The Great Chris Kelsay Mystery

BillsPhan

In today's Buff News, not surprisingly, they featured an article about how the "Toronto-Buffalo" series is working out. What does surprise me, no...what shocks me, is the author used yet another quote from Chris Kelsay to be able to complete the damn thing!..."We're getting a little more accustomed to it," said linebacker Chris Kelsay. "But there's obviously a big difference between playing up there and playing before our home fans here in Buffalo. Hopefully we can make it a home game. It obviously falls on our shoulders, playing good football and giving them something to get excited about." What on earth does Kelsay do within the organization to deserve this amazing "leader of the team" role he has in the media? Does he work on the side in tele-sales? Does he drive the team bus to and from the airport? Is he the "illegitimate love child" of Ralph Wilson? Because for the life of me, I have not watched a less effective defensive player start every game week after week, season after season, then Chris Kelsay.

Now that he has secured his contract extension, I suppose we will be forced to watch him start at some front 7 position, continuing to make zero tackles until the 4th quarter where he piles onto one sack and recovers one fumble every 4 games or so, all the while getting faked out of his shoes 9 times each game, for the next 5 or 6 years, eh?

But the deperate media will continue to ask his opinion of every single subject Bills-related year in and year out, as if he is the wise sage like combination of Mike Stratton, Jim Haslet, Biscuit Bennet and Bruce Smith.

For whatever it's worth, after playing two consecutive close OT games on the road, I have a feeling the Bills will lay their annual egg in Toronto today, and get defeated easily. But worse then that, we will all once again watch Kelsay look slow, over persue at the most basic cut-back running plays, get easily beat on pass patterns by any receiver, including tackle eligibles on the freakin' goal line or 4th and less then ones the Bears decide to try, and in general give the hands-down performance of the very worst defensive player on either team yet again.

And after all of that, the media will rush to his locker and question him for his quotes as if he was the defensive MVP. One day I swear this stiff will go up on the Bills wall, and not a single fan will have a clue how in the world he did it. :w00t::doh:

In today's Buff News, not surprisingly, they featured an article about how the "Toronto-Buffalo" series is working out. What does surprise me, no...what shocks me, is the author used yet another quote from Chris Kelsay to be able to complete the damn thing!..."We're getting a little more accustomed to it," said linebacker Chris Kelsay. "But there's obviously a big difference between playing up there and playing before our home fans here in Buffalo. Hopefully we can make it a home game. It obviously falls on our shoulders, playing good football and giving them something to get excited about." What on earth does Kelsay do within the organization to deserve this amazing "leader of the team" role he has in the media? Does he work on the side in tele-sales? Does he drive the team bus to and from the airport? Is he the "illegitimate love child" of Ralph Wilson? Because for the life of me, I have not watched a less effective defensive player start every game week after week, season after season, then Chris Kelsay.

Now that he has secured his contract extension, I suppose we will be forced to watch him start at some front 7 position, continuing to make zero tackles until the 4th quarter where he piles onto one sack and recovers one fumble every 4 games or so, all the while getting faked out of his shoes 9 times each game, for the next 5 or 6 years, eh?

But the deperate media will continue to ask his opinion of every single subject Bills-related year in and year out, as if he is the wise sage like combination of Mike Stratton, Jim Haslet, Biscuit Bennet and Bruce Smith.

For whatever it's worth, after playing two consecutive close OT games on the road, I have a feeling the Bills will lay their annual egg in Toronto today, and get defeated easily. But worse then that, we will all once again watch Kelsay look slow, over persue at the most basic cut-back running plays, get easily beat on pass patterns by any receiver, including tackle eligibles on the freakin' goal line or 4th and less then ones the Bears decide to try, and in general give the hands-down performance of the very worst defensive player on either team yet again.

