McDermott on thin ice in Philly?

It's truly amazing the number of folks that think Wade Phillips would ever consider working for Ralph Wilson again, considering that - after firing Wade - Ralph tried to stiff Phillips on the remaining salary he was due, resulting in that nasty lawsuit (which Phillips ultimately won).

And all that after Wade spent $10K on one of those plastic 'Herd About Buffalo' statues at a charity auction, then presented it as a gift to RW!!! :doh:

He's going to get fired in Philly so you think he may be a good fit here? How?

I seem to remember an OC that was fired by the Chefs even before he had any regular season games under his belt. The Bills had no problems picking him up. :devil:

I seem to remember an OC that was fired by the Chefs even before he had any regular season games under his belt. The Bills had no problems picking him up. :devil:

Yes, someone with experience and has been fairly successful in the NFL. Please compare that to McDermott.

Yes, someone with experience and has been fairly successful in the NFL. Please compare that to McDermott.

I can't and I'm not actually in favor of McDermott. I'm just pointing out that coaches that have been fired from other teams are not necessarily bad coaches, which is what your response previously was implying. Granted, McDermott may be a terrible fit here, but by saying he just got fired from Philly and hence he won't have success here is not exactly a 100% truth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/27/sean-mcdermott-could-be-on-his-way-out-in-philly/

Here's the story from Rotoworld.

Sure seems like the Bills could use a guy like McDermott to sure up the defense, what do you guys think?

I thinks it's the same things as every body wanting to fire Chan and Buddy after only 3 games , just another knee jerk reaction to what has gone down this year . We don't have the right guys for the 3-4 D . Plus they are weeding out the Jauron left overs so give Buddy a chance to figure things out , he'll get it !!

So the plan is to completely give up on the new DC after 6 games while switching to the 3-4; hire a DC who would be fired by another team; then switch back to a 4-3??? Sounds like a great plan.

Why don't we let the season play out and see if Edwards and the defense improves? Crazy thought I know.

Yes, you really can't off Edwards now, and besides, he doesn't play linebacker. Wait until the end of the year, see where things stand then.

I can't and I'm not actually in favor of McDermott. I'm just pointing out that coaches that have been fired from other teams are not necessarily bad coaches, which is what your response previously was implying. Granted, McDermott may be a terrible fit here, but by saying he just got fired from Philly and hence he won't have success here is not exactly a 100% truth.

Ok, understood. My point was that McDermott has not had any success as a DC and he is getting beat up here in Philly....so is Reid.

Because sometimes coaches get fired because they're scapegoated, not because they suck. Sean McDermott is a very good defensive coach, and Philly would be moronic to fire him because of a bad quarter against the Titans.

Prove it. He did little last year after taking over for Jim johnson (RIP). He is doing little with the defense this year to distinguish himself...the Titans game being only the most recent example.