Dear Poz and Whitner haters....

buffalo_bills

watching with my eyes both those guys have played pretty well lately

so has kelsay, since hes gone back to a three pt stance. he was an animal against the bengals ha animal. and was a noticeable factor all day against detriot, and i mean that in a good way. hes a different guy when he knuckles fieldturf, slightly above average for a starter overall but thats miles ahead of the lb experiment

Poz is 9th in the NFL in tackles, and Whitner is 10th. Thats all i gotta say about this topic.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG

Good point.

Huge number of tackles often means that you and your teammates stink, and can't get off the field because every drive there are about 10-15 tackles made instead of 3-6. Just sayin'.

Good point.

Fact of the matter is, having a high # of tackles is not indicative of how good of a football player you are. When you look at the list, there are plenty of guys who are way better players than Whitner or Poz ranked way lower on this list. Im not saying either are bad, but Poz certainly isnt better than Ray Lewis, or Jonathan Vilma, or Brian Urlacher.

I like both of them and hope we lock them both up. But because they are amongst the league leaders in tackles, doesnt mean they are top tier guys either.

It's a meaningless stat. Poz is supposed to collect a ton of tackles; that's the scheme they were using for most of the season so far. Whitner played behind OLB Kelsay, so he had ample opportunity to play eraser and make up for the awful play that was in front of him. And, the defense was so putrid as a whole, they could never get off the field.

Poz did play a very good game against the Bengals last week, but he is the last guy I want to see back in pass coverage against a TE or WR.

The Bills almost gave away the Lions game when they had him on Calvin Johnson when the big wide receiver scored to make it a 14-12 game.

Poz could be a very good player if he stayed healthy.

Poz is 9th in the NFL in tackles, and Whitner is 10th. Thats all i gotta say about this topic.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=TACKLES&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG

And this stat alone does not translate to overall performance. The only way to grade players is to watch film.