stevestojan

Ok, we want

Jets (9-3)

Baltimore (7-5)

Cinnci (6-6)

Jax (6-6)

Denver (7-5)

To all lose, no?

But, can't we just give up on the Jets? I mean, shouldn't we just give into the fact that they are THREE games ahead of us, and just focus on that one last spot?

Baltimore plays the Giants in Baltimore. If Eli is in, we are f-cked. I say, go back to what got you to 5-3.

Cincinnati at New England. Please, you miseraable prick f-cks, don't lose this game.

Chicago at Jacksonville. Welcome to 7-6 Jacksonville.

Miami at Denver. Welcome to 8-5 Dever.

So, let's go with the obvious assumption that the Jets are in.

That leaves one spot. We have to win this game (and all the rest). But even in the best case scenario, only Baltimore and Cinnci will probably lose this week.

After this week:

Bills 7-6

Baltimore 7-6

Cinnci 7-6

Jax 7-6

Denver 8-5.

I'm not giving up on the Jets. I still think they can lose three of their last four.

I don't think we're going to see much this weekend that will change the playoff picture. The best chance for an upset is Chicago over Jacksonville.

Next week is when things get real interesting with the schedule of games.

Ok, we want

Jets (9-3)

Baltimore (7-5)

Cinnci (6-6)

Jax  (6-6)

Denver (7-5)

To all lose, no? 

But, can't we just give up on the Jets? I mean, shouldn't we just give into the fact that they are THREE games ahead of us, and just focus on that one last spot?

151970[/snapback]

I say we don't worry about them - if they win, it's no skin off our nose. If they lose, it's a bonus. I'd rather worry about the rest. If the Jets start crumbling, it *could* make things complicated, but let's presume they're in for now.

Baltimore plays the Giants in Baltimore. If Eli is in, we are f-cked. I say, go back to what got you to 5-3.

Cincinnati at New England.  Please, you miseraable prick f-cks, don't lose this game.

151970[/snapback]

Even if Cincy pulls off the upset, it's not that big of a deal. Buffalo still has to beat them, anyway, so that game means little to me. In fact, I'd be happy to see them pull off the upset and may actually be rooting for it. Regardless, that game doesn't matter, mathematically speaking.

That leaves one spot. We have to win this game (and all the rest). But even in the best case scenario, only Baltimore and Cinnci will probably lose this week.

After this week:

Bills 7-6

Baltimore 7-6

Cinnci 7-6

Jax 7-6

Denver 8-5.

151970[/snapback]

I wouldn't chalk up a Baltimore loss just yet. I don't know if they're bad enough yet to lose 2 in a row at home with that defense. Remember, they're playing the Giants, who aren't exactly the second coming of the '85 Bears....

Speaking of which, don't count the Bears out just yet. They've been giving their opponents a lot of trouble lately.

You could definitely presume that the Jets are in as a wild card, which just makes it a bit simpler to figure out what needs to happen for the Bills to make the playoffs.

However, if the Jets go 0-4 down the stretch and the Bills go 4-0, then we finish with a better record than the Jets. Not likely to happen, but anything's possible I guess.

If that happens, then it makes things easier for the Bills since we would be fighting for one of two wildcard spots. We could still finish tied with one of the other clubs at 10-6 (Denver, Baltimore, etc.) and still make it in.

If the Jets finish 10-6 or better, it makes it more difficult for us since we are battling for only one playoff spot, so we would have to beat out all other teams.

Schedules, schedules, schedules...

The Jets can easily lose 3 of 4. They'll be underdogs to the Steelers&Pats. Probably beat Seattle at home. @St. Louis week 17 is a toss-up. Say what you want about Martz, but I wouldn't want to play in that dome if the Rams are playing for their playoff lives.

The Bengals have a 0.00% chance of the playoffs, even if they beat us. NE and Philly on the road - good luck.

The Broncos last 3 games are @Tenn, @KC, and Indy. All 3 are toss-ups, they have to lose 2. Who knows

re: Jacksonville - it's all up to Green Bay. If the Packers can't beat them at home then it wasn't meant to be. Their other 3 games are pretty easy.

Even if Cincy pulls off the upset, it's not that big of a deal. Buffalo still has to beat them, anyway, so that game means little to me. In fact, I'd be happy to see them pull off the upset and may actually be rooting for it. Regardless, that game doesn't matter, mathematically speaking.

-----------------------

Uhhhh if Cincy loses they are 6-7 and basically out of contention. It does matter. 9-7 will not get you in.

If the Jets finish 10-6 or better, it makes it more difficult for us since we are battling for only one playoff spot, so we would have to beat out all other teams.

152055[/snapback]

If the Jets finish 10-6 and Denver or Baltimore(1 of them not both) finishes 10-6 and we win out....

Then Bye-Bye Jets.....

Were the 6th seed

Uhhhh if Cincy loses they are 6-7 and basically out of contention. It does matter. 9-7 will not get you in.

152096[/snapback]

9-7 may not get Cincy in, but Sean Salisbury presented his most likely scenario on ESPN the other night, and he believes the 6th spot actually will go to a 9-7 team. He thinks Denver, Baltimore, and Jacksonville will all be tied at 9-7, with the tiebreaker going to JAX.

