NFL players are too stupid

Mr. WEO

Yes, they are. And not just on this issue.

Regarding this issue though. I would love to see one NFL game where hard-shell protection and hard-shell helmets are banned. Old time football played by today's players. Just one game, I would pay triple to go to that game.

"If I get a chance to knock somebody out, I'm going to knock them out and take what they give me," Crowder said Wednesday. "They give me a helmet, I'm going to use it."

I dont expect anything less from a Dolphin, but what a friggin idiot.

If this keeps happening, its only a matter of time until the entire nation sees someone die on the field. We are not very far off from that happening. You'd think the players would realize this and cut the BS, if not out of simple respect for other players, at least to help preserve the league that is paying them millions o dollars a year.

Id like to see an offensive guy use their helmet to go at Crowder's knees. We'll see how much he approves using the helmet as a weapon then.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Crowder is right for the most part. Merriweather's hit should have gotten a fine, not the other ones. And if they want to suspend, then announce in the future those hits will be ejections...simple as that. The other two hits are fine.

If this keeps happening, its only a matter of time until the entire nation sees someone die on the field. We are not very far off from that happening. You'd think the players would realize this and cut the BS, if not out of simple respect for other players, at least to help preserve the league that is paying them millions o dollars a year.

Id like to see an offensive guy use their helmet to go at Crowder's knees. We'll see how much he approves using the helmet as a weapon then.

Here you go. Several non dolphins chiming in.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/10/20/helmet.to.helmet.hits.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

Theyre all stupid, as youve already pointed out.

The NFL isnt trying to ban hitting, or even hard hitting. Theyre trying to ban using the crown of the helmet as a weapon before someone DIES.

This is the point everyone is missing...the offense does not have to play by the same rules. You tell defensive players to not lead with their head but if you heard Mike and Mike the other day, they had Merril Hodge on and he basically said in his career after he caught the ball over the middle, he would go looking for someone to hit. And to do that he needed to get lower than the D man...which meant he led with his head. This coming from a guy that suffered all those concussions. I am okay with the rule of not leading with your head but make it the same for offensive players...no lowering your head to take on a D man.

A

Crowder is right for the most part. Merriweather's hit should have gotten a fine, not the other ones. And if they want to suspend, then announce in the future those hits will be ejections...simple as that. The other two hits are fine.

You think the hit on Massequoi (sp) was legal? C'mon.