Is it time to name name the Bills Curse

Ever since Doug Flutie was benched by then Head Coach Ralph Phillips or was it Wade Wilson the Bills have been terrible with string of bad luck and horrendous personal decision. I think we need a new name to help us survive these years of misery. If the NY Rangers can get though chants of "1940" and the Red Sox make it through the curse of the Bambino. Why not a curse name of our own. It will at least give us some form of identity. I was think about the The Corn Flake Curse.

What's yours?

For me, it will always be 'The Curse of Pete Gogolak' - after the Bills won the AFL title in 1965, NY Giants owner Wellington Mara violated an agreement between the two leagues and signed Gogolak from the Bills. The AFL was in its infancy and Ralph was unprepared for a bidding war, so Gogolak left for $greener$ pastures. Gogolak went on the become the NY Giants' leading scorer - a stat he owns to this day - and the Bills haven't won a league championship since.

The season immediately after the Gogolak incident, the Bills missed out by one game on playing against Lombardi's Packers in the very first Superbowl, and would wait 25 years for another shot at a league championship in Superbowl 25 against - go figure - the NY Giants, setting in motion that unprecedented string of four consecutive Superbowl losses.

Time to end the curse - we all need to grab our

Whammy Weenies

rent a bus, take a road trip to Hawthorne, NY, and do a REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! dance on Wellington Mara's Grave!

post-2970-070955600 1287269982_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

The curse of lousy drafts.

No doubt, and a big part of the curse is trading away 1st round picks for nothing in return like McCargo and Losman, which started with the trade for Rob Johnson.

So I guess you could name it the "RJ Curse."

RJ Curse > Flutie Curse :devil:

Ever since Doug Flutie was benched by then Head Coach Ralph Phillips or was it Wade Wilson the Bills have been terrible with string of bad luck and horrendous personal decision. I think we need a new name to help us survive these years of misery. If the NY Rangers can get though chants of "1940" and the Red Sox make it through the curse of the Bambino. Why not a curse name of our own. It will at least give us some form of identity. I was think about the The Corn Flake Curse.

What's yours?

Music City Miracle Curse = MCMC - haven't made the post season since.

It goes back further than Flutie, they lost all four Superbowls. It's the curse of McKinley. Buffalo shrank as a city after his death.

Nice sentiment, but completely untrue.

In fact, while the McKinley assassination certainly brought shame and embarrassment to The BuffTown in 1901 - much like Kennedy/Dallas/1963 - the City of Buffalo continued to grow at a tremendous rate for the next 50 years.

Similar to Dallas, we named a few streets, schools, and parks after the guy, put a big obelisk in front of our new city hall, and The BuffTown was able to 'shake it off' and continue to grow and prosper until it finally peaked in thee 1950's...

City of Buffalo Population

1900-352,387

1910-423,715

1920-506,775

1930-573,076

1940-575,901

1950-580,132

Edited by The Senator

It's Flutie or the Music City Miracle - one in the same, or was the MCM because of Flutie? Either or, that was the final event in a string misfortunes (since then, we’ve just stunk), and the Bills still haven’t recovered.

I think the only solution is to invite the diminutive one back, and let him lead us back from the dead and into the play-offs this year!

It's got to be LAKE EFFECT!

The Curse of LAKE EFFECT or the LAKE EFFECT curse.

It coincides with the Football Season, the BILLS seem to be unexpectedly buried every season, and it's NEVER our fault-always a victim of geographic location and the "elements."

Another choice would be the MF RJ curse! McKinley/Flutie RJ or just MF RJ for MF RJ.