I like what Chan Gailey is doing with this football team.

Clearly they're an improving, up-and-coming team! This is the kind of team I wanted to see playing at this time back in Sept/Oct. I knew back then from what I was seeing that it was not going to be about how many W's we can pile up. Too many holes to fill. But come Nov. & beyond, will they being improving? Playing w/ lots of heart? Be competitive in games against good teams, right down to the end? Will everybody out there be busting their butts to make plays. The answer is a resounding yes. Chan really has this team pulling together and excited to play football! And playing good football. Coaches are making adjustments during games and its paying off. Teams are taking notice and teams at this point of the season that are jokeying for a playoff spot but have to play the Bills yet will not take us lightly anymore.

I was wrong about Chan. Thought it was terrible hire. However the guy has really done wonders with the offense, this team is no longer the snooze-fest it was under Jauron. Chans done this with no help from the draft, CJ really hasnt done much, no OL help from the draft, but Chan has turned SJ into a good receiver and were developing Nelson and others. If we can get some defensive help to stop the run, this team will be very competitive. Oh and beastmode sucks in Seattle, good riddance.

I haven't liked every week, but I loved today's game plan. The Steelers have aging linebackers in coverage who are still smart enough to dominate against the run. The only way the Bills were going to be able to run on them was to have the pass be an option. If Evans or Johnson caught the ball today, it wouldn't have gotten to overtime. Evans has quit on this season like a sour man who realizes they can't win anything of consequence until next year. Probably dropped five today. Johnson did drop five and would've had 12 grabs for 150 yards if he didn't. Young man's mistakes...

This team has turnaround from a possible 3-13 this year to 13-3 next year written all over it. Chan is doing a great job with these guys. Add some talent at linebacker and you have the makings of a very good team for years to come.

I agree. Chan has these guys competing with the top teams in the league and are just coming up short, compared to getting blown out. IMO, add a pass catching TE & another tackle, and we should be set on offense.

I agree. Chan has these guys competing with the top teams in the league and are just coming up short, compared to getting blown out. IMO, add a pass catching TE & another tackle, and we should be set on offense.

The Bills have been a few players short for about 6 years now. Most teams have a few stars, surrounded by blue collar types and fill the bottom 20% of the roster with low round picks and UDFA's. Buffalo doesn't have a star and is playing a lot of low round picks and street free agents. If they can win with that, fine. But to get elite talent you either A) overpay for it in UFA or B) draft really well, particularly at the top. The Bills aren't players in UFA and haven't proven they're experts on draft day either.

Edited by BillsVet

I'm with the downers on this one.

This game sums of the Buffalo Bills for the past decade. Finding ways to lose games.

I can't believe that you guys can't find anything to be positive about --- man i pitty your wives it must be just a peach living with people that can't find a thread of good to build on .

this team plays it's guts out for the coach , Kelsay is playing better - Williams is a stud !! Fitz is a great leader & a Buffalo kind of guy , Jackson is getting back to him self now that marshawn's gone , S J is turning into a good #1 receiver - Donald Nelson is a good rookie pick up - Roscoe was doing great before he got hurt - Poz is doing good Dwan Edwards is having a career year as far as tackles & the D is finally starting to get it & all you can say is

(insert baby voice here)" This sums up the BB for the past decade " careful i see a divorce in your future if you keep it up !!!

I'm with the downers on this one.

This game sums of the Buffalo Bills for the past decade. Finding ways to lose games.

I agree..after watching the last couple of weeks, I thought they finally figured out how to win instead of lose...but I was wrong. After Leodius tripping over his own player which would have been a TD to begin OT then watching Fitz put it up there perfect for SJ and he dropped it. We are cursed, and it sickens me.

I can't believe that you guys can't find anything to be positive about --- man i pitty your wives it must be just a peach living with people that can't find a thread of good to build on .

this team plays it's guts out for the coach , Kelsay is playing better - Williams is a stud !! Fitz is a great leader & a Buffalo kind of guy , Jackson is getting back to him self now that marshawn's gone , S J is turning into a good #1 receiver - Donald Nelson is a good rookie pick up - Roscoe was doing great before he got hurt - Poz is doing good Dwan Edwards is having a career year as far as tackles & the D is finally starting to get it & all you can say is

(insert baby voice here)" This sums up the BB for the past decade " careful i see a divorce in your future if you keep it up !!!

OK a couple of things wrong with this thread. Why don't you take the time to do the research before calling guys by there wrong name, Its DAVID NELSON not Donald; and #1 recievers don't drop balls right in there hands at critical times in games especially game winners.

Some people like the role of "Mister Hard to Impress". They like to come across like they have higher standards than the "common fan". Yeah, it would be easy to wait until they are a playoff team to say " I like these guys", but others like yourself are noticing (way before the hard nuts) that this team is on the right track.

The Bills have been a few players short for about 6 years now. Most teams have a few stars, surrounded by blue collar types and fill the bottom 20% of the roster with low round picks and UDFA's. Buffalo doesn't have a star and is playing a lot of low round picks and street free agents. If they can win with that, fine. But to get elite talent you either A) overpay for it in UFA or B) draft really well, particularly at the top. The Bills aren't players in UFA and haven't proven they're experts on draft day either.

The UFA part is just not true... they have spent pretty big at times in free agency. Unfortunately, they overpaid for what they got (Dockery and Walker come immediately to mind.) But, they definitely have shown a willingness to spend at times in recent years.

As for not being experts on draft day... this is a whole new regime. Can't blame them for the sins of the past and the results from the 2010 draft won't be fully know for a couple years yet.

Edited by shoveldog