I'm Glad Shanahan Did Not Want To Come Here

While I am disappointed with the Bills not landing a big name head coach like Cowher, Billick etc, I'm glad we are not wasting money with the 10 million dollar man Shanahan. He is seriously mismanaging his players and I don't see much improvement from the redskins from previous years.

While Chan is not perfect (no coach is) I think he is doing a commendable job so far even though our record does not reflect it. We have serious flaws with our players, the talent is just not there. The bright spot is that Gailey is showing he can build an offense which he is touted as doing in the past...now if we can start improving on the defense. Let's all hope Nix nails this draft!

GO BILLS!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am disappointed with the Bills not landing a big name head coach like Cowher, Billick etc, I'm glad we are not wasting money with the 10 million dollar man Shanahan. He is seriously mismanaging his players and I don't see much improvement from the redskins from previous years.

While Chan is not perfect (no coach is) I think he is doing a commendable job so far even though our record does not reflect it. We have serious flaws with our players, the talent is just not there. The bright spot is that Gailey is showing he can build an offense which he is touted as doing in the past...now if we can start improving on the defense. Let's all hope Nix nails this draft!

GO BILLS!

Im glad we didn't sign any of those coaches. Shanahan won a Superbowl because he had Elway and Davis. Once they retired , what else did he accomplish? Cowher won one Superbowl (yes , one more than the Bills have ever won) , but it came after like 43 years of coaching the Steelers. Law of probability? And Billick had the advantage of having a Polian-like , future hall of fame GM in Ozzie Newsome.

GO BILLS!

Agree. I thought he would be perfect for us last winter, but the guy is clearly an a-hole. Washington is a total mess. I bet he gets fired after next season, or mid way through. Just sit back and enjoy watching the wheels fall off again in DC. As bad as we may be...Minnesota, Dallas and Washington are way worse off in my opinion.

Agree. I thought he would be perfect for us last winter, but the guy is clearly an a-hole. Washington is a total mess. I bet he gets fired after next season, or mid way through. Just sit back and enjoy watching the wheels fall off again in DC. As bad as we may be...Minnesota, Dallas and Washington are way worse off in my opinion.

There is a reason Denver walked away and had to pay this guy for a couple of years to not coach their team....

There is a reason Denver walked away and had to pay this guy for a couple of years to not coach their team....

Lets not give Denver's ownership too much credit...they brought in McDaniels who effectively ran off a star QB and WR and is touting a 10-14 record as the head coach....

Im glad we didn't sign any of those coaches. Shanahan won a Superbowl because he had Elway and Davis. Once they retired , what else did he accomplish?

4 playoff appearances, with the last one making the AFC Championship game with an erratic QB named Plummer.

I was all for Shanahan until I heard the reason he was let go in Denver was due to his ever increasing desire and demand the organization go out and sign every high priced FA.

And isn't he one of the few coaches to have a winning record vs. BB and the Pats? If so, why in the world would we ever want that guy to be the HC of the Buffalo Bills?

Cowher won one Superbowl (yes , one more than the Bills have ever won) , but it came after like 43 years of coaching the Steelers. Law of probability?

15 years as HC, 10 playoff appearances, 9 division Champs, 2 SB appearances, 1 SB title.

What an a**hole.

And Billick had the advantage of having a Polian-like , future hall of fame GM in Ozzie Newsome.

Ok, you got me with this one.

Lets not give Denver's ownership too much credit...they brought in McDaniels who effectively ran off a star QB and WR and is touting a 10-14 record as the head coach....

Not to mention Pat Bowlen suffers from short-term memory loss (Alzheimer's?).

Minnesota and Dallas are a mess with their coaching. I wouldn't want their scraps either if a new regime takes over except for Leslie Frazier who is the defensive coordinator for the Vikings. I wonder what would happen with him if Childress gets fired?

The Vikings' defense is a mess. Forget Frazier and thank him for rebuffing the Bills' request for an interview. And I wonder if Wylf has doubts about him, seeing as how he hasn't already fired Childress, who is spiraling out of control with no safety net in sight.

Edited by Doc

For the millionth time - the Bills were never seriously pursuing Shanny.

Read JW's interview with Ralph from last winter. Ralph was like "Mike Shanahan? Never heard of him."

