Why no play for Parcells?

oregonbbfan

He would give this organization instant credibility. He knows talent and is not afraid to make a trade. Would love to see him in the draft room and running this team with Nix and Chan if he thinks they can do the job. I would make him an offer he can't refuse.

We have Buddy Nix.

Doesn't Parcells already have a job? Why would he leave one job for another? He seems more than happy where he is right now...

could have sworn that i just read something about him cleaning out his office and wanting to get out of miami.

You can't get any one good here. Cowher and Shanahan are proof. You can only get guys with no where else to go, like Nix and Gailey. People want to put in a position where they have a CHANCE to succeed, and that is not here. RW has poisoned the franchise

Well we did Hire Chuck Knox so we did it ONCE in 50 years

And the bills hired marv levy to work in our draft room after he was so successful as a coach.... but that blew up in our face.

could have sworn that i just read something about him cleaning out his office and wanting to get out of miami.

Didn't see that.

Wouldn't mind having him here, but if he doesn't want to be with miami, I doubt he would want to be in buffalo.

Nix and Gailey have at least 2 years, and most probably 3 years, 3 being a typical amount that RW gives to a new coach. During at least the next 2 years there is NO chance of anyone else being brought in to replace Nix or Gailey.

So stop thinking about it.

Of course if RW is no longer the owner, then I think everyone is probably gone before the next season. I don't think Nix would be retained and unfortunately for Gailey, I don't think he would be looked at as making the best of a bad situation from a coaching point of view.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/19/parcells-calls-departure-a-leave-of-absence/

Though Dolphins V.P. of football operations turned consultant Bill Parcells has cleaned out his office and vacated the team's facilities, he apparently won't be setting up shop with another team soon, according to Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald.

He would give this organization instant credibility. He knows talent and is not afraid to make a trade. Would love to see him in the draft room and running this team with Nix and Chan if he thinks they can do the job. I would make him an offer he can't refuse.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/2.php True. Read further. His contract says he can do what he wants. He can go where ever he wants. Even talks about next team. Don't know resason for packing, Health? Disagreement with many owners? Who knows. I know it's a tall task with Ralph but make him President (I know he said he never would again) with Nix and Chan in current positions. Ralph, give him control!

In one of his books, called "My Last Season As Head Coach in the NFL" (seriously), written when he was coaching the Jets, Parcells did go on record as saying that Buffalo was one of his very favorite NFL cities, because it is all football, none of the other bs that goes with teams in NY, Dallas and, one would assume, Miami. Parcells said something to the effect, of, "if I bring my team into a place like Buffalo, and they don't play hard, I know they aren't the kind of football players I want on my team. The whole atmosphere reeks of football, if you can't get up for a game in Buffalo, you aren't a football player"... I have always been a Parcells fan. Would be awesome to see him help turn the Bills around (might as well make it a clean sweep of the AFC East), but I know it will never happen...

In one of his books, called "My Last Season As Head Coach in the NFL" (seriously), written when he was coaching the Jets, Parcells did go on record as saying that Buffalo was one of his very favorite NFL cities, because it is all football, none of the other bs that goes with teams in NY, Dallas and, one would assume, Miami. Parcells said something to the effect, of, "if I bring my team into a place like Buffalo, and they don't play hard, I know they aren't the kind of football players I want on my team. The whole atmosphere reeks of football, if you can't get up for a game in Buffalo, you aren't a football player"... I have always been a Parcells fan. Would be awesome to see him help turn the Bills around (might as well make it a clean sweep of the AFC East), but I know it will never happen...

It all just sounds so perfect which makes me think how it will never happen. I mean - talk about the shot in the arm that would revive this organization...Parcells and #1 Qb in the draft!!!??!! Follow that up with New Unis and you have euphoria in Buffalo again!

Diminishing returns, man...

Garbage. If you count taking a 1-15 team to 11-5 and stabilizing the franchise as diminishing, go ahead. People around here settle for mediocrity or worse and then say a proven talent evaluator with a track record of success shows diminishing returns.

You want to talk about "diminishing returns" when the team has fallen from once proud to complete afterthought and irrelevant? Give me a freaking break. I'd settle for Parcells' diminishing returns in a heartbeat. What's the worst he's going to do, call Littman a bean counter?

Edited by BillsVet