New unis for 2012?

bills44

I like the helmet, I like the throw back blue. I don't like the mixup of logos (choose one, go with it). I don't like the undershirt. I don't like the font.

Solutions: solid color undershirt, traditional number, get rid of the logo above the numbers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm inclined to think that we can't do any worse than our current unis, mainly because of that awkward and weak-looking bib-like border across the chest. But this again seems over-designed to me. Football uniforms should be understated, not attention-getting clown suits. I think the best uniforms are the ones that are simple. Like the Bears' unis. Simple, tough.

+1

There 5 five DIFFERENT sets of stripes on this uni. I like the helmet and I'd move the old-school Standing Buffalo to the shoulders/upper arms. Other than that -- SIMPLIFY!

Look at hockey. You went from the 1980's where everyone had a nice, simple classic jersey, to this crap:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.atjerseys.com/pic/20109911535942813.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.atjerseys.com/views/%3FAtlanta-Thrashers-17-Ilya-Kovalchuk-Stitched-Blue-Home-Jersey-17049.html&usg=__rgAblMTQguOI1--fInJcmaS7qfw=&h=299&w=400&sz=39&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=KiPm5-kPQVRlnM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=161&prev=/images%3Fq%3Datlanta%2Bthrashers%2Bhome%2Bjersey%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1680%26bih%3D863%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=416&ei=H5zlTI3rD5SanAeq1I2PDQ&oei=H5zlTI3rD5SanAeq1I2PDQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:26,s:0&tx=87&ty=41

Why does this new generation love things that suck? Is anything sacred anymore?

Hey lets make the jerseys hang lower in the front and in the back and make the arms skinny! Awesome. You know kids, newer isn't always better. There's something to be said for tradition. Or else there used to be.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

It's kool, but no silver. We don't want to look like the stupid patriots or cowboys.

Most NFL throwbacks are all horrible. Time to go cutting edge to futuristic. It says America.. Our sport. Football.

It's kool, but no silver. We don't want to look like the stupid patriots or cowboys.

Most NFL throwbacks are all horrible. Time to go cutting edge to futuristic. It says America.. Our sport. Football.

and change the number font they're not so bad.

What? that number font is a classic throwback to the Disco-Fever history of the Bills! or something...

There's no Maple Leaf ANYWHERE on these!

yeah, it's printed on the inside, so they can just wear em inside-out for toronto games.

Edited by dgrid

Nike Pro Combat Uniform Designs

http://lulzimg.com/i8/f8b49b80.png

I don't think anyone has explained the relevance. Do you know? What is a Nike Pro Combat Uniform Design? Is it the equivilant of a concept car?

Is this a design actually being considered? Is it a trial balloon to guage fan reaction? Is it the work of some computer geek with nothing better to do than indulge in his gay little 21st century version of playing with paper dolls?

So, someone has a web site with this link. Whatsit mean?

And my 2 cents about the design - sometimes less is better. (use best queer guy voice) It's just too busy. To many stripes.

Edited by DML2005

From what i understand, the pro combat unis are concept designs Nike developed using their new, lighter fabric. A handful of colleges tested out the uniforms this season, wearing them for one of their games. Oregon and TCU were a couple of the schools that participated in the testing.

It remains to be seen if the pro combat unis are fully adopted by college or pro programs.

The bills mockup looks odd to me, fwiw.

I love it. The throwback uni blue is sweet, and I like the white helmets with the newer logo. SOLID.

These are cool...Essentially the thowback with the new logo on white helmet. A good blend of the 60's thru early 90's unis...I would take off the standing logo in the middle of the jersey though...maybe put it on the shoulder, or dump it altogether. And YES 100% better than the aweful unis they have now.

+1

There 5 five DIFFERENT sets of stripes on this uni. I like the helmet and I'd move the old-school Standing Buffalo to the shoulders/upper arms. Other than that -- SIMPLIFY!

I like the helmet ok too and if you have the standing Buffalo at all it goes on the (one) shoulder. I like a dark blue. red and white combo but not like what we wear now. The big ass strips on the socks and arms are just plain stupid and don't harmonize with the rest of the design at all. The font .... meh

IMO the skinny strips on the throw backs are cool. They could change the helmet to blue and ditch the charging buffalo to something a bit better, maybe a tad retro. I'm thinking maybe more like the old hockey Bisons in a white oval field (the one w/ the buffalo holding a hockey stick, so no hockey stick and not a brown bison) Even the UB Bulls had a better Buffalo in my opinion. The one they use now looks like a backwards sabres buffalo with a swish through it,

Before I joined a couple years ago there was a person who posted some pretty nice designs, isn't this an off-season topic? :ph34r: