Spygate II

Munch

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bad news is that the Denver Broncos are being investigated for videotaping a 49ers practice last month in London. The worse news is that the Broncos still lost the game.

:doh:

Ill bet The Broncos and McDaniel get double the penalties the Patriots* did too. Just because they were the Patriots* and theyre the Broncos.

I blame Roger Goodell and his limp-wristed handling of Belichick by not handing him a good long 4-6 suspension. Ever since that weak response, I've always seen Goodell as a joke. There are two NFL standards for Goodell, one for players and one for head coaches who get caught cheating.

I blame Roger Goodell and his limp-wristed handling of Belichick by not handing him a good long 4-6 suspension. Ever since that weak response, I've always seen Goodell as a joke. There are two NFL standards for Goodell, one for players and one for head coaches who get caught cheating.

A $500K fine and loss of a first-round draft pick ain't exactly a "slap on the wrist". JMHO...

Linky: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338

A $500K fine and loss of a first-round draft pick ain't exactly a "slap on the wrist". JMHO...

Linky: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338

Considering he was caught cheating and the Patriots had a ton of picks half a million dollars and a 1st round pick (high 20s) was a slap on the wrist.

A long suspension was in order for that kind of a violation. His handling of that was a joke and this discovery of more cheating backs me up on that.

The Bills were penalized $1.7 million for picking up Merriman and lost their 1st round pick this year.

The Bills were penalized for picking up Merriman? And they lost their 1st round pick? Much less for cheating? :rolleyes:

Godell penalized the Pats not for taping but for knowingly disobeying his instructions not to tape as was being done. Thus the harsher %650k fine and 1st round pick given to the Pats compared to trivial amount handed out to McDaniels.

LOL! The Pats got penalized for illegally videotaping. And Goodell gave them the harshest punishment allowed.

Edited by Doc

The Bills were penalized for picking up Merriman? And they lost their 1st round pick? Much less for cheating? :rolleyes:

LOL! The Pats got penalized for illegally videotaping. And Goodell gave them the harshest punishment allowed.

Harshest allowed? Show us where it says you can't be suspended for cheating. I find that hard to believe.

Harshest allowed? Show us where it says you can't be suspended for cheating. I find that hard to believe.

I agree a suspension was in order.

Edited by Munch

Aye aye aye, never mind. Holy cow.

Anyway, there is obviously a leaguewide conspiracy to help the broncos win the SB!

And how did the Broncos lose?? They taped the walk-through, right? I don't get it.

Considering he was caught cheating and the Patriots had a ton of picks half a million dollars and a 1st round pick (high 20s) was a slap on the wrist.

A long suspension was in order for that kind of a violation. His handling of that was a joke and this discovery of more cheating backs me up on that.

So I guess any fine or punishment ever handed out was a joke because others continued to break the rules?

So why didn't Godell give the Broncos the same punishment then? Seems like a significant discrepency in fines levied to each team wouldn't you say?

Because the current evidence points to a single incident done by Broncos' video director, Steve Scarnecchia, alone. Scarnecchia recorded 49ers' walk-through and when he presented the video to McDaniels, McDenial refused to watch it. Later Broncos reported this incident to NFL themselves.

McDaniels was fined for not reporting the incident to NFL immediately, not his involvement of video taping.

So why didn't Godell give the Broncos the same punishment then? Seems like a significant discrepency in fines levied to each team wouldn't you say?

You'd have to ask Sir Roger. While you're at it, you can ask him why he didn't levy a fine against the Pats the first time they were caught doing it.

Aye aye aye, never mind. Holy cow.

You should stick to making fun of your other favorite crusade, if not kids with progeria.

Because the current evidence points to a single incident done by Broncos' video director, Steve Scarnecchia, alone. Scarnecchia recorded 49ers' walk-through and when he presented the video to McDaniels, McDenial refused to watch it. Later Broncos reported this incident to NFL themselves.

McDaniels was fined for not reporting the incident to NFL immediately, not his involvement of video taping.

I might point out that, like McDaniels, Belichick never did watch the tape in question nor was he involved in the taping of it.

Further, when handing down the penalty Godell said it was for the Pats taping of the Jets in that game and not for any previous discretion's. Godell's point was that all teams were given the same memo emphasizing that video taping oppositions signals was not to be done and the Pats didn't adhere to said rule emphasis so were being punished accordingly. Presumably, this current Broncos penalty stems from the same memo emphasis.

If so, why the huge discrepancy?

I might point out that, like McDaniels, Belichick never did watch the tape in question nor was he involved in the taping of it.

Further, when handing down the penalty Godell said it was for the Pats taping of the Jets in that game and not for any previous discretion's. Godell's point was that all teams were given the same memo emphasizing that video taping oppositions signals was not to be done and the Pats didn't adhere to said rule emphasis so were being punished accordingly. Presumably, this current Broncos penalty stems from the same memo emphasis.

If so, why the huge discrepancy?

You miss the point. The current evidence points to a single incident done by Broncos' video director, Steve Scarnecchia, ALONE, while it's not the case in spy gate.