build around Fitz

chasincars

The Bills have been in a re build mode since when? TOO DAMN LONG !!!!

So, why dont we build around Fitz as out #1 QB ? Why would we want a new QB out of the draft? If they did who would they bench? the team would be set much further back with a draft QB, which there is never a quarentee that he would be able to step up into the NFL. The draft focus should be set around getting the players that they could build upon on defense and offense.

So, why dont we build around Fitz as out #1 QB ? Why would we want a new QB out of the draft? If they did who would they bench? the team would be set much further back with a draft QB, which there is never a quarentee that he would be able to step up into the NFL. The draft focus should be set around getting the players that they could build upon on defense and offense.

obviously because people dont think he's good enough.

i actually agree with you. we have bigger positions to address first. like some damn pass rush. maybin was supposed to be that guy. kyle is doing some good things. but we need more bruce smiths!!!!

We could still draft another QB if it was needed but i would rather have Fitz lead us for the next couple of years possibly and develop a QB rather than making any harsh moves . :doh:

obviously because people dont think he's good enough.

i actually agree with you. we have bigger positions to address first. like some damn pass rush. maybin was supposed to be that guy. kyle is doing some good things. but we need more bruce smiths!!!!

Sa far as Maybin goes they need to move him. I also know his father and I hope to talk with Aaron some time

I agree Fitz is holding his own, we shoud go with the best player out there. We have options!

Fitz is on a decent, not great, career-best run...Lets not get too carried away just yet...If he plays the way he's played since the Balt game the rest of the year there is no way Bills Fans will be as pumped about building around Fitz...So I'm not sure why anyone would decide now that he's the guy...There's 7 Games left in the Season...We'll see...

We would want a new QB because the hope would obviously be we could get a better one than Fitz, one that could lead the Bills to another 10 year plus run like Kelly did...It happens in the NFL...Great QB's still come out, get Drafted high and win Super Bowls...The Manning Brothers and Big Ben are recent examples...It's absolutely nothing against Fitz...There are better QB's, and there will be better QB's than Fitz in the NFL...I don't think that is disputable whatsoever...

If the Bills Draft a QB Fitz would still have a good chance to start in 2011, but likely would move back to #2 in 2012...He'll make a GREAT mentor and Back-up and the Bills would be insane to let him go...

Saying that Drafting a QB would set this Franchise behind is just misinformed speculative nonsense...Drafting THE WRONG QB could set the Franchise behind...Drafting the right one could catapult The Bills into Title contention in a couple years...There are no guarantees with any Draftee at any Position...The NFL is a risky business...You do your homework and make your decisions based on that hard work...But you darn sure better have a good QB if you expect to win...Everybody knows the re-building process is a heck of a lot easier with the right QB...If The Bills have a chance to Draft Luck or Mallett they pretty much have to take that chance...Because if they pass, and those 2 end up being the next Eli and Rivers, THAT will likely set the Bills back worse than anything...The Bills need a new face to build this Franchise around...Fitz may be that guy if they can't get in the position to get a QB high in the 2011 Draft...But I don't think there is any way they pass on Luck or Mallett if they are available when the Bills are on the clock...They are going to Draft a Top QB Prospect if they get that chance..They've all but promised as much...I really don't know why that would bother any Bills Fan...They are going to shoot for greatness..And that's exactly what they should do at this point... B-)

I think Fitz will play us right out of a top pick anyway. So if we pick a QB it will not be Luck, so why dock around with a project when we need help elsewhere?

PTR

That's definitely a possibility...And if that's what happens I'm guessing The Bills can do worse than Fitz...But I don't think there is any way they pass on Luck or Mallett if they get the chance to Draft either...If they don't get that chance then it's a D-Lineman, O-Lineman or a LB I imagine... B-)

A top 5 pick is almost guaranteed at this point. If the Bills don't go QB with that high pick (which is unlikely, given RW's statements earlier this year) then there's only two positions that deserve that high a pick: left tackle or pass rusher (de or olb). I dont think there's a Suh type talent at interior defensive line this year to warrant that high a pick.

There's economic factors to consider as well though, and that's why ralph will mandate a QB with the first round pick, no matter what fitz does the rest of the year. Wilson has already said as much on the record. I am not saying i agree, i am just reading the tea leaves as i see them. Even if fitz posts good, respectable numbers the rest of the season, the bills will still go QB, and that QB will probably be Mallett.

