NPR fires Juan Williams

Magox

Juan Williams gets the boot.

NPR hates the fact that he works for FOX, in the past they criticized him and Mara Liasson for being part of their daily programming. To me this is no surprise, if you listen to NPR the way I do in the mornings then you see that 9 out of 10 stories have a left-leaning sympathetic tilt to it. Very subtle, but it's there.

NPR fired political analyst Juan Williams Wednesday night over his statement on Fox News that he gets "nervous" whenever he sees people in “Muslim garb” boarding a plane.

“I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot,” Williams said on the "The O'Reilly Factor" Monday. “But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”

Williams and Bill O'Reilly were discussing the Fox News host's recent appearance on ABC's "The View" – during which two of that show's hosts walked off the stage.

“Look, political correctness can lead to some kind of paralysis where you don’t address reality,” Williams said.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very subtle? since when?

Let's put it this way, they aren't brash about their views like let's say a Glenn Beck or a Sean Hannity. They do a story that will be sympathetic for left-leaning causes, without really giving their opinion about it, so yes, I would call it subtle.

Let's put it this way, they aren't brash about their views like let's say a Glenn Beck or a Sean Hannity. They do a story that will be sympathetic for left-leaning causes, without really giving their opinion about it, so yes, I would call it subtle.

This is true. Glenn Beck has balls and brains, and is confident enough in his knowledge to say what he thinks unapologetically and let the chips fall where they will. From NPR you get cowardice shrouded in "objectivity".

Edited by Rob's House

+ 1 Unlike 95% of liberal commentators, he actually used a line of thought out reasoning you could follow instead of just mindless emotional blather bush bad like the others.

I was always surprised NPR ever let him on FOX.

Yes, while most liberals just try to stomp all over the conversation, Juan is someone that you could actually have a conversation with and consider his reasoning.

Juan is a liberal that I actually liked.

As liberals go, I like him, too, primarily because he does a good job of presenting "why" liberals think they way they do, unlike a WH talking-points automaton like Alan Colmes, who believes in typical liberal idiocy like open borders and single payer because...y'know...just because.

Edited by LABillzFan

This is true. Glenn Beck has balls and brains, and is confident enough in his knowledge to say what he thinks unapologetically and let the chips fall where they will. From NPR you get cowardice shrouded in "objectivity".

Oh, you.

I didnt say you said that, brainiac. For one of those "real smart" liberals, youre pretty dumb.

Well I'm not sure I know what you meant by bringing up someone completely unrelated, then.

Also, I find it real funny that guys like you and Joe can figure out what my political leanings are, when I haven't really indicated that here, ever. Like I said, you can see right through me. :rolleyes:

I don't see anything wrong with him being honest like that. We all confront our own biases in life. I have biases I'm not proud of too. If I am on a plane as he described, I'm not freaking out--but I am more alert. That's a sad state but it's true. If I'm walking down an alley and three 18 year olds in baggy pants step out in front of me, I'm on alert more than if 3 guys in suits step out.