Prediction: Chiefs 27 - 13 Offensive Enthusiasm Ends

box0life

Hate to be a downer but every time a player from Buffalo starts to get big time praise or the team starts to get kudos, the next game they go out a play like Sh-t. All this praise for the offense, Fitzpatrick, and Johnson may come crashing down to reality at Kansas City.

These guy just aren't consistent enough to keep this thing going and I see reality striking soon. Don't get me wrong, I hope they keeps playing well, but the overconfidence level is getting scary. People are saying that Fitz may be our next franchise quarterback. We said the same thing after Buffalo started out 5-1 a year or two ago with Edwards at the helm.

What happens to all this enthusiasm if the offense and Fitzpatrick score only 13 points next week and Fitz throws 3 int's and gets 1 touchdown and Steve Johnson catches 2 for 26 yards.

It's really scary to think about, but reality is right around the corner.

With KC being the best run team in the NFL, Chan will keep it on the ground and give our defense time. Fitz won't have a great game, but it won't be bad either. He will put up good numbers but this will be the game Jackson and Spiller really earn their checks. A very low scoring game with lots of running.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to be a downer but every time a player from Buffalo starts to get big time praise or the team starts to get kudos, the next game they go out a play like Sh-t. All this praise for the offense, Fitzpatrick, and Johnson may come crashing down to reality at Kansas City.

These guy just aren't consistent enough to keep this thing going and I see reality striking soon. Don't get me wrong, I hope they keeps playing well, but the overconfidence level is getting scary. People are saying that Fitz may be our next franchise quarterback. We said the same thing after Buffalo started out 5-1 a year or two ago with Edwards at the helm.

What happens to all this enthusiasm if the offense and Fitzpatrick score only 13 points next week and Fitz throws 3 int's and gets 1 touchdown and Steve Johnson catches 2 for 26 yards.

Like RJ said, you don't hate to be a downer. It's seems you and a handfull of others (you know who you are), revel in it.

So, in your first paragraph you say a good game will be followed by a bad game. And if that happens that that is reality and our offense sucks still. So my question to you is; if Buffalo plays great offensively and maybe even win the game, will you still be negative and think it's a fluke? How many games of playing well and scoring points does it require to finally make is safe to say they have a good offense? I realize you don't want to be let down. But just like Gailey has to turn the losing culture with the team, he has to do it with the fans. The more you negative guys stay in the past you're just not going to have much fun. And you just might miss out on the enjoyment of seeing this team turn the corner and head on back up. May have already.

Holy shiznitz bowery. You're right. Gailey must be familiar with KC. He was there after all as OC. He knows how Haley thinks. Doesn't mean it's an automatic win for us but it's a definite plus. Very interesting... hmm... But I suppose Haley also knows how Gailey thinks too. This will be an exciting game.

I'm thinking Gailey having been there one season as oc isn't going to help us all that much. They've got new people and a new oc in Weise I think, so maybe he'll know some of the players tendencies and a little of the d, but not enough to make a real difference in the game. But I do agree, should be an exciting game.

It takes a brave, bold man to make a prediction that goes around the Bills around here. Just be prepared for a firestorm if your prediction doesn't turn out to be correct.

Give it up mpl.

Well, what do you think will happen?

What will happen is, beginning immediately after the game - maybe even during - and continuing right up until the next kickoff, all of the "The sky is falling....the sky is falling!!!!" 'Chicken Littles' will plaster TSW with posts stating how they told everyone that Fitz was nothing more than a career backup, adequate 'in a pinch' but certainly not a 'franchise QB'. :rolleyes:

All the posters who, this week, stated unequivocally that QB and O-line are no longer the Bills #1 needs, will instantly 'do a 180' and renew their incessant calls that the Bills use their very high 1st-round pick to draft a certain Stanford QB who will not even be in the April draft, or a certain Washington QB who sucks out loud and will be available in the 3rd round. :wallbash:

A-holes like 'Mr. Wonderful' will attack good, decent, long-time members. Valued contributors like DIEHARD 1967 will grow disgusted and go away.

Such is the nature of TSW these days, it seems. :cry:

sad, isn't it.

I had hoped your membership was revoked. Soon, though.

lol

I don't see them much but the few times I have caught a Chefs game over the last year or so, I thought both Tamba Hali and Ron Edwards weren't getting the credit they deserved. Did I happen to catch them on unusually good days or are they both playing same pretty damned solid football?

Both are much improved. Ron Edwards has been solid on the line and Hali is a beast, 5 sacks so far this season. I'd like to pick up another pass rusher in the draft though, Hali can't do it all by himself.

It all starts with heart and attitude! Kc is not a better team than the Ravens! Therefore, you take that momentum and punch them in the mouth! The c has to play their gaps and lanes! We have a shot to win!

The Chiefs are frauds! I don't care what they held Peyton to! When they needed to win against an elite team, THEY DIDN'T! The bills have a shot! They have to come hard or stay the hell home!!!!!!

I agree that the Bills have a shot, but I think you will be surprised who shows up on Sunday.

It takes a brave, bold man to make a prediction that goes around the Bills around here. Just be prepared for a firestorm if your prediction doesn't turn out to be correct.

NaPolian....actually I was shocked to discover that this thread was not created by you, as you seem to be the "king of the trolls" on this message board. I actually enjoy your threads, however, as they make for interesting, and sometimes heated, discussion.

No disrespect intended. Just sayin....

