If You Could Only Keep One Major Sports Team in Buffalo ...

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Would You Keep?

• Bills
    • Sabres
    • Neither, please go

I'm going with Bills.

The primary reason is the sport and not the team: for me hockey lost most of its appeal years ago when they changed the playoff system from the top 4 teams in each conference to top 4 teams in 5 team divisions. It makes a long hard season mostly irrelevant, and dilutes the quality of post season play.

NFL, oth, is the only major sport I find I can still watch regular season games even if my team isn't playing. They have their playoff system just right where about a 3rd of the teams make the playoffs.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Buffalo Braves! :thumbsup:

If I could choose ownership though, it would have to be the Bills...love the Sabres too...don't care if Rico hates hockey, don't care if it is a regional sport...that is actually part of what I like about the NHL over the other leagues.

It's the Bills of course! I know nothing of Buffalo.. haven't even stepped foot on the snowy streets. All I know is my favorite NFL franchise resides there. It is because of the Bills and only the Bills, that I've even heard of Buffalo, NY.

Buffalo Braves! :thumbsup:

If I could choose ownership though, it would have to be the Bills...love the Sabres too...don't care if Rico hates hockey, don't care if it is a regional sport...that is actually part of what I like about the NHL over the other leagues.

I don't hate hockey, it's just irrelevant.

I don't hate hockey, it's just irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant to the people who love it. I don't understand that argument. Sure, it doesn't get the press coverage of the Big 3 sports, and few who don't follow the league closely can go beyond Crosby, Ovechken and Miller when trying to think of the biggest stars in the NHL, but the game is still a blast to watch, if you like the game itself. I would argue the the NHL playoffs are about as exciting as any pro-sports get...if you like the game.

I love the NFL, but the Bills sucking, coupled with the increasingly prevalent corporate feel of the game, have made me really appreciate the "small time" feel of the NHL. I suspect people who like NASCAR (not me) don't mind that a fair number of sports fans have no interest in their sport. It is as irrelevant as it gets to me, but I think it is kind of cool that there are pockets of people all over the country that live for NASCAR...its' just not me.

I pray this doesn't happen but even as terrible as the Bills have been, I couldn't imagine Buffalo with the Bills. I love hockey and played it all my life. But it still is a fringe type of sport. And as a great as the Sabres' playoff runs were, they won't be fraction of as exciting as if we ever get a Bills' playoff game again. I'd probably have a heart attack and poop myself. I never did that for a Sabres game. :pirate:

This is a trick question. Ask this same thing on sabrespace and i bet its the sabres. Asking this on a Bills fan message board makes no sense. Its obviously gonna be the bills. We all know dogs are way cooler than cats, but if you go on twokittydrive.com, Ill bet they say otherwise.