Comments on Chargers Message board

Read through some of these comments

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=84858

Here one I found on their board...

"Buddy nix probably had alot to do with drafting merriman. And knows him well from being on the team. I hope it works out for both. It will be interesting to see if merriman was dogging it this year to just get released. I'm guessing he was. I won't be surprised if jackson does the same thing now seeing how well it worked for merriman. Though jackson seems a little slow in the brain department to figure things out."

Heres another..

Actually Buffalo is pretty smart, they are basically hoping to make Merriman the cornerstone of their defense and hopefully entice him to stick around a few extra years...

Glad he isn't going to an AFC West team... Usually when a player leaves San Diego he gets better.

Edited by Another Point of View

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you this, Charger fans LOVED Merriman.

To me, that means a lot! It means more than anything that comes from any of the network talking heads. The hardcore fans are the ones who actually watch every snap and base their opinions on real evidence instead of soundbites.

Fans here LOVED Trent Edwards, some LOVED Losman....................

The reaction to Merriman leaving in that Chargers thread is not even remotely close to the reaction for the Edwards/Losman departures. Probably 90%+ of Bills fans basically said "Good riddance!" to Trent and JP.

Sure go ahead. Compare fans loving a three time pro bowler to.....hmmm, what did those two accomplish??

UmmmmHELLLO!!!!! UFL Championship? :doh:

:w00t:

I live in LA, and I have listened to plenty of San Diego radio., and remember as far back as when he was first drafted. Merriman was NOT well thought of by many fans, and definitely not by the Chargers Org. He was a big pain in the azz.

Any professional athlete has people that are negative on them. However I know for a fact the majority of Charger fans loved Merriman.

They did at one time. not anymore.

Well of course not, he plays for Buffalo. :doh: