Perry Fewell

I think I have a new found respect for the job Perry Fewell did with our defense during his tenure with the Bills. I liked him as our coach before but now I really miss him. Imagine if we could have had Chan and him together we might have been able to win some games.

Thats all Ive really got to say about that

I think I have a new found respect for the job Perry Fewell did with our defense during his tenure with the Bills. I liked him as our coach before but now I really miss him. Imagine if we could have had Chan and him together we might have been able to win some games.

He sure is doing a hell of a job in New York.

I liked Perry, but hated the little fast defense. You could always count on them to fold in the 4th and never get off the field on third and long. It will take awhile to get this defense up to par but I couldn't see our past D making a stop in OT. We need big, strong and fast and frankly when we get better talent we'll be a defense that will out do Perry's.

I liked Perry, but hated the little fast defense. You could always count on them to fold in the 4th and never get off the field on third and long. It will take awhile to get this defense up to par but I couldn't see our past D making a stop in OT. We need big, strong and fast and frankly when we get better talent we'll be a defense that will out do Perry's.

Ya but I do not believe it was Perry's fault he did not have big, strong and fast. Look at his defense in New York with big strong and fast players, their 2nd against the pass, and 7th against the run. If he was given any players in Buffalo I think he would have gotten much better results as hes proving now.

Was the defense that different last year? Couldn't rush the passer consistently, stop the run or cover tight ends. The only difference so far has been takeaways. Plus, Fewell's personnel in NY is obviously superior to Buffalo.

Edited by Punch

I think that was DJ's style, more than it was Perry's. It's taken a bit of time for his D to begin to jell in NY, but it definitely is showing signs of doing that. That D is not the same as the one run here - under Jauronomo.

Hey, you've got to dance with the one you're with. PF is a good coach and definitely better than Edwards is at this point in their careers. PF took a hike because he felt dissed that The Bills didn't hire him as permanent HC. Given another set of circumstances it would have been great to keep him and have Chan running the O. One of the mistakes I think the FO made was in making such a push to go to the 3-4 without having the personnel to run it. That was a Greg Williamsesque type over-reaching mistake.

Some teams actually put together good head coach/coordinator tandems.

Instead, the Bills have a top-10 offensive coordinator as head coach and some reject pushed out as Dolphins INSIDE LBs coach as defensive coordinator.

Perry's defense was better with an offense 100 times worse. The defense kept us in games last year until the 4th quarter when they wilted and tired out. Also, no team EVER in Bills history has given up over 30 points a game 4 weeks in a row and now it is 5!!!! That is a huge difference.

Coming in with the plan they did does not inspire any confidence whatsoever. They saw the players we had and made a switch that created about 3-4 more holes to fill.

I think that was DJ's style, more than it was Perry's. It's taken a bit of time for his D to begin to jell in NY, but it definitely is showing signs of doing that. That D is not the same as the one run here - under Jauronomo.

Hey, you've got to dance with the one you're with. PF is a good coach and definitely better than Edwards is at this point in their careers. PF took a hike because he felt dissed that The Bills didn't hire him as permanent HC. Given another set of circumstances it would have been great to keep him and have Chan running the O. One of the mistakes I think the FO made was in making such a push to go to the 3-4 without having the personnel to run it. That was a Greg Williamsesque type over-reaching mistake.

Good post and food for thought. We sure need talent on the D side and I'm not sold on our DC. But I'd still rather be a 3-4 team.

Ya but I do not believe it was Perry's fault he did not have big, strong and fast. Look at his defense in New York with big strong and fast players, their 2nd against the pass, and 7th against the run. If he was given any players in Buffalo I think he would have gotten much better results as hes proving now.

Nanker sees it that way as well and you may be right. As I said I liked Perry but whoever made the call on players I really tired of that defense.

I also think he did get it right with Fitzpatrick...I think there was something about Team Chemistry in the 2nd half of the season and that might have been due to Ryan connecting with his teammates better than Edwards...I have always wanted Edwards to succeed and be our starting QB for the next decade. But I think Perry and his guys did a better job in identifying team chemistry over overall talent..

However, let us not forget that the Perry defense also could not stop the Running game. We were the 2nd worst run defense last season.

Thank you Forest Gump