RIP Walkman

/dev/null

Just trying to find blank, recordable cassette tapes has been difficult for about 2 years. Not too long ago, I saw a 5 pack of new, Maxell high-bias blanks, sell on EBAY for $53.00

I still use them for my car... no point in having another CD player stolen...and they sound great! I have live radio simulcast from the Stones, that I recorded back on 12/18/1981, on a Maxell high-bias XLIIS, 28 years ago. Other than about 10 seconds of garbled sound at the beginning of the recording, it still sounds pristine!

Just trying to find blank, recordable cassette tapes has been difficult for about 2 years. Not too long ago, I saw a 5 pack of new, Maxell high-bias blanks, sell on EBAY for $53.00

I still use them for my car... no point in having another CD player stolen...and they sound great! I have live radio simulcast from the Stones, that I recorded back on 12/18/1981, on a Maxell high-bias XLIIS, 28 years ago. Other than about 10 seconds of garbled sound at the beginning of the recording, it still sounds pristine!

Transfer that tape before it totally craps the bed!

You can still get TDK cassettes for a reasonable price, I think.

Edited by The Dean

That's crazy, looking at the prices on Amazon.

Actually, all but one of those listed on Amazon, are "normal bias". There is a big difference. There is an XLII pack listed for 9.99, but XLII-S are (or should I say "were") the blank tape of choice, commercially, back in the day. They stopped making them a few years ago, and are very hard to come by. I might pull the trigger on those XLII's. You can still buy the Maxell normal bias cassettes at places like Walgreens, for cheap, but they are not great for music. I use them, because they are still out there.

Damn I tossed two in the trash last week.

Actually, all but one of those listed on Amazon, are "normal bias". There is a big difference. There is an XLII pack listed for 9.99, but XLII-S are (or should I say "were") the blank tape of choice, commercially, back in the day. They stopped making them a few years ago, and are very hard to come by. I might pull the trigger on those XLII's. You can still buy the Maxell normal bias cassettes at places like Walgreens, for cheap, but they are not great for music. I use them, because they are still out there.

There is a huge difference between Normal and High bias. I was a TDK fan back in the day.

I used to have one .... sadly I still drive a car that has a cassette player in it :lol:

1995 Honda Accord...still going strong, cassette player and all! :thumbsup: Actually, given me some (minimal) problems lately, nothing serious. I love that piece of **** car!

I guess my parents instilled in me some sort of thing, that you use something until it just doesn't work any more!