Peyton Manning giving Bills of old props...

Big Turk

Asked in post game interview what it was like to be getting ready to be the all-time QB/C leader in the NFL with Manning/Saturday passing Kelly/Hull and Tarkenton/his center, and he said "Its a great honor, but I'm not sure we deserve to be mentioned in that company just yet."

Peyton, thanks for making Bills fans feel good remembering just how good those teams were and how lucky those of us who got to watch them were...

Asked in post game interview what it was like to be getting ready to be the all-time QB/C leader in the NFL with Manning/Saturday passing Kelly/Hull and Tarkenton/his center, and he said "Its a great honor, but I'm not sure we deserve to be mentioned in that company just yet."

Peyton, thanks for making Bills fans feel good remembering just how good those teams were and how lucky those of us who got to watch them were...

A friend of our family used to be the back up to Saturday. He never really caught on but was with the team a year or two. He went to Pittsburgh and didn't work out. Buffalo had some interest in him but that faded. This was 01-04.

He is still great friends with Saturday and has said what a class act he is.

Humble remark by Manning, who not only deserves to be mentioned in that company but transcends it by a significant margin.

As you said, Manning is already in that company and will eventually be in a class of his own.

This is the guy that should be the face of the NFL.

I have never been a Colts fan, but have always been a Peyton Manning fan, he has always been a class act, not to mention by the time he retires, probably the greatest QB ever. Polian can find them can't he? Still remember when he got criticized for not drafting Ryan Leaf first.

I have never been a Colts fan, but have always been a Peyton Manning fan, he has always been a class act, not to mention by the time he retires, probably the greatest QB ever. Polian can find them can't he? Still remember when he got criticized for not drafting Ryan Leaf first.

Was he really criticized? I thought an informal NFL GM's poll of the time showed that there wasn't really much of a debate regarding Manning v. Leaf---- something like only 3 GMs said they would draft Leaf, one of the few to publicly state it being John Butler.

Polian can find them? Please stop it. Manning was a consensus #1 pick. My dead grandmolther would have made that pick correctly.

What Polian did was talk up Leaf, just to make it interesting. Leaf was never a threat to get picked by manning.

He settled out of court for $300k because he talked about a girl in the book? I wouldn't have granted her the satisfaction. Instead, I would talk about how amazing she was, blablabla, nothing but nice things just to get under her skin more. Instead, she's another pussificated scared of someone calling her names. While I have not read the book I cannot imagine any publisher allowing anything too harsh.

Also, makes you wonder about the whole thing people were hoping for, the white knight Manning against the dark horse Vick. What only could have been!