For the first time in ages....

buffalo_bills

We look like a real NFL team. On offense for sure, and although the defense struggled early, they did get some stops late, and forced the fumble. Yes we only have two wins, but don't tell me this team isnt better than last years team with Dick, or the 06,07, and 08 teams. Those teams gave up, and had an inept offense. These guys play hard for 60, and we are starting to learn to compete. I can't wait to see what Buddy will do in the offseason. We are a team on the rise. With a high pick ( which we'll have), and a couple FA additions, adding to the devolopment of some of our young guys, we can be a threat in the AFC for years to come. Stick with Fitz, he is performing and putting up numbers. I see a bright future for this group, despite their record. I can see the improvement of this team from week one already. I believe in Gailey and his staff, and i billieve in Fitzy. Our time is coming. GO BILLS!

A smart Super Bowl winning HC once said: "You are what your record says you are." They are a 2-9 team with wins against two other 2-9 clubs. Admittedly they've played a tough schedule, but they haven't had a signature win in more than 2 seasons, particularly late in the season.

They may not be a boring DJ team anymore, but they're not winning any more games than when Jauron was standing still on the sidelines.

A smart Super Bowl winning HC once said: "You are what your record says you are." They are a 2-9 team with wins against two other 2-9 clubs. Admittedly they've played a tough schedule, but they haven't had a signature win in more than 2 seasons, particularly late in the season.

They may not be a boring DJ team anymore, but they're not winning any more games than when Jauron was standing still on the sidelines.

I agree with that. BUT, your team is either improving or regressing, and we are the former. Our record will not be 2-9 at this time next year.

Then you have two options: 1) follow another team or 2) come back when the Bills start winning. Being a miserable negative ass must be exhausting.

PTR

I know it's tempting to think this, but we do this every year. Remember New England last year? Or Dallas in 2007? This team always plays hard, always out-efforts more talented teams, and always finds a new and imaginative way to come up short.

Those games were single events..look at the 6 games after the bye and this team is on the right track. Yes, like the girl you grew up with, we know all the blemishes and the defense is a big old blemish, but they continue to stay close.

The Bills of the past few years were front runners; get a lead and then find a way to lose. This team has the confidence to overcome being behind by 10 late in Balt or throwing a heart breaking interception very late against Pitt and still getting to OT. I know they didn't win either game, my point is that previously they would have folded.

A smart Super Bowl winning HC once said: "You are what your record says you are." They are a 2-9 team with wins against two other 2-9 clubs. Admittedly they've played a tough schedule, but they haven't had a signature win in more than 2 seasons, particularly late in the season.They may not be a boring DJ team anymore, but they're not winning any more games than when Jauron was standing still on the sidelines.

The losses that the Bills have had this year have been infinitely more entertaining to watch than any win Jauron gave us. It's not even close.

Then you have two options: 1) follow another team or 2) come back when the Bills start winning. Being a miserable negative ass must be exhausting.PTR

:lol:

Then you have two options: 1) follow another team or 2) come back when the Bills start winning. Being a miserable negative ass must be exhausting.

PTR

Being an unabashed homer who swoons every time someone delivers a feel-good sound bite must get old, doesn't it? Unfortunately for you and the other homers, this team comes up short when it counts most and some people actually prefer real wins to the moral ones you homers crave. The nerve of results oriented people. They suck.

Being an unabashed homer who swoons every time someone delivers a feel-good sound bite must get old, doesn't it? Unfortunately for you and the other homers, this team comes up short when it counts most and some people actually prefer real wins to the moral ones you homers crave. The nerve of results oriented people. They suck.

Maybe you need to change your avatar from "give it your best" to "if you don't succeed, you suck...no matter the circumstances" :rolleyes:

Or how bout..."give it your best...unless you don't WIN, then your best doesn't mean CRAP"

Edited by ajzepp

PTR

Lighten up Promo! I like the path we're on but he has a valid point. Like it or not there's a reason why we've lost every close game. I trust Buddy & Chan but ultimately being a great 2 & 9 team is the same as being 2 & 9. I'm not much for moral victories but I'd take a win over the Pats to make it a successful season.

Those games were single events..look at the 6 games after the bye and this team is on the right track. Yes, like the girl you grew up with, we know all the blemishes and the defense is a big old blemish, but they continue to stay close.

The Bills of the past few years were front runners; get a lead and then find a way to lose. This team has the confidence to overcome being behind by 10 late in Balt or throwing a heart breaking interception very late against Pitt and still getting to OT. I know they didn't win either game, my point is that previously they would have folded.

Definitely a difference than Djs teams in the past, but that first half was all to similar. I think there is a huge difference between teams and coaches. Chan in a lot of ways is the complete opposite of Dick. This team plays with more heart than any team in the past. These last 6 weeks would play with anybody in the league.

Also was encouraged with Troup, Carrington and Moats all game long. Carrrington is a MAN CHILD!

Maybe you need to change your avatar from "give it your best" to "if you don't succeed, you suck...no matter the circumstances" :rolleyes:

Or how bout..."give it your best...unless you don't WIN, then your best doesn't mean CRAP"

My avatar is a WWII poster. I think you can figure out what the connotation is there, but if not I'll read between the lines for you: victory was the only option back then. And while I'll readily admit this isn't life or death like war, the goal remains to win as frequently as possible.

Trying hard in the NFL isn't enough nor even a replacement for losing.

I know it's tempting to think this, but we do this every year. Remember New England last year? Or Dallas in 2007? This team always plays hard, always out-efforts more talented teams, and always finds a new and imaginative way to come up short.

Your username so aptly describes the essence of a Bills fan has been for the past 10-11 years.

Yet, we are seeing great effort, but also talent is there enough to be able to go head to head. What is needed is a few players who can be the difference makers, that and dump truck full of "stick 'em".

My avatar is a WWII poster. I think you can figure out what the connotation is there, but if not I'll read between the lines for you: victory was the only option back then. And while I'll readily admit this isn't life or death like war, the goal remains to win as frequently as possible.

Trying hard in the NFL isn't enough nor even a replacement for losing.

Trying hard in the NFL is probably the best you're going to get when the talent level is less than other teams. That's just the way it is. Improving a team is a process that typically takes more than one season to accomplish. I'm sure we all wish that we could hire a new coach and GM and then *poof* the team is automatically a winner, but it doesn't happen that way. It takes time, and you accomplish larger, long term goals by setting and reaching smaller, short-term ones.