Feisty Lady

3rdnlng

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was talking to the media why did he need the school kids?

Because they had a bunch of extra small, white doctor coats they planned to pass out before that health care speech he gave on the WH lawn, but the short doctors didn't show up and he didn't want the coats to go to waste.

I thought that backdrops were useless props used to fool the public. At least thats what you retards said when Bush used them.

Too !@#$ing easy.

Back drops are always used to enhance the message. I never said that by the way. D.A.

Since you brought her up, would you vote for her in a primary?

I suppose that would depend upon who her opponent was. At this point in time I would lean toward someone that is qualified to best lead this country out of the financial mess that Bush/Obama/Democrat Congress put us in. I also would want someone who had the courage to stand up to other countries and protect this country from rogue regimes, terrorists and illegal aliens. I guess right now Mitt Romney comes to mind re the financial mess but I'm undecided about him fulfilling the other requirements.

I personally like Sarah Palin but believe that she is not seasoned enough. We're finding out now what happens when an inexperienced idealogue gets put in charge.

I suppose that would depend upon who her opponent was. At this point in time I would lean toward someone that is qualified to best lead this country out of the financial mess that Bush/Obama/Democrat Congress put us in. I also would want someone who had the courage to stand up to other countries and protect this country from rogue regimes, terrorists and illegal aliens. I guess right now Mitt Romney comes to mind re the financial mess but I'm undecided about him fulfilling the other requirements.

I personally like Sarah Palin but believe that she is not seasoned enough. We're finding out now what happens when an inexperienced idealogue gets put in charge.

I might be in the minority, but I think that there are enough people that would consider voting for Palin that a serious presidential run is not out of the question.

With a third party candidate from the Left that could split the Democratic vote in a general election - A President Palin is not inconceivable.

I might be in the minority, but I think that there are enough people that would consider voting for Palin that a serious presidential run is not out of the question.

With a third party candidate from the Left that could split the Democratic vote in a general election - A President Palin is not inconceivable.

That would be the only sort of scenario that she could win.

That would be the only sort of scenario that she could win.

Certainly not the only one...but perhaps the most likely.

The biggest hurdle is not the general election, it winning the Republican nomination. A well-timed presidential scandal is never out of the question either.

If she made it to the general, she would be extremely credible. The backing of the entire Republican Party still carries clout.

Edited by X. Benedict

That is the million dollar question. Not so much Third, but most Repubs, will they vote for Sarah? If it is a crowded primary, considering she has so many die hard loyalists that she probably would win it.

I just hope they realize that if they vote for her and she wins, that Obama wins. It's as simple as that. If they want this country to avoid another comical Obama term, than they have to stay away from Sarah. I'm registered as an independent, and I'm thinking about switching to GOP just so that I can do my part to help make sure she doesn't get the nod.

I know I covered Palin extensively in the other Palin thread, but I think if ever there was a perfect, perfect microcosm of the scenario you described above, it is what just happened in my state, Delaware. I mean seriously, you couldn't make up a more neatly mirrored situation if you tried.

DE '10     US '12
Majority of registered voters Democrats 	                X           X
Mainstream Republican candidate likely to win                   X           X
Democrat nominee considered very liberal                        X           X
Republican nominee viewed as under-qualified by majority        X           X
Republican nominee looks and acts like Sarah Palin              X           X

Delaware actually has a history of votes crossing party lines pretty regularly. What O'Donnell did (intentionally through her campaign strategy and unintentionally through her overall perception) was force people back to rank and file. It became an election of who is least electable. That is a battle Republicans could not win in Delaware.

And I think it is one that Republicans will likely not win in the national election either. ESPECIALLY if they can't even get behind her as a unified front like they never did for O'Donnell.

And if that happens, we should all move to Canada. Damn, the United States would be the laughing stock of the world.

Ok, much larger joke than we are. Do you think leaders would really care about what she says and care?

Yeah, they are really giving the current president a good ear.....I think the South Koreans actually said "Really, Barry? Really??" when he tried to get them to agree to that trade deal a few weeks back.

And what nut would vote for an inexperienced person who relies on cult of personality to win the day in the first place?

We can talk about respect or who's laughing at who all we want, the bottom line for any serious minded person is RESULTS.

Since we are talking about the perception of our president abroad, one only has to look at what our president has achieved with our overseas partners.

Well, he did get the Nobel Peace Prize, then he decided to escalate the war in Afghanistan.

Then he goes to lobby for the Olympics, everyone expects that we get it, and it turns out we got last place in the voting.

Then he goes for last year's climate change to strike a deal, then he gets stood up by the Chinese PM and no real deal was struck.

We give Russia this nice Reset Button along with our withdrawal of Missile defenses for Poland (which was a betrayal of a loyal ally) and Russia doesn't do anything to press Iran over it's Nuclear ambitions, in fact they help them with Uranium enrichment process

He tries to broker a peace deal between Israel and the Palestines, and the Israelis announces more expansion projects while VP Biden is visiting Israel.

We try to get more troops to contribute to Afghanistan from NATO, and instead of an increase of troops, there actually was an announcement of a DECREASE in troops.

He goes overseas to S. Korea where it is widely expected he would come back with a trade agreement that was already in place from his predecessor, and he strikes out.

We ask China to talk to N. Korea about their activities, instead of pressuring N. Korea, they criticize us for running military exercises in that part of the world.

This is just from the top of my head, I'm sure I could list more.

The reality is that even though people like him overseas and for that matter at home, he's just not able to deliver.

Edited by Magox

We can talk about respect or who's laughing at who all we want, the bottom line for any serious minded person is RESULTS.

Since we are talking about the perception of our president abroad, one only has to look at what our president has achieved with our overseas partners.

Well, he did get the Nobel Peace Prize, then he decided to escalate the war in Afghanistan.

Then he goes to lobby for the Olympics, everyone expects that we get it, and it turns out we got last place in the voting.

Then he goes for last year's climate change to strike a deal, then he gets stood up by the Chinese PM and no real deal was struck.

We give Russia this nice Reset Button along with our withdrawal of Missile defenses for Poland (which was a betrayal of a loyal ally) and Russia doesn't do anything to press Iran over it's Nuclear ambitions, in fact they help them with Uranium enrichment process

He tries to broker a peace deal between Israel and the Palestines, and the Israelis announces more expansion projects while VP Biden is visiting Israel.

We try to get more troops to contribute to Afghanistan from NATO, and instead of an increase of troops, there actually was an announcement of a DECREASE in troops.

He goes overseas to S. Korea where it is widely expected he would come back with a trade agreement that was already in place from his predecessor, and he strikes out.

We ask China to talk to N. Korea about their activities, instead of pressuring N. Korea, they criticize us for running military exercises in that part of the world.

This is just from the top of my head, I'm sure I could list more.

The reality is that even though people like him overseas and for that matter at home, he's just not able to deliver.

He bows really swell, too. I'm just say'in.