Chemistry

HARCO186

I like to start a topic on team cohesion and chemistry. The last few threads have been if Fitz is the man and are we set at qb. You know looking at the threads and even my own, I’m getting caught up in the moments. Steve Young started out with Tampa, and then was traded to San Fran. Brett Favre was traded to Green Bay. The Saints have their qb through the Chargers. My point is what if it’s not just the team, but the chemistry of the team and the system that makes the team. Chan has been known to make a great qb out of nothing by using the skills he has at hand. Is it a coincidence that now the team is playing with a Fitz at the helm? I believe Chan deserves this credit and rightfully so. Just maybe he has a smart qb with the right football iq to match the wits of a great offensive guru. I’m not saying by anymeans that the Bills are superbowl bound, but just maybe now we have that chemistry that has been missing. We just might have the chesion that is needed and the chemistry to really build off. I for 1 in my opinion thought that Chan was going to do this with Trent. Then someone posted a great thread stating that just maybe Trent had an illness, (no it was a serious judgment and not just picking). Maybe Chan was doing all he could to get Trent right, but realized he couldn’t do it and cut his losses. Now he has a QB that is not scared to take a hit or throw a ball in a not so good area. Fitz just doesn’t care and seems like he trusts his coach. He has nothing to lose, he’s considered a career backup (I even call him that), but what if he does posts great numbers because the system he’s in fits him like a glove? I really think instead of calling Fitz out and saying he’s the man, I believe mad props need to be given to Chan for yet again taking a backup QB and making him one of the most talked about in the NFL. We are on the verge of witnessing one of the very best things we know of in football and that is the start of a bad team because an elite team within the next few years. Please note I said elite in a few years, so no bashing on that one.

They both deserve a lot of credit. Finally something to be excited about with this team. I really hope it continues. Chemistry is so important. The QB and coach need to be on the same page every single play. Look at Favre and Chili now. Virtually imploding. Kurt Warner developed into an all-star under Mike Martz, after bagging groceries and arena league football and then wins a super bowl. Crazier things have happened. Rich Gannon was drafted in 1987, 4th round by the Pats. Read his story, its very interesting. Gannon excelled under Gruden during '99-'01 and had a very productive 5 seasons under Gruden's offense, which was also used by Bill Callahan after Gruden left for Tampa. LETS GO CHAN AND FITZ! KEEP IT ROLLIN

You are on to something here, I think. The team seems to respond to Fitz. A lineman says he is the one who tells them what guy to put a hat on. A receiver says he is giving everyone an opportunity to make plays instead of checking to a RB all the time. These are good reports. It means he's a team player and everyone is responding to him as a leader.

There are also reports that Fitz is taking extra time discussing opposing defenses with his team mates and asking them what their opinions are. Yes, there is cohesion developing and one person is largely responsible....Fitz. I'm not saying he has all the intangibles that the great QBs have, but he has a personality that everyone is responding to.

Gailey also is leaving his footprint as well. His system was talked about well before the season even started. I seem to recall a player saying something like "Gailey's playbook is dope", or something like that back during training camp. The offense is responding positively. Now if the defense starts to feed off of this success........

Week 1 - Edwards and Lynch

Week 2 - Edwards and Lynch

Week 3 - Edwards Fitzpatrick and Lynch

Week 4 - Fitzpatrick and Lynch

Week 5 - Fitzpatrick and Lynch Fred and CJ

Week 6 - Fitzpatrick and Fred and CJ (Bye)

Week 7 - Fitzpatrick and Fred and CJ *1st unit to play together for 3 consecutive weeks.

Week 1 - Edwards and Lynch

Week 2 - Edwards and Lynch

Week 3 - Edwards Fitzpatrick and Lynch

Week 4 - Fitzpatrick and Lynch

Week 5 - Fitzpatrick and Lynch Fred and CJ

Week 6 - Fitzpatrick and Fred and CJ (Bye)

Week 7 - Fitzpatrick and Fred and CJ *1st unit to play together for 3 consecutive weeks.

Give Chan a slap on the back. It takes guts to make serious changes in the lineup during the regular season. He has made an unproductive offensive into a very highly effective one. Those are really difficult decisions to make; something that DJ would have never considered.

Chemistry, cohesion, leadership, being on the same page, Fitz looking for input from players, teammates seeing that their voices aren't dismissed, Chan's play calling ect...

These are all signs pointing in the right direction. Chemistry and cohesion CANNOT be overstated.

Edited by Pilsner

Give Chan a slap on the back. It takes guts to make serious changes in the lineup during the regular season. He has made an unproductive offensive into a very highly effective one. Those are really difficult decisions to make; something that DJ would have never considered.

I agree!!!!! Highly effective considering we just played one of the elite d's in the nfl!

Chan still deserves the blame for some of these losses, due to his failure to run the ball in the 3rd and 4th quarters. When we were down by 3 with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter, Gailey play call is Pass (Almost killed Parrish), Incomplete Pass, INT returned by Reed. This is just after the defense had forced a punt.

The Bills are terrible on offense in the 3rd quarter and that is not adjusting after half time and running the ball effectively in the 2nd half. The blame falls on the guy calling the plays.

