Article : Security firm at Bills games fined by state

Just Jack

Security firm at Bills games fined by state

A company that provides game-day security for Buffalo Bills games at Ralph Wilson Stadium has been fined $194,000 by the state for employing unregistered security guards and violating other sections of state business law.

The decision and hefty fine also call into question the possibility — even if it’s remote — that the Bills could be scrambling at the last minute to find part of a new security force for their next home game, Nov. 14 against the Detroit Lions.

While working security at the games, the Apex guards wear lime-green jackets bearing the words “Sheriff,” “Deputy Sheriff” or “Police,” according to testimony in the case. “The security guards working at the stadium are not hired or paid by the Erie County Sheriff’s Office,” the administrative law judge stated in his decision. “They are security guards employed and paid by . . . Apex. Therefore, they are not permitted to wear jackets containing the terms ‘Police’ or ‘Sheriff.’ ”

Edited by Just Jack

Security firm at Bills games fined by state

A company that provides game-day security for Buffalo Bills games at Ralph Wilson Stadium has been fined $194,000 by the state for employing unregistered security guards and violating other sections of state business law.

The decision and hefty fine also call into question the possibility — even if it’s remote — that the Bills could be scrambling at the last minute to find part of a new security force for their next home game, Nov. 14 against the Detroit Lions.

While working security at the games, the Apex guards wear lime-green jackets bearing the words “Sheriff,” “Deputy Sheriff” or “Police,” according to testimony in the case. “The security guards working at the stadium are not hired or paid by the Erie County Sheriff’s Office,” the administrative law judge stated in his decision. “They are security guards employed and paid by . . . Apex. Therefore, they are not permitted to wear jackets containing the terms ‘Police’ or ‘Sheriff.’ ”

It is about time this was stopped! I was at a game a long time ago, maybe mid-teens, and saw a guy in one of those jackets and told him that I just saw a little kid who looked lost and didn't know what was going on and he ignored me. Eventually, I started to talk to him and bug him and he finally said that he "was not hired to do that sort of thing and I need to remove myself from his presence or face serious trouble." I remember the quote because I was shocked, I had never been talked to like that by an authority.

Also, there used to be a guy, maybe mid 20's who'd work the game, maybe 6' and 150lbs. He would wear those mesh gloves that fighters would use while standing in the aisles. It was hilarious. At 17 I would have taken the kid. Comparing Bills security to any other game is a joke!

Damn, Just Jack beat me to it!

.....maybe we can take down the goalposts too like years ago when we beat the Jets I think, or was it Miami? My buddy still has a piece of the net from that game.

Miami, 1980. I think Nick Mike-Mayer kicked the winner. I'll never forget Mike-Mayer as he was the reason we lost Super Bowl 25. Connect those dots.

Miami, 1980. I think Nick Mike-Mayer kicked the winner. I'll never forget Mike-Mayer as he was the reason we lost Super Bowl 25. Connect those dots.

Admittedly, I had to cheat (Wikipedia) but here goes:

1982, Bills draft Gary Anderson, then cut him in training camp in favor of Mike-Mayer.

Anderson goes on to have an all pro career elsewhere

when the Bills need a new PK, they sign Scott Norwood in 1985

In superbowl XXV, Norwood infamously misses the winning field goal attempt wide right

You believe had the Bills kept Gary Anderson, he makes that kick

1982, Bills draft Gary Anderson, then cut him in training camp in favor of Mike-Mayer.

In superbowl XXV, Norwood infamously misses the winning field goal attempt wide right

you guys suddenly made this a good thread.......nice work

Wow. I did not know that juicy, albeit, depressing piece of Bill's history. My day sucks a little bit more now.