Fitz and his accuracy (or lack of)

Fitz could be a franchise QB if he were more accurate. He has the right attitude and leadership. What kills him is his wild throws. Last in the 4th he underthrew Lee Evans and was picked off. Hit Lee in stride and it's 6. Same with David Nelson. He had an open lane to the endzone but he had to dive back for the a underthrown pass. That 4th down throw to Parrish was thrown too far outside than it needed to be.

PTR

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shhh. Don't slow him down, he's on a anti-Fitz rampage.

I'm not sticking up for Fitz or anyone. This was a team loss. Even our steady players made dumb mistakes. That is what makes bad teams bad. A great drive gets derailed by a fumble. A PAT is missed that sets a chain of events in motion that costs you the game. A defensive penalty on a 3rd down play. Etc etc etc.

PTR

Shhh. Don't slow him down, he's on a anti-Fitz rampage.

Like that's gonna slow me down. Fitz sucks, Edwards sucks, Brohm sucks, Losman sucks, Johnson sucks.....etc. This team hasn't had a winning QB in eons. It's not a rampage, it's the truth and if people can't grasp that, then keep dreaming. This is Fitz's 3rd team in 6 years....hmm, sounds like a franchise QB to me. :doh:

I'm not sticking up for Fitz or anyone. This was a team loss. Even our steady players made dumb mistakes. That is what makes bad teams bad. A great drive gets derailed by a fumble. A PAT is missed that sets a chain of events in motion that costs you the game. A defensive penalty on a 3rd down play. Etc etc etc.

PTR

I agree totally. We didn't lose the game because of Fitz or any one person in particular. On the positive side, we have shown a lot of promise in the recent weeks. I know we haven't gotten the results we are looking for and we are still winless, but I have hope for this team for the future, as that is all that really matters at this point.

I agree totally. We didn't lose the game because of Fitz or any one person in particular. On the positive side, we have shown a lot of promise in the recent weeks. I know we haven't gotten the results we are looking for and we are still winless, but I have hope for this team for the future, as that is all that really matters at this point.

At this point who cares about another loss? We aren't making the playoffs so keep losing for a better draft pick.

PTR

At this point who cares about another loss? We aren't making the playoffs so keep losing for a better draft pick.

PTR

Well if we don't go 0-16 we might be screwed. Carolina is just pitiful and are getting worse by the week.

PTR

I'm with you on this. And we will get flamed for not being a "good fan" because of this, but if you look at the reality of the situation and the long-term picture, having the top draft pick is a huge opportunity for us.

I'm with you on this. And we will get flamed for not being a "good fan" because of this, but if you look at the reality of the situation and the long-term picture, having the top draft pick is a huge opportunity for us.

Don't get me wrong. I'd prefer they win every game, but I'm not banging my head into a wall if they don't.

PTR

Anybody questioning Fit'z accuracy should watch the replays of our LT Meridith getting beat by all 3 DEs that played against him. watch the last play on the INT. Meridith is as useless on offense as Kelsay is on defense. he has to be worst LT in NFL> Totally useless today.

One problem, Bell was playing LT and did a decent job against (arguably) the best DE in the league.

Anybody questioning Fit'z accuracy should watch the replays of our LT Bell getting beat by all 3 DEs that played against him. watch the last play on the INT. Bell is as useless on offense as Kelsay is on defense. he has to be worst LT in NFL> Totally useless today.

And what does this have to do with Fitzpatrick's inaccuracy? He has been inaccurate for 6 years.

I actually have been very impressed with Fitz this year.

You guys who criticize him hold him to a much higher, unfair standard. He's not a "franchise" QB (i.e., a guy who will drive your team down the field with the game on the line for the winning score), and doesn't pretend to be one. But he's solid, moves the chains, actually gives us production from our WR's, etc.

On most teams, he would be a marginal starter or excellent back-up. On a team stacked with talent, he would easily be a playoff caliber QB. I mean, put that guy on the Jets, and he'd probably make the pro bowl.

This was the first game i thought to myself we cant win consitently with Fitz. I love the guy as a player and i love his attitude but his accuracy on some throws today was just plain bad. Manning wins this game by 10, Brady wins by 10

We outplayed the Bears but we couldnt connect on some big plays and that killed us. The Defense played well enough to win but Fitz just missed to many times and it cost us.

Maybe Gailey can work with him but right now i dont see anyway you can pass up a franchise qb in the draft