Clausen benched

To be fair, he's a rookie QB on a very bad team with sparse talent. Homers should watch because it's probably what a rookie QB will look like on an otherwise talentless Bills team next year. If there is a season.

Doesn't he have steve smith?

Pretty sure sam bradford could hook up with him behind carolina's line

Doesn't he have steve smith?

Pretty sure sam bradford could hook up with him behind carolina's line

Doubt it. Smith's injured and the Panthers line has been re-tooled and hasn't been playing that well.

I think he is injured right now. Though his oline is pretty good and they have two great RBs, who aren't playing that well either this year. They have some players, but they can't seem to get it together.

Their offense looks like ours has in recent years. Facing 8, 9, 10 man fronts and have no ability to push the ball down the field.

I never liked Claussen, he looked too robotic playing QB, with zero instincts, IMO. Too early to tell about his future and I think Fox didn't make him any favors by throwing him in so early.

One thing is clear though, no matter how well coached he was running a pro system in college he was not the "most NFL ready QB in the draft", not by a long shot.

Yeah, they bench Claussen after 2 or 3 games with a 52.5 rating to go to a guy that has a 33.3 rating and was benched because he was an INT machine, with 6 already in a few games...

their QB situation might be worse than ours...

I wanted Clausen, especially in the second. I am not going to run from his recent crappy performance, Carolina sucks, their owner is pulling the NFL corporate line in letting players move before the pending strike. No excuses though, he is rookie, has no one to throw to, lame duck coach and a team that's plummeting but he has to play better. I haven't seen much of him but he is making rookie mistakes like staring down recievers, something that, with experience, will go away. This time next year, I believe he will have made major strides. I won't be back defending him when he starts in a couple of weeks and actually has a good game. Basing what a player might be after a few starts in his rookie season is assinine.

I wanted Clausen, especially in the second. I am not going to run from his recent crappy performance, Carolina sucks, their owner is pulling the NFL corporate line in letting players move before the pending strike. No excuses though, he is rookie, has no one to throw to, lame duck coach and a team that's plummeting but he has to play better. I haven't seen much of him but he is making rookie mistakes like staring down recievers, something that, with experience, will go away. This time next year, I believe he will have made major strides. I won't be back defending him when he starts in a couple of weeks and actually has a good game. Basing what a player might be after a few starts in his rookie season is assinine.

Speaking of rookie, we don't have to give him the normal 4 seasons of "being a rookie" like we would if he wore a Bills uniform, right? :ph34r:

PFT

Anyone else want to harp on Nix for whiffing on this "franchise" QB?

PTR

To this date, Nix has practically nothing to justify having faith in his ability to improve the Bills. His first draft class is shaping up to be more of the same. I didn't like Clausen either but give me a freakin' break on calling him a bust after playing an entire 3 games for a bad team.

To be fair, he's a rookie QB on a very bad team with sparse talent. Homers should watch because it's probably what a rookie QB will look like on an otherwise talentless Bills team next year. If there is a season.

Sparse talent? No they're losing because their offensive coordinator and coach are RETARDED. They have one of the best RB tandems in the league and they don't run the ball. No ball control what so ever. Deangelo Williams averages almost 5 yds a carry, yet he barely gets the rock 15 times a game. They have talent. You stick in a rookie QB, and your RB averages almost 5 yds a carry. And you make your rookie QB sling the ball almost 30 times a game? Way to protect your QB.

Sparse talent? No they're losing because their offensive coordinator and coach are RETARDED. They have one of the best RB tandems in the league and they don't run the ball. No ball control what so ever. Deangelo Williams averages almost 5 yds a carry, yet he barely gets the rock 15 times a game. They have talent. You stick in a rookie QB, and your RB averages almost 5 yds a carry. And you make your rookie QB sling the ball almost 30 times a game? Way to protect your QB.

You have a point there, after the draft most of the pundits pointed to the Panthers running game as to one of the reasons Clausen might be going to great situation. I guess they aren't using their strenghts at RB well. I could see it if the other teams D was stacking the box and the running game was going nowhere, forcing Clausen to pass but...if they have a RB that is averaging 4.7 yards a carry that doesn't make any sense.