And after all of that, the media will rush to his locker and question him for his quotes as if he was the defensive MVP. One day I swear this stiff will go up on the Bills wall, and not a single fan will have a clue how in the world he did it. :w00t::doh:

+1

Chris Kelsay must have some major leverage over Ralph Wilson. He must have something on him, whether it's incriminating or monetary, remains to be seen. But he obviously has something. It's the only logical explanation for continually extending his contract with lucrative numbers that significantly over-pay him.

But, but, but.. according to dayman and polish lover, two of the posters on this board, giving Kelsay that extension was a solid move. "We can't replace everyone on defense." "Kelsay makes an average of what the players at his position make." "Kelsay is a hard worker, loyal, and a great special teams player." All arguments they tried to use to convince me Kelsay is not a waste of a roster spot. Anyone who agrees with the extension, doesn't have an idea of how to build a winning program. Any good GM would have waited until the end of the year, after which Kelsay would have played 16 games at OLB, assessed his play and then compensated him accordingly, or allowed him to walk. That's what good GMs do..

I can understand the knocks on his play, but trying to explain how these these two topics are in anyway related is baffling. Did you ever think that while his play may suck, he is smart enough to give a decent anwser to a question that the media can use.

Not everything is a conspiricy with secret meanings as many here seem to think.

But, but, but.. according to dayman and polish lover, two of the posters on this board, giving Kelsay that extension was a solid move. "We can't replace everyone on defense." "Kelsay makes an average of what the players at his position make." "Kelsay is a hard worker, loyal, and a great special teams player." All arguments they tried to use to convince me Kelsay is not a waste of a roster spot. Anyone who agrees with the extension, doesn't have an idea of how to build a winning program. Any good GM would have waited until the end of the year, after which Kelsay would have played 16 games at OLB, assessed his play and then compensated him accordingly, or allowed him to walk. That's what good GMs do..

On the bolded: Tim Graham's research exposed that Kelsay is the highest paid 31 year old OLB in the entire NFL.

Give Kelsay credit. He is consistantly bad. Not teasing us with a big play once in a while. Every game, he seems lost and not even aware that he should try to tackle the ball carrier. I am amazed each and every defensive play.

Are you saying hes not like Poz that sucks until he makes 1 good play and everyone forgets about the 12 he messed up on?

Are you saying hes not like Poz that sucks until he makes 1 good play and everyone forgets about the 12 he messed up on?

i guess the 18 tackles he made against KC counts for nothing. Before you blame poz just look at his surrounding cast. I dont see one starter on any other team in the NFL. ITs not POZ fault that his teammates suck and bring down his play.

i guess the 18 tackles he made against KC counts for nothing. Before you blame poz just look at his surrounding cast. I dont see one starter on any other team in the NFL. ITs not POZ fault that his teammates suck and bring down his play.

Thank you. It is pretty obvious if you have an once of football knowledge. Is he supposed to play for 2 all the time?

On the bolded: Tim Graham's research exposed that Kelsay is the highest paid 31 year old OLB in the entire NFL.

OMG!!!

There would have been a time when something like that would have made me sick, but I am beginning to hate this organization and the team I used to love.

Damn

Ill beat the pile of bones that is this dead horse, but there are a minimum of 50 LBs either on the street or on someones practice squad that could out perform Kelsay. Why he wasnt cut eons ago is beyond me. He has never once been good, not even as a LDE. Ryan Denney always out performed him (even though he still stunk).

I honestly hate Kelsay.

I'm sure part of the reason for that is that the CBA doesn't let you extend a player AND cut his salary - to extend him, they'd have to offer him equal or greater than what's in his current contract.

Which doesn't excuse extending him to begin with...just the pricing of it.

The whole team is pretty bad which includes Poz as well. I saw Poz make a few stops today as did others, but at the same time Cutler made a huge 3rd down run right through Poz territory. There were big mistakes. He seemed quite challenged in calling the defensive plays. I remember seeing when he waved the defense in one direction and the play went in the other.

I can understand why CG has Andra Davis making the defensive calls instead of Poz. The announcers made a comment as well saying that the Poz and the defense looked confused.