Trent Williams Owns Demarcus Ware

Thanks.

My original post was not fully explained. I'm definitely not saying we should have taken ANY Tackle available, I'm just saying there were a lot of need positions we had to fill and we picked a kick returner.

I've never seen a team take a Kick returner with their 1st round pick.

Then again, I've never seen a team take a 3 year project pass rushing end with their 1st pick either.

My point, however subtle, was that our front office is a bad joke.

Now, if we had done something incredibly stupid, like say for instance, holding a THIRD running back on our roster, while letting another promising RB (J.Bell) go, so that we could get the same value and just lose the promising back...

why then... I'd have to say the difference between genius and stupidity...

is that genius has its limits.

How bout no.....Scott

You were saying we should have taken Trent Williams instead of spiller. You can lie all you want, I hope it makes you feel better, cuz we're not buying it. Read up before you start a thread please.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...gotta stop reducing him to a simple kick returner. He had 606 carries and 123 receptions while at Clemson. He's one of only a handful of players in the ACC to ever rush for 3000 yards and 1000 yards receiving.

How bout no.....Scott

You were saying we should have taken Trent Williams instead of spiller. You can lie all you want, I hope it makes you feel better, cuz we're not buying it. Read up before you start a thread please.

Actually, what I was saying ... is that we got SCREWED in the draft. We got a KICK RETURNER.

What part of KICK RETURNER do people not understand?

Our First overall pick, on a team with no less than 7 GLARING positional holes on its roster, was a KICK RETURNER.

Is it lonely being the only person on the planet stubborn enough to defend the Bills' front office?

Alright let's get this straight right now. Buluga was not worth the 9 book he was projected at best a rt in case you haven't heard we need an lt and then we can move bell to rt. I'm standing by the spiller pick because whether you want to admit it or not, it's not like any other picks taken after us are exactly lighting the world on fire. For everyone who wanted clausen nix sure showed you. This guy know what he's doing spiller was the best player available remember even McClain was gone. We tried to trade down and we couldn't so stop bitching

And I'm with him so now were 2 so f off

Okay...gotta stop reducing him to a simple kick returner. He had 606 carries and 123 receptions while at Clemson. He's one of only a handful of players in the ACC to ever rush for 3000 yards and 1000 yards receiving.

Sorry,

5 games, 19 rushing attempts = ~4 Rushing attempts per game = KICK RETURNER.

Nice pick Nix.

Actually, what I was saying ... is that we got SCREWED in the draft. We got a KICK RETURNER.

What part of KICK RETURNER do people not understand?

Our First overall pick, on a team with no less than 7 GLARING positional holes on its roster, was a KICK RETURNER.

Is it lonely being the only person on the planet stubborn enough to defend the Bills' front office?

You literally said the Bills "drafted a kick returner instead" of Trent Williams. "woulda shoulda coulda". Whatever BS trip you're laying out now is trying to save face. By bringing up Williams you were saying the Bills "woulda shoulda coulda" drafted him rather than Spiller. He obviously wasn't available.

Also, CJ Spiller is more than a kick returner.

Also, Trent Williams is good but didn't have a particularly good game yesterday.

Also, the Bills preferred to draft him but he was long gone.

Also, everyone in this thread disagrees with you about the value of the Bills drafting Spiller.

Also, Demarcus Ware does not play for the Colts.

Basically, your entire post is wrong and you need to step back, now.

Edited by Punch

Sorry,

5 games, 19 rushing attempts = ~4 Rushing attempts per game = KICK RETURNER.

Nice pick Nix.

Also, you're literally a moron. Stop posting garbage. If only the Bills had given up on their no. 1 draft pick in 1969 that started out primarily returning kicks...

realistically we should have traded down into the 20's and picked up a 2nd rounder and taken saffold. then we could have a future line with saffold, wang, wood, levitre, bell. perhaps with that other late 2nd rounder we could have taken spikes or vlad ducasse. oh its fun to speculate...

Thanks.

My original post was not fully explained. I'm definitely not saying we should have taken ANY Tackle available, I'm just saying there were a lot of need positions we had to fill and we picked a kick returner.

Then again, I've never seen a team take a 3 year project pass rushing end with their 1st pick either.

Now, if we had done something incredibly stupid, like say for instance, holding a THIRD running back on our roster, while letting another promising RB (J.Bell) go, so that we could get the same value and just lose the promising back...

- CJ Spiller was one of the best offensive threats to come out of this draft.....there are PLENTY of rookies that come in and start off on special teams. Now that Marshawn is gone look for his statsu to go up. And by the way you actually have seen a team take a kick returner with their 1st round pick. His name was Leodis Mckelvin who came into the team in a similar situation as CJ with starters in front of him so he started off on special teams.

- AT THE TIME we drafted CJ Spiller they did not know if Marshawn was going to report...he had been in trouble two times.....they did not know what they were getting with Marshawn. WE ALSO HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING that Joique Bell was gonna be that good. Remember the draft comes before they actually hit the field.

- WHEN WE DRAFTED there was not a offensive tackle worthy of our 9 pick. You can make the arguement that maybe we go with a pass rusher...but AT THE TIME we did not know if Aaron Schrobel was going to report or not. We did take a NT and a DE for our new 3-4 scheme.

- It is my humble opinion that this team does have a plan as much as fans dont like it....

-- They will not overspend for free agents and we have a lot of holes to fill

-- We keep doing just well enough to keep us out of the franchise players.....how good would Sam Bradford look on this team?