My prediction, for what it's worth....Chiefs 34 Bills 24. Another respectable offensive performance pauperized by our soft defense and inept defensive coaching. The Fitz train keeps rollin!!!

Edited by Captain Winkie

I think Fitz and the group will play well, but not as well as last week. I am expecting a at least 3-4 sacks and some other negative plays. Arrowhead is WAY different than the ravens stadium. It is LOUD. No way will fitz be able to call as many audibles as last time. The team won't be able to hear him.

Also I expect them to burn a few TDs because of it being loud. But I expect the team to put up at least 20 points and have some big plays, and overall look good.

The real issue is going to be when thomas jones and jamal charles run through us like nothing. If we keep them under 200 yards, that might show our run D is actually improving. It is that sad.

NaPolian....actually I was shocked to discover that this thread was not created by you, as you seem to be the "king of the trolls" on this message board. I actually enjoy your threads, however, as they make for interesting, and sometimes heated, discussion.

No disrespect intended. Just sayin....

My prediction, for what it's worth....Chiefs 34 Bills 24. Another respectable offensive performance pauperized by our soft defense and inept defensive coaching. The Fitz train keeps rollin!!!

No worries, I take that as a great compliment, not an insult :)

No worries, I take that as a great compliment, not an insult :)

NaPolian you are an interesting character for sure. You don't ruffle my feathers like you do others. Yet you do find ways to bring up controversy and you take a lot of heat for it. To me you are in a way... amusing I suppose. Your banter is somewhat entertaining. Will you turn into a true Troll on Halloween?

Edited by Pilsner

These guy just aren't consistent enough to keep this thing going and I see reality striking soon.

I agree with you that people are going a bit over board with the premature kudos. Chan the Man said it: we have to wait to see how big of a step it is.

We seem to be a manic-depressive bunch, both the Fitz love and the Maybin hate seem disproportionate.

On the other hand - How do you know? (that "These guy(sic) just aren't consistent enough to keep this thing going")

The cast is different, the players are different. My concern is we don't have enough history yet to tell.

What do you base this on that you know?

When the Bills went 5-1, reality was there to be seen. We were barely squeaking by against poor teams, pulling off comeback wins in the 4th quarter, not seeming to score many points, and seeming to slip a little every week. So far this year, we've been putting up some pretty big offensive numbers against good to very good teams, and to my eyes anyway looking better every game with Fitz at the helm.

I think if Fitz stays in the game, we have a good chance. Fitz calling the protections seems to have been a big step.

Football is a game of chess, Fitz has the head to be a chess-meister, apparently he is really relishing his chance to start.

I don't think he'll succumb to feeling pleased with himself or feeling entitled. It says here that if it takes two weeks

of preparation to pull off a Ravens Game, Fitz wants it bad enough to put in those two weeks prep in 3 days somehow.

On the other hand, if he goes out with a shoulder or a concussion (could happen the way he puts his shoulder and head down

when he runs), "there goes the neighborhood".

I don't agree. How can you say Fitz is "not consistent enough" this season? He's played lights out (especially compared to Edwards) every game he's played this season. Plus I do think the offensive coaching is 100% better then last year, when Fitz did have trouble being consistent. The line seems to be coming together, and even they have been steadily improving over the past few weeks. Who knows if or when the Bills will actually win a game this season? I'm not predicting a win against the vastly improved Chiefs and their number one rushing offense this week, that's for sure.

But I am predicting the Bills offense to continue to roll up yards and points, against the Chiefs middle of the pack defense. The only thing that could hurt the offensive production this week is Kansas City controlling the football for 44 minutes running up about 500 rushing yards against the worst run defense in the history of the NFL. That aside, look for Fitzy and his crew to put up some good numbers again this week, and not allow K.C. to stuff them the way you are predicting.

I think this game could be close. While I don't think we will have the lead that often compared to last week, I see a lot of heart and a comeback falling just short. Chiefs 27 Bills 23

Edited by BB2004

KC will score a rather convincing win over Bills /// Id take KC and give then 6.5 points

chiefs have a few wins this year against terrible teams. They are barely ahead of us on the rebuilding road. There big advantage their division an their schedule. Buffalo has played well in KC trend Continues.....34-27 Buffalo

the chiefs pass defense is in the bottom quarter of the league. I expect a bills win this weekend.

Even good Offensive Teams such as Indy, New Orleans, Patsies, etc. have bad Offensive games, so one bad or even two bad Offensive games does not a poor Offense make. Such as the last three good Offensive games for the Bills does not necessarily mean their Offense has turned a corner. Truthfully, it will take the rest of this season to discover whether or not this Bills Offense is for real or not. They need to do it in adverse weather, at home and on the road, against good teams (to prove they belong) and against bad teams (to prove they can focus when they need to and to finish a team off), they need to do it with the running game, they need to do it with the passing game and most of all they need to demonstrate they CAN WIN. All that said, I'll be the first to say that I'm encouraged by the demonstration of Offense over the last several weeks, but it will take the rest of the season to know exactly where this team is.

the chiefs pass defense is in the bottom quarter of the league. I expect a bills win this weekend.

Yes, the Chiefs are 25th in passing yards given up, but do you know who's 24th? The Steelers. You think they have a bad pass defense? It's a very misleading stat. The Chiefs have the league's best corner and pass rusher. There have been a couple plays given up by the rookie safety but overall the pass defense is very strong.