I'm with ya. Fitz is playing well. He is also developed and used to the speed of the game and the PRO game. He knows the offense and how to audible to take advantage of situations. If we can get better blocking, maybe some better receivers, and a better defense we can be a playoff team soon. If we draft someone in round 1 and throw him in and he doesn't pan out, we've wasted another 2 or 3 years. If it works out, great, but we STILL need OLine and defense etc.

He continues to get better. This time next year if he's still in there and has better protection and defense, we'd be in fine shape.

You could draft a QB in 3rd round or so, or maybe just pick up another decent QB to backup. Someone like Kolb maybe.

So yeah, build around Fitz.

Nice post. I agree they should build around Fitz and use the draft which will make our lines bigger, faster and stronger.

Nope...RW said QB in the draft.

If they have the oppertunity to draft a QB the is a shoe in to be a great then they need to take him. If there is any question on the QBs avalible when they pick then trading back for more picks would be a better option. If they pass on top QB this draft and improve the team just enough and not get another chance for a top 5 pick the following year. All in all I think that the draft takls are too early, the college season is not over and we dont know what the draft order is going to be.

HOW MANY QB'S HAVE THEY HAD SINCE KELLY? AND WHO MADE KELLY BETTER? THE O LINE.....

That's HILARIOUS!

Jim Kelly was great O-Line, or no O-Line...He got sacked a half a million times in the USFL and still put up MVP Numbers...

I know it's easy to invoke the name of Kelly as a Bills Fan when you are trying to make a point, but once again I have to say PLEASE stop comparing Fitz and Kelly in any way, shape, or form...There is NO comparison between the two no matter how you spin it...NONE!...You folks who keep bringing back the Kelly years actually have it EXACTLY opposite...If we want to make comparisons to Kelly than The Bills HAVE to Draft a QB high because that's the only possibility they are going to get someone who may someday be comparable to a 1st Ballot Hall Of Fame QB... :wallbash:

You're doing a disservice to Kelly's legacy when you make these points IMHO...I know that's not the intention, but I think we've forgotten how good Jim Kelly really was, and how those QB come around once in a Lifetime for a lot of Teams... B-)

RW NEEDS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS. HOW MANY QB'S HAVE THEY HAD SINCE KELLY? AND WHO MADE KELLY BETTER? THE O LINE.....

Kelly is a HOF QB. Kelly got to the HOF because of his skills, not because of Hull and Ballard. Fitz will never come within 500 miles of the HOF. don't compare the two you look completely foolish doing so.

I'm just pointing out a fact - Wilson said on record the team will focus on getting a QB in the draft. Whining in all caps ain't gonna change that fact.

Kelly is a HOF QB. Kelly got to the HOF because of his skills, not because of Hull and Ballard. Fitz will never come within 500 miles of the HOF. don't compare the two you look completely foolish doing so.

I'm just pointing out a fact - Wilson said on record the team will focus on getting a QB in the draft. Whining in all caps ain't gonna change that fact.

Exactly!

Thank You! B-)

RW NEEDS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS. HOW MANY QB'S HAVE THEY HAD SINCE KELLY? AND WHO MADE KELLY BETTER? THE O LINE.....

Yep.

People forget (or don't know) that the Bills had made substantial progress towards better OL and DL b4 Kelly came to the team in '86

People forget (or don't know) that the Colts had made substantial progress towards better OL and DL b4 drafting Manning.

People forget (or don't know) that the Rams had made substantial progress towards a better OL and DL with top picks the last few years, b4 drafting Bradford.

I, too, would like to see the Bills draft a true drop-your-jaw, "who is this guy?" top-tier QB.

Where I and some others differ, is I think that's not the Bills biggest need right now, nor the best strategy to take a QB whose career can be shot with one hit, b4 you have the OL to protect him and the DL to get the ball back in his hands a lot while he learns. So I say OL and DL first.

I also agree RW may force "best QB available" in the draft.

Fitz seems to thrive on being out there every week saying "get off me, b****!" and "nice hit", throwing blocks, and having the game on him.

Am I the only one who has considered: he is far from the worst starting QB in the league right now. If he continues to play at this level,

he will likely get offers to start elsewhere when his contract is up, and he may prefer that to staying in B'lo as "Mr Backup Mentor Dude"?