-- Realizing this...this team is set up to fail this year...they are evaluating players to see if they want them on the team next year.....aquiring draft picks....and trying to get the best pick they can. Whether this works or not remains to be seen..but this is NOT the status quo for this team. They are INTENTIONALLY tanking this season that is my humble opinion.

Thanks.

That is not at all what you said. You said we should have drafted trent williams, which really wasn't possible unless you wanted to pay a heavy price for it. A VERY heavy price.

And you calling Spiller a PR is just ridiculous. The guy has scored us a lot of points on offense as well being a running back and a reciever.

And you have never seen a kick returner with the 1st pick? Do you EVER watch the draft? Do you remember a certain phins player getting picked and miami saying "you are going to love watching him return punts!"

yeah, way to backtrack with mis information.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Alright let's get this straight right now. Buluga was not worth the 9 book he was projected at best a rt in case you haven't heard we need an lt and then we can move bell to rt. I'm standing by the spiller pick because whether you want to admit it or not, it's not like any other picks taken after us are exactly lighting the world on fire. For everyone who wanted clausen nix sure showed you. This guy know what he's doing spiller was the best player available remember even McClain was gone. We tried to trade down and we couldn't so stop bitching

And I'm with him so now were 2 so f off

Agree with just about everything except the moving of Bell to RT....and you are not the only one saying this

I dont understand why people want to move a player to another spot when they are doing a good job where they are at....since LT's are MUCH harder to find why dont we leave Bell where he is and concentrate on getting a good RIGHT TACKLE which are easier to find and dont require a 1st round pick?

The main reason people want to move bell to RT is because he is better at run blocking than pass blocking, and RT is more of a role for a tackle that is good at run blocking.

As much as I am liking bell's improvement, his pass blocking is below average. But I wouldn't move him to RT unless we actually have a good LT on the team. And I wouldn't want to move the rest of the online unless we had to. and i am speaking of the people that want to move Wood to center. The guy was great as a guard last year until he got injured.... I am sure once healthy, this guy will be great at G for us. Jumbling the o-line is something you should only do if you have to. They will improve faster if the jell at their positions instead of playing musical chairs every week.

We got a KICK RETURNER.

He is a running back, a reciever, and a kick returner. Have you not watched a single game this season?

And if you read your post, this is what you said right in the title:

Trent Williams Owns Demarcus Ware

Ok ok maybe "owns" is a little over the top...

but the guy gave up zero sacks to Ware...as a rookie...

Good thing we drafted a Kick returner instead.

Coulda woulda shoulda

You are suggesting that we could have traded spiller for williams.... which is insane because we couldn't.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

The main reason people want to move bell to RT is because he is better at run blocking than pass blocking, and RT is more of a role for a tackle that is good at run blocking.

As much as I am liking bell's improvement, his pass blocking is below average. But I wouldn't move him to RT unless we actually have a good LT on the team. And I wouldn't want to move the rest of the online unless we had to. and i am speaking of the people that want to move Wood to center. The guy was great as a guard last year until he got injured.... I am sure once healthy, this guy will be great at G for us. Jumbling the o-line is something you should only do if you have to. They will improve faster if the jell at their positions instead of playing musical chairs every week.

He is a running back, a reciever, and a kick returner. Have you not watched a single game this season?

And if you read your post, this is what you said right in the title:

You are suggesting that we could have traded spiller for williams.... which is insane because we couldn't.

OL (and DL) are one of the few positions you can semi evaluate from my QB chair with my TIVO....so in my own evaluation Bell's pass protection has been pretty good.

I am trying to remember a game where he has even been physically dominated yet this season....his job is to keep his man away from the QB and I think he has done that really well. What I see a lot of (can someone confirm this) is the opposing teams best pass rusher will either

a. Move to the other side and pick on our RT

or

b. Run some sort of stunt that causes the interior to have to pick them up

Bell...a totally low draft pick and a year removed from a major injury (and not even 100 percent as he is still getting subbed for precautions) is playing like an absolute stud.

I think that another problem is when people see defenses beating us to the outside of our tackles our TACKLES AS A WHOLE get blamed.....our right tackle position is a damn sieve. Then you have Eric Wood who i am not sure is 100 percent yet and probably should be moved to center now.

Good Left Tackles give up sacks sometimes NaPolian

The question is what happened on the rest of the snaps.....was Bell getting pushed around, out of position, needed help, failed to block for the run. etc etc.

He's referring to how the OP mentioned Demarcus Ware was "shut out" by Washington's Trent Williams in the Sunday Night game--- but the Redskins actually played Indianapolis on Sunday Night, and Demarcus Ware is a Cowboy. Ironically, when the Redskins played Dallas earlier this season, Demarcus Ware did, in fact, beat Trent Williams for a sack. NaPolian's just pointing out this little bit of out to the OP, is all, because he was essentially incorrect in everything he posted.

He's referring to how the OP mentioned Demarcus Ware was "shut out" by Washington's Trent Williams in the Sunday Night game--- but the Redskins actually played Indianapolis on Sunday Night, and Demarcus Ware is a Cowboy. Ironically, when the Redskins played Dallas earlier this season, Demarcus Ware did, in fact, beat Trent Williams for a sack. NaPolian's just pointing out this little bit of out to the OP, is all, because he was essentially incorrect in everything he posted.

Ahhh.....gotcha