DeSean Jackson comment

xsoldier54

Discussing the pre-game altercation between the Redskins and Eagles, Jackson had this to say "The pregame altercation got us going. It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped," Jackson said. "We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage." I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Maybe he should have chosen a different analogy given the history of the guy who was throwing him the ball.

Wow, it is really wild to hear how little thought he put into that comment. And as a sidebar, that statement did not bother me as much as watching him turn around and run backwards into the endzone after his 88 yr. TD catch on the first play of the game. That drives me bonkers. I keep thinking of the ego these guys have getting in the way of them finishing the play. For example, Suh for Detroit a few weeks ago verse the Redskins dancing around before crossing the goaline almost had the ball stripped. I think of Thurman Thomas saying, act like you've been there before, and none of these guys do that. I just hope someone pulls a Don Bebbee when he stripped Leon Lett-type of play soon so these guys pay atention to finishing the play before celebrating.

Wow, it is really wild to hear how little thought he put into that comment. And as a sidebar, that statement did not bother me as much as watching him turn around and run backwards into the endzone after his 88 yr. TD catch on the first play of the game. That drives me bonkers. I keep thinking of the ego these guys have getting in the way of them finishing the play. For example, Suh for Detroit a few weeks ago verse the Redskins dancing around before crossing the goaline almost had the ball stripped. I think of Thurman Thomas saying, act like you've been there before, and none of these guys do that. I just hope someone pulls a Don Bebbee when he stripped Leon Lett-type of play soon so these guys pay atention to finishing the play before celebrating.

The video of this should be shown to anyone who hot-dogs it into the end zone, even if there was no chance that a defender would catch them.

And it's Don Beebe.

Remember his rookie year when he dropped the ball a yard before the goal line assuming that he had scored? That was CLASSIC!!!

:oops:

Edited by tbonestake

Remember his rookie year when he dropped the ball a yard before the goal line assuming that he had scored? That was CLASSIC!!!

:oops:

:thumbsup:

That was almost as good as Plaxico Burress making a diving catch, placing the ball on the ground w/o being touched, then jumping up to celebrate his remarkable achievement.

This DeSean Jackson gem is good... but I still think my favorite Mike Vick/dogfighting quote of all time came from good ole' T. Pryor from THE OHIO STATE:

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever."

Whereas I see nothing wrong with the Jackson quote (regardless of Vick's past, I don't see who or what it is offending) and I own a beautiful pitbull. Most spoiled girl on Earth, too. However, this Pryor guy.... If Buffalo ends up drafting him, I'll never buy another ticket for them again. What an idiot. I hope he breaks his throwing arm next weekend.

Edited by kas23

Whereas I see nothing wrong with the Jackson quote (regardless of Vick's past, I don't see who or what it is offending) and I own a beautiful pitbull. Most spoiled girl on Earth, too. However, this Pryor guy.... If Buffalo ends up drafting him, I'll never buy another ticket for them again. What an idiot. I hope he breaks his throwing arm next weekend.

Wow, dont you think thats a bit harsh? I dont like him because he isnt a good QB, but he really hasnt done anything other than say something dumb in front of the media.

For example, Suh for Detroit a few weeks ago verse the Redskins dancing around before crossing the goaline almost had the ball stripped. I think of Thurman Thomas saying, act like you've been there before, and none of these guys do that.

Had he been there before? As far as I can tell that was Suh's first NFL touchdown. Stupid move to celebrate before getting into the endzone, but it's also kind of stupid move to tell a rookie DT not to be excited about scoring a TD! Boneheaded moves are expected from rookies, and he probably learned a lesson from it.

On a side note, I'm all for celebrations as long as it's for an actual achievement. Stevie celebrating a TD, okay. Maybin celebrating an assisted tackle makes him look like a douche. The No Fun League is bad enough, it shouldn't spread to the guys on the field too.

Rumor has it, that the Redskins guys (Landry and Hall) were taunting Jackson before the game about the concussion he had a few weeks back. I know DeSean is a showboater anyway, but I would guess that had something to do with his actions.

It's not like his comment was well thought-out or anything. Keep in mind a lot of these players speak before thinking. Pryor probably opened his mouth and said whatever came to his mind before realizing how silly it would make him look (if he even realized that).

I wouldn't want the Bills to draft him because he's apparently not the brightest bulb on the tree, not because he truly believes that everyone in this world kills someone.

Discussing the pre-game altercation between the Redskins and Eagles, Jackson had this to say "The pregame altercation got us going. It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped," Jackson said. "We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage." I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Maybe he should have chosen a different analogy given the history of the guy who was throwing him the ball.

As bad as it looks, I would think that this was almost a good thing for Vick...shows they are not thinking about or focusing on his past, they just see their teams QB...

Still, not the best comment given the circumstances, but like I said I think its more of a sign that the team has moved on and his past is his past...

I see nothing wrong with the comment. Because Mike Vick was convicted of killing dogs, Deshean Jackson isn't allowed to use a pretty coherent dog-related idiom?

I said I thought it was funny. Just a bit ironic, don't you think? C'mon man lighten up.

You're missing the point. I posted the quote because I thought it was funny. I'm sure Jackson didn't even make the connection. Just thought it was worth a chuckle.