Fitzpatrick was "clutch" on the first drive of the...

1billsfan

...3rd quarter. He converted 3 third down passes with the last one going for a 28 yard touchdown to Stevie Johnson. If the Bills don't score on that drive I think they probably would not have one this game. That first drive was THAT important and Fitzpatrick was as "clutch" as it gets when the chips were down.

So for all the doubters who've been calling him a choker, looks like you can shove it.

Edited by 1billsfan

...3rd quarter. He converted 3 third down passes with the last one going for a 28 yard touchdown to Stevie Johnson. If the Bills don't score on that drive I think they probably would not have one this game. That first drive was THAT important and Fitzpatrick was as "clutch" as it gets when the chips were down.

So for all the doubters who've been calling him a choker, looks like you can shove it.

His second TD to Johnson was BRILLIANT.

But he can't make all the throws, so the point is moot. :sick:

His second TD to Johnson was BRILLIANT.

But he can't make all the throws, so the point is moot. :sick:

I don't understand why people don't think Fitzpatrick is capable of improving even more? He's still young. With a full season almost and a full offseason and ota's as the undisputed starter he will get better. Chan can help him with his mechanics and more time will be spent on Ryan Fitzpatrick improving in every possible way instead of splitting time between 3 guys.

Also, with a full draft injection of talent he should have better protection next year. I almost feel like this is a no brainer to install Fitz and build up the trenches.

How he's playing right now is not his limit I don't think, I believe he can and will perform better.

He's not tapped out, why aren't people seeing this?

I don't understand why people don't think Fitzpatrick is capable of improving even more? He's still young. With a full season almost and a full offseason and ota's as the undisputed starter he will get better. Chan can help him with his mechanics and more time will be spent on Ryan Fitzpatrick improving in every possible way instead of splitting time between 3 guys.

Also, with a full draft injection of talent he should have better protection next year. I almost feel like this is a no brainer to install Fitz and build up the trenches.

How he's playing right now is not his limit I don't think, I believe he can and will perform better.

He's not tapped out, why aren't people seeing this?

Fitz could start for the next two years.

Actually Cat I was thinking the next 3.

Not sure how I feel having Brohm behind him at this point unless he is also making this same great improvement.

What I like about Fitz is he never doubts himself.....and he and Chan seem to have this connection biulding. I actually see TWO connections starting to biuld.

Chan to Fitz

Fitz to Johnston

This isnt to say that Fitz doesn't spread the ball around...he does....just kind of a "I need a clutch play Im going to Stevie"

What we need now is to add a PLAYMAKIING TIGHT END THAT CAN BLOCK to the mix......

I love this kid...if he can fix his late game mistakes, there's NO reason why he couldn't be a gritty, blue-collar type starter for us. Today he made his mistakes early in the game and then went apeshit. I like that MUCH better than saving the bad throws for the 4th quarter.

Nice job, Fitzy.

Edited by ajzepp

Chan seriously wasted, WASTED a ton of time on Trent that would have been better used in developing Fitz.

Maybe he was craftier than we think.

A new team, new systems, question marks all over the offence, no help from the defense... this team had an abysmal start written all over it. What happens if Fitz wins the starting job in preseason and the Bills go 0-4, as they probably would have anyway? How long would Chan be able to resist public pressure to dump his preferred guy in favor of a dud?

Maybe he realized that the best way to end the quarterback controversy was to let the incumbant get run out of town, reducing pressure and expectations on the guy he ultimately wanted to develop.

Tricky, tricky Chan.