He thinks Cincy will go 2-2 down the stretch and finish 8-8. If they manage to finish 9-7, however, they might have a shot, but I think they would lose the tiebreaker. That doesn't mean the other teams won't all finish 8-8, though.

In any case, 9-7 might very likely get you in, just probably not for Cincy or Buffalo (and others depending on who is tied).

WEEK 14:

Bills over Browns

Dolphins over Broncos

Giants over Ravens

Bears over Jaguars

Steelers over Jets

WEEK 15:

Bills over Bengals

Packers over Jaguars

Chiefs over Broncos

Colts over Ravens

Seahawks over Jets

Steelers over Giants

WEEK 16:

Bills over 49ers

Titans over Broncos

Texans over Jaguars

Steelers over Ravens

Patriots over Jets

WEEK 17:

Bills over Steelers

Colts over Broncos

Raiders over Jaguars

Rams over Jets

Dolphins over Ravens

49ers over Patriots

To finish ahead of the the Jaguars, Jacksonville needs to lose at least one game. To beat out the Ravens, Baltimore needs to lose at least two games. The Broncos need to lose at least two games. And the Jets need to lose all of their remaining four games. Of course, four out five of these teams need to lose the perscribed number of games, or the Bills will be stuck shoveling snow in January.

The only Bengals game that really matters is Week 15 -- either the Bills beat them and knock them out, or they beat us and knock us out.

Schedules, schedules, schedules...

The Jets can easily lose 3 of 4.  They'll be underdogs to the Steelers&Pats.  Probably beat Seattle at home.  @St. Louis week 17 is a toss-up.  Say what you want about Martz, but I wouldn't want to play in that dome if the Rams are playing for their playoff lives. 

The Bengals have a 0.00% chance of the playoffs, even if they beat us.  NE and Philly on the road - good luck. 

The Broncos last 3 games are @Tenn, @KC, and Indy.  All 3 are toss-ups, they have to lose 2.  Who knows

re: Jacksonville - it's all up to Green Bay.  If the Packers can't beat them at home then it wasn't meant to be.  Their other 3 games are pretty easy.

152085[/snapback]

I wouldn't bet against the Seahawks in NY. It's all about matchups.

WEEK 14:

Bills over Browns

Dolphins over Broncos

Giants over Ravens

Bears over Jaguars

Steelers over Jets

WEEK 15:

Bills over Bengals

Packers over Jaguars

Chiefs over Broncos

Colts over Ravens

Seahawks over Jets

Steelers over Giants

152118[/snapback]

I see the next 2 weeks this way:

No movement this week, all the contenders for the 6th spot win except Cincy:

WEEK 14:

Bills over Browns

Broncos over Dolphins

Ravens over Giants

Jaguars over Bears

Pats over Bengals

Next week is when things get really interesting:

WEEK 15:

Bills over Bengals

Packers over Jaguars

Chiefs over Broncos

Colts over Ravens

:blink:

I wouldn't bet against the Seahawks in NY.  It's all about matchups.

152131[/snapback]

Come to think of it - that's not a bad matchup for Seattle. You can pound Seattle up the gut, but the Jets offense is pretty finesse, even their running schemes. Hawks OL is pretty good, so they may be able to slow down the Jets speed-rushers. Plus, Herm has a tendancy to gagh at home against mediocre teams.

It is weird, isn't it Collegeguy!? Everybody is giving Denver an automatic win vs. the Fins but if Miami keeps playing hard I think they can very easily steal this game. Denver is not a top team. That whole trade between them and Washington was WAY overplayed, just like Bailey and Portis are overrated. I said this before the trade, but people here kept saying they are both top 5 at their position and even Portis being the best RB in the entire league! Neither are even top 5, and are lucky to be rated top 10, if that!

It is weird, isn't it Collegeguy!?  Everybody is giving Denver an automatic win vs. the Fins but if Miami keeps playing hard I think they can very easily steal this game. Denver is not a top team. That whole trade between them and Washington was WAY overplayed, just like Bailey and Portis are overrated. I said this before the trade, but people here kept saying they are both top 5 at their position and even Portis being the best RB in the entire league! Neither are even top 5, and are lucky to be rated top 10, if that!

152181[/snapback]

Hmm, I don't disagree completely.

At the time I was in the minority in liking the deal for the Skins. I still feel that way. Portis hasn't been a great Fantasy back b/c his offense stinks, but he's got 1100 yards and 4 YPC right now. Champ got lit up by Josh Reed last year. The Skins D is better this year than it ever was....Gregg Williams can't be THAT good, can he?

It's perfectly all right if Cincinnati wins, though they probably won't. We play them next week and have to win then anyway, which would eliminate them from competition. If they win and Pittsburgh wins the next three, Pittsburgh guarantees themselves home field throughout, which makes their last game (with Buffalo) unnecessary. They will rest key players and not try too hard to win.

The Jets play Pittsburgh Sunday and probably lose.

Baltimore plays the Giants and win.

Jacksonville probably beats Chicago.

Denver probably beats Miami.

The most likely scenario is that the Jets drop a little closer to the pack and Cincinnati drops out of the race while Buffalo, Baltimore, Jacksonville and Denver keep pace.