Russ Brandon made a shrewd PR move to make it seem like they were going Big Game hunting.

Meanwhile, Ralph was interested in finding a GM willing to work for a box of comfortable sweaters and a coach who'd take coordinator pay to get another shot at a head job.

GO BILLS!

I agree about Mike Shanahan. Mike needs to talk to his son about his play calling.

As far as Nix goes I don't think Nix has a since of urgency to win now or to make the moves to get the right people in here.

He has had a few opportunities already. Doesn't seem like he is doing much.

Not to mention Pat Bowlen suffers from short-term memory loss (Alzheimer's?).

The Vikings' defense is a mess. Forget Frazier and thank him for rebuffing the Bills' request for an interview. And I wonder if Wylf has doubts about him, seeing as how he hasn't already fired Childress, who is spiraling out of control with no safety net in sight.

Childress is a horrible headcoach and his handling of the Moss situation was mind boggling. He did not even advise with the owner that he was going to waive him...unbelievable. I disagree with you about Frazier, he can be an effective coordinator but this year his pass rush has failed him miserably, specifically the play of Jared Allen.

Denver has a MASSIVE home field advantage playing in Mile High. Combine that with the fact that Denver's division is absolutely abysmal and you have the a perfect scenario for a head coach.

Elway was a great QB and was famous for his 4th quarter comebacks. I'd contend that half of those comebacks wouldn't have happened if the opposing team's defense could breath.

For the millionth time - the Bills were never seriously pursuing Shanny.

Read JW's interview with Ralph from last winter. Ralph was like "Mike Shanahan? Never heard of him."

Russ Brandon made a shrewd PR move to make it seem like they were going Big Game hunting.

Meanwhile, Ralph was interested in finding a GM willing to work for a box of comfortable sweaters and a coach who'd take coordinator pay to get another shot at a head job.

You believe that Ralph had never heard of Shanahan? What about Russ Brandon flying out to interview him?

And how about that (I remember it!) Bruce Allen?

Cutler is no star....he has alot of physical tools, but doesnt have the mental capacity nor the internal time clock needed as a QB in the NFL. Brandon Marshall I do agree with you on, they should of deemed him inexpendable.

Cutler is no star....he has alot of physical tools, but doesnt have the mental capacity nor the internal time clock needed as a QB in the NFL. Brandon Marshall I do agree with you on, they should of deemed him inexpendable.

Cutler is better than a lot of QBs in the league, playing behind a Chicago line that is nearly as bad as the Bills' line with no real WRs to throw to. Is he great? No, but dumping a 1st round QB after a 4,000+ yard season isn't shrewd management or ownership and the Broncos' record has shown that.

Cutler is better than a lot of QBs in the league, playing behind a Chicago line that is nearly as bad as the Bills' line with no real WRs to throw to. Is he great? No, but dumping a 1st round QB after a 4,000+ yard season isn't shrewd management or ownership and the Broncos' record has shown that.

His physical tools will keep him just above average....and yes, he had a 4,000 yard season. But he just doesnt get rid of the ball, takes sacks and has fumbalitice. Not to mention he throws a ton of picks.

It seems like a lot of people who don't ever see the Redskins play, are chiming in here. The Skins look better than they have in some time. So, he ruffled McNabbs' feathers. Remember when Marty Schottenheimer ruffled Bruce Smiths' feathers in Washington? McNabb is in the final year of a contract, the Redskins/coach are not happy with him...same complaints that people have had about him in years. Perhaps it is Shanahan trying to motivate his QB, or Albert Haynesworth? When guys get to McNabbs stature, they are hard to motivate. He will have them back in the playoffs, sooner than later.

It seems like a lot of people who don't ever see the Redskins play, are chiming in here. The Skins look better than they have in some time. So, he ruffled McNabbs' feathers. Remember when Marty Schottenheimer ruffled Bruce Smiths' feathers in Washington? McNabb is in the final year of a contract, the Redskins/coach are not happy with him...same complaints that people have had about him in years. Perhaps it is Shanahan trying to motivate his QB, or Albert Haynesworth? When guys get to McNabbs stature, they are hard to motivate. He will have them back in the playoffs, sooner than later.

The question is, who will be his QB? McNabb looks to be one and done. Even with Cutler, the Broncos missed the playoffs his last 3 years there.

Edited by Doc