampa Bay

San Francisco

Thoughts?

We knew the schedule had only 4 or 5 wins in it when it came out in the Spring. None of this is news. We knew the Bills were a bottom 10 team. Next year we get the Jets, Pats Phins twice plus the NFC East (Dallas, Giants, Vick, McNabb) and the AFC West (Chargers, Raiders, KC), so the bottom line is the Bills need to get a lot better fast or you can look forward to writing this same post (that, hey, we are the 20th best team in the league -- yippee!) one year from now.

I have been saying all year if the Bills Played in the Nfc west they would be making a play push right now. Good news is anohter good offseason and a easier schedule next year( currently due ot face both afc and nfc west plus cinn, and houston), they could be in for a big turn around. That said if they go to 18 games next year I have no idea how the schedule works . I am more optomistic now then any time during the dickie J era

Of your list, I'd only question St. Louis and Tampa Bay. The Rams are playing over their head (at least better than I expected) and Tampa Bay, while benefiting from a weak schedule, is still winning games.

It would be a toss-up with Dallas, Oakland, Miami, and Cleveland as to who's better. I still think Minnesota's better, despite their record.

We knew the schedule had only 4 or 5 wins in it when it came out in the Spring. None of this is news. We knew the Bills were a bottom 10 team. Next year we get the Jets, Pats Phins twice plus the NFC East (Dallas, Giants, Vick, McNabb) and the AFC West (Chargers, Raiders, KC), so the bottom line is the Bills need to get a lot better fast or you can look forward to writing this same post (that, hey, we are the 20th best team in the league -- yippee!) one year from now.

I think we get the Nfc west

They are what their record is. Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda doesn't amount to anything.

I really think since the NFL changed how the schedules are done (predetermined team matchups in advance) it has created some serious imbalance in regards to the schedule....I am not sure the Bill Parcells quote (why does he get so much credit for saying 'You are what your record says, like he is Confucius or something, its quite hilarious) applies as much as it used to.

There are always exceptions, and in this case its pretty clear.

Carolina

Cincinnati

Detroit

Seattle

Arizona

St. Louis

Denver

Tampa Bay

San Francisco

Thoughts?

If we had beat TB they would be 6-5, per your theory if TB played more winning teams their record would be worse, thus the statistics that you exhibit wouldn't be that exciting. Stats are for losers and that is why we are looking at them.

I'm not certain I'd put St Louis or Tampa on your list. But they'd be neck and neck with the Bill's along with Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, & Minn,

Carolina

Cincinnati

Detroit

Seattle

Arizona

St. Louis

Denver

Tampa Bay

San Francisco

Thoughts?