I like to start a topic on team cohesion and chemistry. The last few threads have been if Fitz is the man and are we set at qb. You know looking at the threads and even my own, I’m getting caught up in the moments. Steve Young started out with Tampa, and then was traded to San Fran. Brett Favre was traded to Green Bay. The Saints have their qb through the Chargers. My point is what if it’s not just the team, but the chemistry of the team and the system that makes the team. Chan has been known to make a great qb out of nothing by using the skills he has at hand. Is it a coincidence that now the team is playing with a Fitz at the helm? I believe Chan deserves this credit and rightfully so. Just maybe he has a smart qb with the right football iq to match the wits of a great offensive guru. I’m not saying by anymeans that the Bills are superbowl bound, but just maybe now we have that chemistry that has been missing. We just might have the chesion that is needed and the chemistry to really build off. I for 1 in my opinion thought that Chan was going to do this with Trent. Then someone posted a great thread stating that just maybe Trent had an illness, (no it was a serious judgment and not just picking). Maybe Chan was doing all he could to get Trent right, but realized he couldn’t do it and cut his losses. Now he has a QB that is not scared to take a hit or throw a ball in a not so good area. Fitz just doesn’t care and seems like he trusts his coach. He has nothing to lose, he’s considered a career backup (I even call him that), but what if he does posts great numbers because the system he’s in fits him like a glove? I really think instead of calling Fitz out and saying he’s the man, I believe mad props need to be given to Chan for yet again taking a backup QB and making him one of the most talked about in the NFL. We are on the verge of witnessing one of the very best things we know of in football and that is the start of a bad team because an elite team within the next few years. Please note I said elite in a few years, so no bashing on that one.

Great post. I agree w/ it all. Intelligenly described and clearly, we are witnessing something good "on the move" with the team. I know we'll have our bad times in the following games. but this is a real good post that inspired other, positive, and intelligently discussed posts in response to your.

RWR

Good post. During the bye week, Chan appeared to make good progress with the offense in terms of setting up the blocking and reads AFTER the team comes to the line of scrimmage. Whenever they brought the safety up, it looked like Fitz checked to a slant or Evans and made them pay.

By the way, in response to Ganesh's comment, I think we've been outscored 77-14 in the third quarter this year. How is that even possible? What are they doing at halftime? LSD?

I just hope Ralph and the others in the FO can see what is happening and don't do something stupid as has been the usual in Buffalo . Such as draft a QB in the top 5 and throw him into the fire with out the it factor to pull it off .

If Ralph just has faith in the guys he hired to do the job i think all will be fine , Buddy & more so Chan knows what he has in Fitz , but when you throw in the Ralph Factor it always winds up like a night after hard drinking , every thing spinning out of control , with your head face down in a bucket , cussing & saying i'll never do that again --- The Ralph Factor :sick: !!

I just hope Ralph and the others in the FO can see what is happening and don't do something stupid as has been the usual in Buffalo . Such as draft a QB in the top 5 and throw him into the fire with out the it factor to pull it off .

You're forgetting that - as well as he's been playing - Fitz is not a long-term #1 QB. If he really was, then he would have stuck with St. Louis or Cincy. Plus, considering that Gailey made Tyler Thigpen look good, you have to give some credit to Chan for putting the offense in this position. I love the way Fitz is playing, but when you compare it to the lack of confidence that we saw from Edwards, it's simply a breath of fresh air.

A QB is clearly a major need on this team.

If Ralph just has faith in the guys he hired to do the job i think all will be fine , Buddy & more so Chan knows what he has in Fitz , but when you throw in the Ralph Factor it always winds up like a night after hard drinking , every thing spinning out of control , with your head face down in a bucket , cussing & saying i'll never do that again --- The Ralph Factor :sick: !!

Do you really think that Buddy & Chan believe that Fitzpatrick is the QB of the future? He's not terribly old (turns 28 in November), but not young, either. I just don't think he's the franchise QB to rely on. Maybe I'm wrong, but just remember what we've been seeing over the past few years. He may be smart, but he's not Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees.

I read in one of the articles that Hangartner and Fitz spend extra time together watching tape and talking about the def. stunts and schemes they will be facing which is good. Also and more importantly, Fitz has the authority to change the play and change protection schemes based on his read before the snap. In other words, Fitz is football smart and can adapt on the fly. He is the man IMHO.

You're forgetting that - as well as he's been playing - Fitz is not a long-term #1 QB. If he really was, then he would have stuck with St. Louis or Cincy. Plus, considering that Gailey made Tyler Thigpen look good, you have to give some credit to Chan for putting the offense in this position. I love the way Fitz is playing, but when you compare it to the lack of confidence that we saw from Edwards, it's simply a breath of fresh air.

A QB is clearly a major need on this team.

Do you really think that Buddy & Chan believe that Fitzpatrick is the QB of the future? He's not terribly old (turns 28 in November), but not young, either. I just don't think he's the franchise QB to rely on. Maybe I'm wrong, but just remember what we've been seeing over the past few years. He may be smart, but he's not Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees.

I reject this 'not the long-term solution' concept that we've convinced ourselves of.

Newsflash peeps: Fitz was drafted in 2005. He could have as many 6-8 years left in the league, which means we could get another 3-4 VERY solid years from him. If you look at it that way, suddenly the NEED for the shiny new quarterback greatly resides!

Great post. I agree w/ it all. Intelligenly described and clearly, we are witnessing something good "on the move" with the team. I know we'll have our bad times in the following games. but this is a real good post that inspired other, positive, and intelligently discussed posts in response to your.

RWR

Thank you.