Play Review Inside 2 Minutes

wnyguy

As the Bills were driving down the field to tie the game there was a catch for a first down by Nelson who, after hitting the ground, coughed up the ball. The refs ruled it a catch and a first down and the Bills quickly went to the line of scrimmage, snapped the ball and grounded it to stop the clock. Then the refs said the play before, the Nelson catch, was being reviewed. How do they go back and review a play after another play has taken place?

As the Bills were driving down the field to tie the game there was a catch for a first down by Nelson who, after hitting the ground, coughed up the ball. The refs ruled it a catch and a first down and the Bills quickly went to the line of scrimmage, snapped the ball and grounded it to stop the clock. Then the refs said the play before, the Nelson catch, was being reviewed. How do they go back and review a play after another play has taken place?

The answer, true or not, is going to be that the booth called the review before the snap.

The answer, true or not, is going to be that the booth called the review before the snap.

If that is the case then time should have been put back on the clock. There was no mention of this by the TV announcers and I was freaking out. lol

They actually did, which is how I knew they put the time back on.

Did they? Maybe I was freaking out so much I missed it. I actually rewound to the play where we spiked the ball to make sure I saw it then must have FF through the explanation. Aaah well, call me a bonehead. But thanks to all that responded.

I didn't think they put enough time back on the clock. If they are reviewing from the end of the play then they are saying it only took the Bills 3 seconds to get the ball spotted and spiked.

That does not seem possible to me. I will watch the replay tomorrow to see how much time is on the clock when Nelson is down and the play is over.