Losman not giving up...

brenty

sorry if someone posted this... but losman worked out with redskins... I will laugh if they pick him up.

I really feel bad for this guy, strike out after strike out. I kinda have a small small small part of me that would like to see him get picked up, and dumped again.

oh well

GO BILLS!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bcf50b/article/former-raiders-qb-russell-works-out-for-redskins?module=HP_headlines

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Post!!! Long time reader though.

I kinda know what you mean, Losman has seemed destined to fail imo. I really do feel bad for him too, I could see him being an absolute great if he had proper coaching and some protection. But hey no point regretting the past decisions anymore, hope he gets some luck and a few breaks seemed like a pretty good guy so hey best of luck to you J.P!!!!!

(But not you Mr.Trent)

Why would he quit trying? the dude has been playing football his whole life, i doubt he has anything else going for him. Plus will millions in the bank its not like he would want to work a normal job.

I personally hope he fails at whatever he does seeing as he as set this franchise back a decade.

sorry if someone posted this... but losman worked out with redskins... I will laugh if they pick him up.

I really feel bad for this guy, strike out after strike out. I kinda have a small small small part of me that would like to see him get picked up, and dumped again.

oh well

GO BILLS!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bcf50b/article/former-raiders-qb-russell-works-out-for-redskins?module=HP_headlines

Why do you want to see him get cut again? He was a model NFL player off the field for us , was always professional , and was a true competitor. I'd love to see him get signed and play well somewhere.

I personally hope he fails at whatever he does seeing as he as set this franchise back a decade.

Why the hatred?

Granted I was rough on JP while he was here, but that is because dude was an awful QB for the Bills and is at best an NFL 3rd stringer. But hoping he fails at whatever he does? Like the MNF crew says, C'mon Man?

The NFL thing didn't work out, I just hope he has some other marketable skills than football. Either way I wish JP well in whatever he does.

Why would he quit trying? the dude has been playing football his whole life, i doubt he has anything else going for him. Plus will millions in the bank its not like he would want to work a normal job.

Dude,

You need therapy. Hopefully you are already institutionalized...

If they sign him, I'll bet Tom Donahoe will say to himself, "That's a great pickup." Just like he said to ESPN when the Jags signed OT Mike Williams, who went on to do nothing for them as he did nothing for us.

Why would anyone have ill will towards a player who simply didn't perform as well as we hoped he would? The guy really did his best to give back to the community and seemed like a stand up guy.

Hey, I agree, and nobody SHOULD be making any personal comments about current or former players. But as far as sucking as football players, it's open season and they're all game. BUT, when it comes to a failure of work ethic, then I don't so much mind personal attacks. Because there's no excuse for collecting that kind of money and showing no passion or true intent to do absolutely everything you can to win games. No distractions, football. And many stories had JP being unfocused and cocky - he had no sense for the kind of work it takes to succeed. He thought too highly of himself, and that's often an attribute of the lazy.

Why do you want to see him get cut again? He was a model NFL player off the field for us , was always professional , and was a true competitor. I'd love to see him get signed and play well somewhere.

Ditto,... its unfortunate he hasn't been successful, but not a bad guy.

If they sign him, I'll bet Tom Donahoe will say to himself, "That's a great pickup." Just like he said to ESPN when the Jags signed OT Mike Williams, who went on to do nothing for them as he did nothing for us.

Hey, I agree, and nobody SHOULD be making any personal comments about current or former players. But as far as sucking as football players, it's open season and they're all game. BUT, when it comes to a failure of work ethic, then I don't so much mind personal attacks. Because there's no excuse for collecting that kind of money and showing no passion or true intent to do absolutely everything you can to win games. No distractions, football. And many stories had JP being unfocused and cocky - he had no sense for the kind of work it takes to succeed. He thought too highly of himself, and that's often an attribute of the lazy.

you are an arshole and a duch ...i also dont beleive in personal comments but as far as sucking at posting its open season and they are all game...and you just suck

Well i personally said i have a small small small hope for him to get signed but get cut. Reason why, I have to say, most cuts buffalo does is actually a smart move... IM NOT SAYING ALL! But when we cut people who did great for us and we all freak out of why we cut him and then they just look awful, its kinda a good feeling, that buffalo saw something that we didnt like. So i have just that feeling that i dont want to see someone who was sooo ****ty on our team, and all of a sudden he is signed and has a chance (which i dont think will ever happen) and be awesome.

thats just me.

I still can't figure out why the 'Skins went to great lengths to sign John Beck as their third QB this summer? For some reason Kyle Shanahan loves him. Beck is quite possibly the worst QB i've ever seen play NFL football. The game he started at Buffalo a few years ago was a one man blooper reel. His other starts were woeful. IMO, JP Losman is a better QB hands down over Beck.

I know a guy who spent several years trying to make an NFL team. Ultimately it didn't work out for him.

Right now Losman is in the same position that guy had been in a few years ago, with a few exceptions. The first round pedigree means he'll get more chances than he otherwise would have received. It also means that unlike the guy I know, Losman doesn't have to worry about money. And it may mean that for Losman, failure to even make an NFL roster would be harder to take, because there's a difference between falling from grace and being an undrafted college player trying to make the final roster cut.

I still can't figure out why the 'Skins went to great lengths to sign John Beck as their third QB this summer? For some reason Kyle Shanahan loves him. Beck is quite possibly the worst QB i've ever seen play NFL football. The game he started at Buffalo a few years ago was a one man blooper reel. His other starts were woeful. IMO, JP Losman is a better QB hands down over Beck.

You can't evaluate a player based on one game. Beck just needs to start more games to see what he's got.

I agree. He has talent. I think with proper coaching he could succeed. Awesome of him to keep on trying.